Who would you say is closest out of Malcolm, Reese and Dewey?

vching

I think Malcolm and Reese are the closest...
Dewey was sort of an 'outsider', someone to play their tricks on... its evident throughout the first 5 seasons that this was so...
It seemed that Dewey came into contention in the later part of the series. However, I still think that Malcolm and Reese are still inseparable as brothers... remember the episode where Stevie beat up Reese? That 'pep-talk' kinda convinced me... They still plan pranks together, for example in A.A., Malcolm and Reese still plan pranks. I havent seen Dewey and Reese plan a prank by themselves before... This might just be random ramblings so don't get angry over it, I love Dewey and his manipulation...

Besides, dosen't Dewey always act alone? Him manipulating other people, and to some extent, manipulating his class, although he was helping them, always made him seem high and mighty, and to some extent, superior, hence alone?

Last edited:

rzombie1988

After seeing some episodes again, I really think that Reese and Malcolm are the closest.

Dewey and Reese are not close whatsoever, because whenever Dewey gets a chance he gets revenge on Reese bigtime. There are a couple of moments that show this, such as when Reese steals the driving school car, and Dewey begs for the police to pepper-spray Reese, and when Reese straps himself to the bed and Dewey goes to town on him. Another example would be when Dewey and Reese make up a scam to let other kids hurt Reese, and Dewey instead opts to hit Reese by himself.

Malcolm and Reese are the closest. This may be because they are closer in age. In quite a few episodes they are together doing something, like when they attempt to scare the people at that empty house make-out party, training for cheerleading, trying to get the keys (I think) out of Dewey, and sneaking out of the house.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I can agree that Reese and Malcolm are the closest, but I also think Dewey and Reese share a special bond. Remember in Hal's Christmas Gift, when Malcolm is being excluded by Reese and Dewey? I think it's usually Reese and Malcolm because they have less of an age difference but Dewey and Reese also work together occasionally.

MalcolmFun

Definately Malcolm and Reese but it is more then just thier age. I think they include each other with thier (crazy) plans all the time more so then the rest of the family. Malcolm and Reese seem to work together alot when for the most part it is like every man for themselves in that family!

I think they actually understand each other the best since the core about both thier personalities is that they have no self confidence and feel no one likes them. They just deal with it differently. Contrast to Dewey, Francis or Hal - they always have seperate plans that don't always include everyone else.