What does Reese / Justin do now ?

Richiepiep

Administrator
We just found out Justin is married! Click this link for our frontpage news.

What a surprise!

This is one major scoop, thanks to our webmaster TJ and Reddit!

Let's just hope it's not part of an elaborate hoax, but it doesn't look that way at all, more so if you manage to look a little further.

I hope they're happily married now, and I wish them all the luck in the world.

Obviously, Justin now likes being quite a powerful producer behind the scenes, and a private person for most of his spare time, which means he's taken a leaf out of Erik's book so to speak, or vice versa.

I think we should respect him for whatever he wishes to share with us or not.

Best,

Rich

Sweet_Pie

We just found out Justin is married! Click this link for our frontpage news.

What a surprise!

This is one major scoop, thanks to our webmaster TJ and Reddit!

Let's just hope it's not part of an elaborate hoax, but it doesn't look that way at all, more so if you manage to look a little further.

I hope they're happily married now, and I wish them all the luck in the world.

Obviously, Justin now likes being quite a powerful producer behind the scenes, and a private person for most of his spare time, which means he's taken a leaf out of Erik's book so to speak, or vice versa.

I think we should respect him for whatever he wishes to share with us or not.

Best,

Rich

If he's actually married, congratulations and I hope it lasts forever and they always have a happy life and marriage! :)

I saw that picture of Justin and his wife on Twitter and I remember this one person calling it a hoax and insisted that Justin is gay. Oh well.

Thanks for the info!

MBrown68

I wish I could still see him on TV. I was really surprised when I found out that he quit his acting career. He was quite good at it, at least better than many actors from current TV shows.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I wish I could still see him on TV. I was really surprised when I found out that he quit his acting career. He was quite good at it, at least better than many actors from current TV shows.
Yes, I agree. He was very expressive in his acting, he had such a wide range of really funny looks on his face whenever he got into trouble, caused havoc or was startled by something.

But I read that as the Malcolm series wore on, he had been in sitcoms for 10 years even as a teenager, and he became more and more interested in the production aspect of TV and film, sort of shadowing the crew and asking them questions about procedures and technicalities.

When he started producing for Virgin, he cited "the relative stability and certainty of the production world, compared to being an actor, for why he was always interested in the production side of the TV and film worlds."

And I think that's perfectly understandable and reasonable, if you look at his fellow child actors' careers like Frankie Muniz, Erik Per Sullivan and Craig Lamar Traylor (Stevie).

So I hope our loss is their gain. Or even our gain!

Best,

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
To quote from the March, 2013 ShalomLife article (Canadian magazine featuring "stories about Jewish culture and life") user Blauge linked to in an older post above:

Justin Berfield: "After ‘Malcolm’ ended, I realized that I had spent my entire life - since I was 4 [when he appeared in a Folgers coffee commercial, ed.] - in front of the camera. I had worked on four back-to-back television series with really only a few month of breaks during and in between. It was then that I decided that I would shift my focus to behind the camera in producing. During ‘Malcolm’, I had formed my own production company called J2 and had co-created and produced my first television show. J2 was acquired in 2010 by Virgin, and I currently oversee my team on all creative aspects of development and production by Virgin Produced.

Any plans to return to acting? Maybe so. Once I get married and have kids. It’s a little bit more stable in terms of knowing your schedule. We’ll see.

Archived link: ShalomLife Exclusive Q & A With Justin Berfield, Child Star and Virgin Produced CCO

Rich