MITM F.A.Q Development ON HOLD
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MITM F.A.Q Development ON HOLD

Default MITM F.A.Q Development ON HOLD

MITM FAQ

A great resource for both hardcore and new fans of Malcolm in the Middle would be a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Post a question and an answer to it. Think about the questions that are always asked. As questions and answers are composed I'll add them to the FAQ

Thanks for your help

UPDATE: Evil King is now our official F.A.Q Freak and in charge of developing the questions and answers. However feel free to add your own questions or questions and answers and he can add include them.
    Last edited by tjpeople; Oct 13, 2008 at 09:27 AM.

Need help? Email Me Here

Q: What is the family's last name/surname?

Short answer: The family name is Wilkerson.

Long answer: The last name of the family has been revealed first in the pilot episode, where Francis wears the name tag "Wilkerson" on his school uniform.Is it also on his trunk at some point? Also, though unaired, it appears in a joke from the original pilot script. In that script, Malcolm was walking to school when a neighborhood kid came running up shouting, "Malcolm, Malcolm, Malcolm. I was talking to my parents last night - I was listening to them talk, and what's your last name?" "Wilkerson, why?" Malcolm replied. "Oh. Who are the Pariahs?" said the other kid. The joke was eventually cut.is that true?

A special feature on the series 1 DVD stated also that their surname was Wilkerson. A trailer in the UK in early 2006 advised the viewers to spend time with "The Simpsons" and "The Wilkersons", advertising Sunday nights new episodes of both series. Another trailer was released to advertise the last episodes of 24 and Malcolm in the Middle, it claimed "Say Goodbye to the Wilkersons"

However it is often debated that the writers intended them to have one - most people agree that in the early days of the show the family were going to be called Wilkerson but that the idea was dropped and a concious decision was made for them not to have a last name. One theory of why their last name has been played down is that the producers did not want them to be typecast as any particular ethnicity.

The lack of a definite surname became a running theme - this is evident in the episode "Future Malcolm" where Hal's boss called Hal "Mr. Wilkerson" i can't find this - can you? In _______ Francis has a employee name badge that says "Francis Nolastname" This may be a joke or Francis may be simply embarrassed of his family. During the series finale, when Malcolm is being introduced for his graduation speech, his last name is not heard due to a squeak of the microphone.

-----------------------------------

The episode where we see francis' employee badge?
    Screen shots of francis's badge in the pilot epsisode?
    Is it on his school trunk too?
    Could people add anymore to that? correct me if I'm wrong?

Any more referances to the last name?
    Last edited by tjpeople; May 6, 2007 at 12:54 PM.
    Need help? Email Me Here

I know so little about this, that it's silly to suggest, but could we make a MITM wiki? Through member contributions of FAQs, character and episodes synopses, facts and stuff. I would imagine it would help get more people to the site.
    LOIS: Craig, are you drunk?
    CRAIG: Chilty as garged

Quote Originally Posted by Deweyrules! View Post
    I know so little about this, that it's silly to suggest, but could we make a MITM wiki? Through member contributions of FAQs, character and episodes synopses, facts and stuff. I would imagine it would help get more people to the site.
    I have thought about that and although it has some good points I think getting just a basic FAQ and (new) episode guide is the best way forward. Of which people can of course contribute towards.

Also a wiki section would make the site look more disjointed - which i want to avoid.
    Need help? Email Me Here

The episode where we see francis' employee badge? Graduation

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo22 View Post
    The episode where we see francis' employee badge? Graduation
    I believe Francis' employee badge said "Francis Nolastname", a joke from the writers.
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    I have thought about that and although it has some good points I think getting just a basic FAQ and (new) episode guide is the best way forward. Of which people can of course contribute towards.

Also a wiki section would make the site look more disjointed - which i want to avoid.
    Actually, a Wiki might be a good idea. If you have Wikia.com host it, and have a link to it on the main site.

I could make a wiki easily on this site but what good would it do? IF people have content/ wanted to put in the time they can post. If you have content you want to contribute feel free to make a thread, and I can make it part of the main site. We already have wikipedia's malcolm page and its pointless just making a clone of that.

Asking and answering FAQ's I think would be very productive as lots of people who lets say google Malcolm in the middle do so because they have a question. And an FAQ with a good list of questions and answers would be a great resource.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Post My FAQ

Here are my Questions and answers =)
    (sorry if there's any spelling mistakes)

Q: What's the name of the song in the Opening Titles?

A: The theme song of MITM it's "Your not the boss of me now" from They Might Be Giants. You can find it to download in the download section!

---------------------------------------------------

Q: Which seasons have been released on DVD?

A: The only season released on DVD until now its the first season. Let's finger cross to have more!

Q: Is it true that Bryan Cranston (Hal) directed three episodes of MITM?

A: Yes, Bryan Cranston directed three episodes of "Malcolm in the Middle" during its fifth season. The episodes were "Vegas", "Dirty Magazine", and "Experiment".

Q: What does Krelboyne means?

A: "Krelboyne" it's the name of the gifted students class to which Malcolm belongs. It is taken from the name of the nerdy hero of the movie "The Little Shop of Horrors" (1960).

Q: Which clips are featured in the Opening titles?

A: The opening titles feature short clips from cult films or television shows, edited together with clips from the early seasons of the TV series. These include, in order of appearance:

Three women fighting a giant turtle: From One Million Years BC (1966)
    Grinning anime boy in rain: Shiogami from anime Nazca
    The monster rising out of the ocean is the Kraken: From Clash of the Titans (1981)
    Woman being held above a nest of hungry pterodactyl: From One Million Years BC (1966)
    Anime guy skateboarding: From the anime Nazca
    Mud-monster grabbing a woman as she kisses a man: From Creature From The Haunted Sea (1961)
    Man ski-jumping while ignited in flames: Thrill Seekers
    Wrestling match: Canadian Bret Hart wrestling Canadian Chris Benoit (locking him in his finishing move, The Sharpshooter), during the WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match at WCW Mayhem PPV in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    Man attacking giant brain with an axe: From The Brain from Planet Arous
    Boxer knocking out referee: Cuban Pedro Cardenas fighting Canadian Willie DeWitt but accidentally KOd referee Bert Lowes instead, during the 1982 North American Championships in Las Vegas.

Q: Which channels broadcast(ed) MITM?

A: MITM has been broadcasted in 38 different countries:

United States: Fox
    Canada: Global, YTV, Télé-Québec, OMNI Television
    United Kingdom: Sky One, BBC Two
    Bulgaria: bTV and Fox life
    France: M6, Paris Première
    Italy: Italia 1
    Spain: Antena 3FOX
    Croatia: Nova TV
    Portugal: SIC Radical