8 Simple Rules - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 Simple Rules

Default Re: 8 Simple Rules

I´ve only seen a few episodes and from what I´ve seen it´s not that bad, but certainly not great (in my opinion). It´s entertaining, but actually it´s very clichee. There´s nothing special about it, there are just two teenage girls with pretty strict (at least when it comes to parties and boys) parents. Of course there´s the smart kid (Kerry) and the stupid but popular one (Bridget). I don´t know how to describe Rory since I don´t know him very well. I think it´s one of these shows where you can watch a season, then miss 2, but when you watch it again you won´t realize that you´ve missed a lot of episodes, because there are no character developments.
    But still I think it´s not that bad. I think the "goodbye" episode was very well written and touching.

I find the laugh track (or canned laughter0 off-putting. after being used to comedy shows like MITM, The Office andd Curb Your Enthusiasm that doesn't use it - its kind of over bearing. Not something we are famiar with, as it is not required.

Wow, I just deleted about half of my post after reading Allison's in the "Topic Review." Well said!
    I felt that the show went down after John Ritter died.
    I hate how Carey's character also became popular and ditsy (I going by the 3-4 eps I've half watched). It's way too sentimental for my liking. While in the past two seasons MitM has been deaing with teen problems, the actual focus of the show is quite different. That's what separates it from cliche shows such as 8 simple rules (I love how no one bother's with the second part of the title).
    As to the laugh track: I can generally ignore it on shows where I'm laughing too (such as Friends and Seinfeld). But when the joke is stupid and you can tell it's fake, it gets very annoying.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Sound, its gonna be proper good to have E4 for free. I can watch new scrubs episodes and i'll also have two chances to watch ER and desperate housewives which i always forget! Not sure about men and motors though! Still, freeview is definitely a worth while thing to have, and these additions will make it even better, can't wait.
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

Well, I watch some eps of it now and then. Some of them are funny but not brilliant and far away from MITM-greatness but I think it's OK.

Don't ask ME.