Malcolm has been cancelled !

osoq

Welcolme also! But in my opinion, the show is growing old and it's IN MY VIEW not be cancelled, being concluded...Shows like Friends & Everybody Loves Raymond ended, allthough they could have very well still been around today because the producers didn't want to pull a later-generation Simpsons..."Keep the show around for ratings even though the episodes aren't as top-notch as they used to be".

I don't know if the producers are running out of ideas, and I doubt they are, but I think they want to wrap it up and send if on a high note before it begins to completely bomb for FOX and has to end mid-season one year.

cranstonfan

From TVGuide.com

Friday, Jan. 13, turned out to be a truly bad-luck day for Malcolm in the Middle. That's when the cast members learned that the Fox sitcom, now in its seventh season, had gotten the ax.
"There was some sadness," Bryan Cranston, aka Malcolm's bumbling dad, Hal, tells TVGuide.com, adding that he and his TV wife, Jane Kaczmarek, shared an embrace and a few tears upon learning their fate. "We realized it's about how much fun you have along the way," philosophizes the actor, who felt that Malcolm could have easily gone on creatively for another year. "But I can't complain. We'll have done 151 episodes. It's been fantastic. It's going to be good to see what else we can do."

Kaczmarek will remember Malcolm as the show that allowed her to break out of the serious lawyer roles that she'd been cast in for so many years. "I couldn't even get auditions for comedies," says the former Yale University School of Drama student. "I played very unfunny people."
Frankie Muniz, as the show's title character, took the news a bit better than his TV parents did. "I wasn't upset," he muses. "I was sad, of course. But we knew it would eventually be coming to an end."

The Agent Cody Banks star says that Malcolm is set to wrap production in mid-March, which will give cast and crew time to bond and commiserate before they officially part ways. "We didn't find out three days before [our] last day," notes Muniz. "That would have sucked!

"I've had such an amazing, lucky life," the grateful actor continues. "I'm ready for a transition. Life is about starting new chapters. This is definitely one of them for me."

Thanks to her popularity as one of the sitcom genre's more memorable moms — will somebody just hand this woman her Emmy already? — Kaczmarek and her real-life husband, Bradley Whitford (The West Wing), successfully established in 2002 Clothes Off Our Back, a charitable organization that unites designer duds from award-winning actors with fans who buy them.

"Mike Farrell [M*A*S*H] told me that you have a certain 'currency' when you become a celebrity and that it's up to you as to how you're going to spend it," Kaczmarek explains. "The first year, we sold Jennifer Aniston's [Emmy] dress for $50,000, which allowed 50,000 children to be immunized against measles. It's opened so many doors for me to say to people, 'Hello, can I have your shoes and your dress?'"

<TABLE align=right valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- BEGIN: AdSolution-Website-Tag 4.1 : TvGuide : W=news S=insider P=inline I=00/07/19/40 --><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript>dcsAdViewCount(document.location.pathname,'inline');</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>Ads_kid=0;Ads_bid=0;Ads_xl=0;Ads_yl=0;Ads_xp='';Ads_yp='';Ads_opt=0;Ads_wrd='';Ads_prf='';Ads_par='';</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=javascript src="http://a.as-us.falkag.net/dat/cjf/00/07/19/40.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://a.as-us.falkag.net/dat/bjf/00/10/21/40.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><!-- END:AdSolution-Tag 4.1 : TvGuide --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>What might not end up on eBay is a purple jewelry box you may have spied in Lois and Hal's bedroom. "I might take that," hints Kaczmarek. "I've often thought that it must have been a pretty box before it ended up on Malcolm. I'll put it next to Brad's artificial Nobel Prize [from The West Wing]."

Cast members are already making future plans. For one, Cranston is directing a Christopher Titus pilot for Comedy Central, and has "a few ideas" he wants to pitch to HBO, too. While Cranston's glad to be available for pilot season, he's not going to grab the first Bob Patterson that comes along. "I'm very fortunate," he says. "Having the 'thank you, anyway' money [because of Malcolm] means I can be choosy."

Muniz is completing postproduction on his role as Swink Sylvania in the thriller Stay Alive (costarring One Tree Hill's Sophia Bush and The O.C.'s Samaire Armstrong, and due for a Mar. 26 release), and next year he is set to associate-produce the movie Choose Conner. Kaczmarek, meanwhile, wouldn't mind getting a call from pal J.J. Abrams for her next gig. "I love Lost!" raves the actress, adding that she was the first performer whom Abrams directed on the series Felicity.

And what about someday doing a Malcolm reunion? (After all, series creator Linwood Boomer, who played Adam on Little House on the Prairie, is no stranger to those!) "Oh, sure," says Kaczmarek. "I love these people."

In announcing Malcolm's fate, Fox said that the comedy's swan song will air May 14. Will the dysfunctional clan go out with a bang? "I think a mass explosion would be great," chuckles Cranston. Adds Kaczmarek, "We were just talking about that. Linwood would like to see an episode with absolutely no conflict. Everybody would be nice. We'd all be having a nice day." The actress laughs. "How scary would that be?"

