Very good news for our German-speaking fans!
Translation of the German DVD announcement:
Turbine Media Group will finally be releasing the German version of Malcolm in the Middle (Malcolm Mittendrin) on DVD on October 24, 2014.
A Collector’s Box with Seasons 1-3 will contain all 63 episodes on 10 DVDs, but each season can also be bought separately. All episodes come with the original English audio and a German-dubbed track. Unlike the French releases, however, the episodes have not been subtitled in either German or English.
The image transfers will be identical to the French versions. A unique feature of these releases is that while all episodes are presented in the original 16:9 widescreen-format, there is also a menu option to reduce them to the 4:3 format in which they were first aired on TV.
The special features for all seasons will correspond to the French releases, so include the original American bonuses for S1 and the French additions for subsequent seasons. These features are all in English with optional German subtitles.
Depending on sales for the first 3 seasons, the following seasons will hopefully come out in early 2015.
Just to make sure, here’s a list of all special features:
- Pilot episode in extended director’s cut + commentary track
- Bryan Cranston explains the widescreen version
- Alternative cold opens
- US TV commercials
- 45-minute-special documentary about “Malcolm“’s origins (A Stroke of Genius)
- 3 team-Audio commentaries (160 minutes)
- Short documentary on Erik Per Sullivan (Dewey) (Dewey’s Day Job)
- Tour of the Malcolm-house by the boys
- Behind the scenes with the Malcolm-crew
- Episode ‘Company Picnic’ in extended director’s cut
- Interview with series creator Linwood Boomer
Videos and trailers for these releases can be found on Turbine’s YouTube channel, such as:
Season 1 trailer:
S1-3 box set trailer:
German-speaking fans can join a special Facebook page on the series created by Turbine, which will publish various screenshots and fun facts, but also a generous selection of publicity images frequently taken from our site: