How did you become hooked on MITM?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you become hooked on MITM?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How did you become hooked on MITM?

I know this has been asked before, but it's different every time we get a new Wave of visitors. So, how have some of our current members become hooked on MITM?

For me, I had heard the good things about the first season and decided to watch Waterpark. It said To Be Continued at the end and as it was the last ep of the season I could never figure out why it was never continued. When Traffic Jam finally aired, it didn't even dawn on me that it was the continuation. Nonetheless, I loved the show and have been watching ever since.

Default Re: How did you become hooked on MITM?

I started by watching reruns through the years, most likely beginning with season 2 or 3. At that time, I wasn't what I consider a "fan," but anytime I happened to see the show I would watch it for a good laugh. Then, this summer, I watched almost every episode on TV and found some people with tapes of the others, and I became more and more hooked with every new episode I saw. Now that I've seen every one, I re-watch them consistently because I still find them funny, which is the point at which I can say I really became completely hooked. I feel kind of bad for not supporting the show earlier, but even after cancellation it still provides some good moments.
    When I go insane, I want to think I live in the Malcolm in the Middle world.

It doesn't matter when you became a fan, it just matters you became a fan. MITM will live on in reruns forever.

Well, it was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
    Lol, sorry. Anyways, it was just last summer(near the end of July). Summer vacation was a week from ending and I was my mom's house with nothing to do. It was the middle of the week(Thursday or Friday, I believe) and I was just bored. I turned on the tv(it was 5:00) and I saw this show called Malcolm in the Middle. Of course, I had heard about it back when it first aired in 2000(when it was huge), but since that time I had forgotten about it. I thought MITM was stupid before I even saw an episode(I should kick my own ass for thinking that). But still, I was bored and had nothing to do. So I watched it...and I thought it was so friggen funny! A second episode came on, and I watched it as well and had the same impression. So I tuned in the next day, and the next day, and the next day...and the rest is history. So, I have reruns to thank for making me a MITM fan.
    Anyways, that also ties in with why(partly) season 7 is my favorite season, because it was the only new season of MITM I caught(I had already been a fan for a few months by the time "Burning Man" first aired in October).

That sounds like exactly how I got hooked--just about the same time too. It was also last July for me and we were on vacation in Myrtle Beach (of course.) I don't usually watch tv during the day, but when we're there, there's really nothing else to do unless you're out going to the beach or whatever. Anyway, I was watching some kind of crap, then MITM came on when it was over. Like Tony, I'd heard of it back when it was really popular, but I never paid much attention to it cause I rarely watch Fox. The first episode I saw was Health Scare where Dewey was taking care of Bernard the Hamster. I missed the first half of the episode and when I came back, Dewey was talking to an orange ball, which I thought was really wierd. (I didn't realize there was a hampster in it. ) It seemed fairly entertaining so I tuned in the next few days day and started to get to know and like all the characters. When I got back from vacation, I checked my local listings to see when MITM came on in my area and have a fan ever since.

Midway through season 5 (around Christmas), Fox had a mini-marathon of Malcolm (an episode from every season). I got it on tape, and then the magic of that comedic powerhouse (with a VCR and, later, a DVD recorder) did its thing.

Thumbs up Re: How did you become hooked on MITM?

I'd heard a lot of great things about the show when it premiered but for some reason, I never watched an episode until the season 1 finale. I watched "Waterpark" when it first aired and I was amazed at the sharp, crisp writing and acting and the overall style of the show, ie; Malcolm talking to the camera, a single camera show, location shooting outside of a closed set, no live studio audience or laugh track. It was different than anything I'd seen in recent years and I liked that.

So Rye and I saw the same episode as our first one. Which was the first episode you saw Tony?

Only accutaly on the last episode

You didn't become hooked on the show until you saw the last episode!? Wow, a bit overdue.