Muniz hopes that his TV family's surname — only hinted at once, in the pilot, where Francis' school uniform bears the tag "Wilkerson" — is not at last confirmed in the series' final episodes. "That's something that's always been really cool about the show," he says of Malcolm's many mysteries. "Nobody knew how old the boys really were or where they lived. It made the audience think that they could be in any town." (A genuinely frightening thought.)

While a pink slip is nothing to be happy about, Cranston is grateful that Fox is handing Malcolm in the Middle one bit of good news. "They're giving us our original time slot for our finale — Sunday at 8:30, after The Simpsons," reports the actor. "We're really happy that we're going to end the show that way."

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
cranstonfan said:
From TVGuide.com

Kaczmarek, meanwhile, wouldn't mind getting a call from pal J.J. Abrams for her next gig. "I love Lost!" raves the actress, adding that she was the first performer whom Abrams directed on the series Felicity.

And what about someday doing a Malcolm reunion? (After all, series creator Linwood Boomer, who played Adam on Little House on the Prairie, is no stranger to those!) "Oh, sure," says Kaczmarek. "I love these people."

In announcing Malcolm's fate, Fox said that the comedy's swan song will air May 14. Will the dysfunctional clan go out with a bang? "I think a mass explosion would be great," chuckles Cranston. Adds Kaczmarek, "We were just talking about that. Linwood would like to see an episode with absolutely no conflict. Everybody would be nice. We'd all be having a nice day." The actress laughs. "How scary would that be?"

Muniz hopes that his TV family's surname — only hinted at once, in the pilot, where Francis' school uniform bears the tag "Wilkerson" — is not at last confirmed in the series' final episodes. "That's something that's always been really cool about the show," he says of Malcolm's many mysteries. "Nobody knew how old the boys really were or where they lived. It made the audience think that they could be in any town." (A genuinely frightening thought.)

While a pink slip is nothing to be happy about, Cranston is grateful that Fox is handing Malcolm in the Middle one bit of good news. "They're giving us our original time slot for our finale — Sunday at 8:30, after The Simpsons," reports the actor. "We're really happy that we're going to end the show that way."

Thanks for posting Cranston Fan. It's nice to hear the actors' thoughts about it.

Random thoughts:

That would be awesome if Jane got a role on Lost! That's my second fav. show. It would be wierd seeing her in a drama though. I'd be waiting for her to start yelling at somebody. :D

It would be cool if they confirm their last name, ages and location in the finale. But then, what would we debate about? :)

It's nice that fox is giving them their original time slot, kinda sentimental.

It's really sad to see such an amazing show end like that. The other bad think is, Friday the 13th of January was my birthday (even more unlucky). I know it wouldn't have gone on much ;longer because the cast are getting a lot older but it is a great shame to see one of the best programs of all time ending so suddenly!! Look on the bright side, there are DVD's and books out there bout MitM and i've got a book!! Also on sky one there are back to back episodes all the time so that's the good point!!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
That is really good news that they will have their original timeslot for the finale. I hope it gets a buttload of viewers so it will go out on a really high note. Also, I propose from now on we have one member of the community be a kind of lookout guy. That means whenever he/she hears of individual projects the cast is doing, they will post the news asap so we can all check the projects out.
God bless the cast and crew of MITM.:)

Tyno

Malcolm-France
About the projects of the actors :
- Frankie Muniz will star on Stay Alive (In theatres March 26th) and will product the movie Choose Conner.
- Bryan Cranston will realise a plot for a comedy.
- Chris Masterson will star on Intellectual Property.

Nothing new from Justin, Jane and Erik. ;)

han_keep_smilin

Tyno said:
About the projects of the actors :
- Frankie Muniz will star on Stay Alive (In theatres March 26th) and will product the movie Choose Conner.
- Bryan Cranston will realise a plot for a comedy.
- Chris Masterson will star on Intellectual Property.

Nothing new from Justin, Jane and Erik. ;)

thanks! now i know were to look for them:D

tommy666

maybe it`s not that bad at all ???
as i know, it`s the best to leave the stage, when you are at top of the list, when you are the best !!
it`s sad, but it`s the truth.
i`m the biggest fan of the MitM in estonia.... :)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Welcome to the forums tommy! You can PM myself, Wildcat, yardgames, or admin if you have any questions about the site. Have fun! :)

Great El Foldo

Hi, I hope you lot will accept me in here :)

Please sign my save MITM petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/smitm
I apologise for the long post in advance.

It is with deep sorrow that I join this forum. Malcolm in the Middle has always been a special programme for me; for the past 5/6 years it has entertained me as I grew up (I was 13 when I started watching). It is certainly one of the greatest programmes around and occupies for me an area which I can safely say, will not be filled by any other shows.

