MITM Mistakes / Goofs / Errors / Contradictions - Page 11
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MITM Mistakes / Goofs / Errors / Contradictions

I'm not questioning their usual competence, but that particular scene was sloppily edited.

At www.moviemistakes.com you can find goofs from both movies and TV shows. MITM is also on there.
    you wanna follow the laws of man?
    bloody apron, leg of lamb.
    it's so hard to win...
    when there's so much to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky Yugi View Post
    This one was probably deliberate, but in "Krelboyne Picnic," watch for that scene where Dorene throws away Lois's brownies because she's concerned about nonexistent peanut allergies. Look right behind Dorene and there's a concession sign reading... wait for it.... "Peanuts"
    Oh, I hadn't noticed that before. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo22 View Post
    Oh, I hadn't noticed that before. Interesting.
    This post dates back from 2 years ago, but I didn't notice that neither. It must be on purpose, the sign is just in the middle of Lois and the other mother's heads !

Default MITM Mistakes

I Found These Funny Mistakes On IMDB and moviemistakes.com

In the Pilot episode (Season 1 Episode 1) Malcolm and Stevie are in his room. When Stevie is talking you can see the boom mic poking out at the bottom left part of the screen.

In Red Dress (Season 1 Episode 2) when Dewey yells for Lois because the bow was put on the present, if you look to the left of Lois, you will see a crewmember kneeling down, handing Lois the red dress, who is holding a bucket of water. He quickly gets out of the camera's view.

At the end of Lois vs. Evil (Season 1 Episode 9) Malcolm speaks to camera with several children moving in the background. One boy doesn't know where or when to move and he tries to speak to someone off camera. In the end he gives up, shrugs his shoulders and walks off.

At the end of Traffic Jam (Season 2 Episode 1) when the family have got back in the car Malcolm says something like "who would have thought a traffic jam could be so cool, we should do this again". Well near the end of the sentence we can see Malcolm's mouth and it isn't moving.

In Flashback (Season 2 Episode 25) When Lois goes into labour with Malcolm, she runs outside taking Francis and Reese with her. When Francis says, "You're a liar, you're a liar," watch the back window of the car and you will see the camera and camera operator's reflection in the window.

At the end of Zoo (Season 4 Episode 1) in the last argument scene where Malcolm and Dewey are in the tigers cage,if you look over Malcolm's right shoulder you can see a man with a camera filming them.
    Last edited by Seosamh; May 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seosamh View Post
    At the end of Lois vs. Evil (Season 1 Episode 9) Malcolm speaks to camera with several children moving in the background. One boy doesn't know where or when to move and he tries to speak to someone off camera. In the end he gives up, shrugs his shoulders and walks off.
    I noticed this, really obvious, but quite funny!

Thanks! Yes, I've always liked these little mistakes, although I think a lot of the so-called continuity and synchronization errors on IMDB are a bit far-fetched, and hardly noticeable, let alone irritating.

Most movies are dubbed afterwards, so there will always be slight mouth movement discrepancies, and the same is true of the disjointed nature of the filming process, where shots and counter shots (or reverse shots) from character to character will often result in slight misplacements of hands or objects like napkins or the amount of drink in a glass. But I'm nitpicking now, and I think the glaring errors are always enjoyable!

Here are a few I can remember noticing:

• In Softball (5.12) when Francis bashes Reese for his toilet seat grabbing record, the vapour trails of a plane in the sky change and disappear between close-ups and long shots.
    • In the same episode, so-called 'secret agent in the making' Hal returns to the secret service headquarters to see the whole building gone. Yet in the frontal shots of Hal, we see an enormous shadow looming over him - indicating the building is still there.
    • In Francis Escapes (1.7) there are three cups hanging on the kitchen rack in some shots, and two in others. This must have been, because one is in the way of the wall phone that Lois is trying to use. In some shots, we see the third cup has fallen down on the draining board.

Quote Originally Posted by Seosamh View Post
    Yes, that was something funny I hadn't noticed yet! I think the kid was waiting for a cue to walk to the drinking fountain (I think it is) in the background, which is where he ends up later.

Rich

Recently found error:

In 'College Recruiters (2)', after Francis pulls a neighbours cable into his apartment whilst they are away, watch the cable miraculously move back and forth from two alternative positions during camera shots as he is sitting on the bed talking with Dewey

Default what happend to this post

how come the original post is at the 3rd page