To explain my first statement “It is with deep sorrow that I join this forum”. I rarely check the Internet for news regarding MITM. Mainly because I fear I might discover something that I would have rather remained ignorant about (i.e. The impending departure of a cast member e.t.c.).
It was only the other night that I typed “Malcolm in the Middle axed” into google for a joke, I expected announcements regarding an Eighth Season, but to my dismay I found out that this would be the Seventh and Final Season ( my actions sound strange, but I typed it hoping to find articles that disproved the shows cancellation rather than proving it). I must admit, I was dumbstruck at first, I never expected this news and I certainly never expected it to have such a profound effect on me. I knew the show had to come to an end, (with Malcolm coming of college age) but I was expecting a future season Eight or Nine to be the last and to be billed as the Final season from its onset. It was as if the world had fallen out of love with my favourite TV family, rather than give them the send off they deserve (a Proper/Planned final season).

I will miss the family for their crazy antics and have a few words about some if the characters:

Lois - I will miss her for her overbearing demeanour and the fact that she attempted to to discipline her kids yet was the focus and cause of much of their mischievous behaviour.

Hal – How could anyone not miss Hal? I have to say I really really liked Hal. His compassion and care for his family was endearing, but I mostly liked him for the zeal in which he perused any task, always going off in wild tangents; Building Robots, Bowling, Dancing, Skating, Looking after Jelly Bean, Race-Walking (one of the best Hal moments) and building war memorials amongst his many adventures.

Francis – Francis' adventures are absolutely hilarious. What is best about Francis is he always finds somebody else to blame and finds a good way to justify all the trouble he causes. His stance on military school was so amusing, rather than be thankful for his parents sacrifice he used it to justify all his extreme behaviour.

Reese – What can I say about Reese? Reese is great just for being Reese. Seeing this unbelievably dumb kid grow up is so funny; blellow, the way he treats girls he likes, joining the army have and trying to mail himself to China have all been pure Reese moments.

Malcolm – Malcolm seems the hardest to write about, I guess what comes to mind are his ongoing caustic remarks and his continuous cynical views on everything he encounters. (I guess I will just have to write more about Malcolm as I post in the forum)

Dewey – Dewey is one awesome character. Seeing him growup and learning to master manipulation is one of my favourite arcs in the show. Some of my favourite Dewey moments: pretending to be orphaned in“Evacuation”, Selling Candy Bars in “Experiment” and preforming as “Great El Foldo”.

It is a shame that the conclusion on MITM is getting ever closer. I really believe it would have been possible to produce one extra season, which could have been billed as the Eighth and final season. One should be thankful that is has imparted us with seven seasons of unique entertainment. I wish all the Cast, Crew and Fans the best of luck.

PS – Please sign my save Malcolm in the Middle petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/smitm

I know most people are sceptical regarding petitions (especially on-line ones) but it is the least we can do,let us prove there are still lots of loyal fans out there.

Oh and before I forget a future reunion episode would be great a Christmas or Summer Vacation episode.

Malcolm in the Middle Rules

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's a very nice post El Fodo, welcome to the forum. Yes, all of us know exactly what you're going through. Only we knew the minute it was announced so it's had a few months to sink it. Still doesn't make it any less painful though. I really don't think a petition is going to do much good though seeing as how they are wrapping up filming for the final episode within the next week or two. It's a nice gesture, but I'm afraid it's over. :( Maybe it will help by talking to fellow MITM fans. We look forward to seeing more posts from you. Feel free to pm me, J. or yardgames if you have any questions.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
As if this thread wasn't sad enough. :) I know how you feel Foldo. When I first joined this forum, I was doubtful that I would find any place here. But the great thing about this forum is that everyone is passionate about the same thing: Malcolm in the Middle. It's a great show that's carved a spot into our hearts for the rest of our lives.

I know it's hard to move on, but we need to find closure at some point, somehow. We've had seven absolutely amazing years and the show has reinvented the sitcom--no to mention the family sitcom. Not only were the characters great, but each actor brought a little something special to the set. Frankie and his unique expression of emotions; Justin and the complex feelings built into Reese; Eric's mischiviousness; Jane's life experience; Bryan's love and passion for the show. On the same token, we see that each character indeed has a corresponding actor in the real world and as nice as it would be if the show continued indefinitely, we need to let the admittedly superbiuos cast and crew of MITM move on to newer things--even if they'll never be as good as Linwood's original "Fighting in Underpants." (now think about it...if they had actually kept that name, would it have lasted seven years?) :D

Great El Foldo

Thanks yardgames and Wildcat, your posts made me feel very welcome.

Yes Malcolm has provided us with 6 years of great TV and a family that I think all people could relate to on some level. It is also nice that the cast are getting a chance to move on, I guess they have been doing this comedic acting for so long they want to move on to other projects.

Does anyone know what projects Erik has lined up?

On the petition I really expect it to have little if no effect. I just thought it would be a nice gesture. The final clause reads:
I the undersigned would like to thank The Cast and Crew of Malcolm in the Middle, for providing fans all over the world with the best entertainment offered on television. I would also like to wish them all, the best of luck regardless of what happens to the show.

It would also be cool to see how many fans we can get to sign it around the world.