Keep in Step! Fanfiction

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: Keep In Step! Part 7

The thing I like about these things are like an ep I missed, and you are writing an overview of it or something. A REALLY detailed overview, the really good kind.

As a casual note, our locker rooms are an ordinary class room opened up for us to use. :D How dare the school let the band use real locker rooms..... But eh... we change on the bus most of the time, so I guess it doesn't matter. :D (The hardest part is actually getting your shoes on, the pants are so baggy and they don't stretch) One little real note though: How can the band be practicing without the brass section? It's about half the band proper. It could have just been that Bobby and Jaques were unloading North HS's instruments from their truck, and stashed them in their own truck.

But I think your way is more to the story. So ignore my last three sentences. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

@J-Yeah, I try to do quick but detailed overviews of what's happening/happened. Glad you like that.:)
And about those brass instruments-I was guessing bands take spares, and that's what Bobby and Jaques were planning on stealing and putting on the truck.:D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

They do keep spares, one of each, but those are the crappy horns... You'd be lucky to get 15 cents a pound for them. :D It works either way though. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Another superb accomplishment, but it seems to me you're going to be hard-pressed to fit all of this into 22 minutes. :D That's the beauty of writing it yourself--you can make it as long as you want. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Keep In Step! Part 9

*NOTE-Well, here it is! The ninth part of the story. It's getting near it's end, so I hope everyone has been enjoying it so far. Anyway, read AND please reply, and enjoy!...............................................................
...............................................................................................

It was Friday morning at the Wilkerson house. Hal was staying as far from Lois as possible, still afraid she would jump on him about winning the money from AFV by sending in the video of Malcolm and Reese's fight(see last chapter).

Lois: Hal.
Hal: I didn't....oh, uh, yes dear?
Lois: Ive been thinking about it, and....well, I guess it's ok you won this money. We can really use it.
Hal: Of course! That was my intention all along! To win the money for...the family.
Lois: Ive got to get Dewey to school. But I want you to stay home from work today so we can discuss what to do with the money.
Hal: Ok!
Dewey and Lois head for the van and drive off. Malcolm and Reese start for the high school. Reese is smiling and still happy about the previous night with Tanya.
Reese: I wonder what Tanya and me will do next. Hmm.......
Malcolm: Shut up!
Reese: Don't be mad I won.
Malcolm: You haven't won a thing! I haven't given up yet. And guess what? I have something planned today for Tanya!
Reese: What?
Malcolm: Im not telling you!
Reese: Fine! But I still think I won!
A while later, back at the house...
Hal and Lois are sitting in the kitchen, talking about what to do with the money.
Lois: I was thinking that we could put two grand in collage accounts for the boys.
Hal: OR we can get this!
Hal hands her a brochure for a speedboat.
Lois(rolls eyes): Hal!
Hal: It's so cool! It's got a motor, a air conditioner, a...
Lois: Why do you need an air conditioner on an open speedboat?
Hal:.....Uh...I don't know...but still!
Lois: We are not going to buy a stupid speedboat! Now, what I was thinking was...
There was a knock at the door, and the doorbell rang.
Hal: Wonder who that is.
Lois: Maybe it's mom.
Hal cringes at the thought of Ida being at the door. They go answer it, and there is a guy in a suit and sunglasses standing there.
Guy: Is this the Wilkerson house?
Lois: Yes it is. Can I help you?
Guy: Yes. Im agent Robert Downer with the IRS. Can I speak with you?
Lois: Uh...yes. Come in.
He goes in and follows Lois and Hal to the kitchen.
Agent Downer: I found out about Mr.Wilkerson's winnings from America's Funniest Home Videos. Congratulations.
Hal: Thanks, but...
Agent Downer: BUT, Im afraid Im going to have to take the money.
Lois: WHAT?!
Agent Downer: After I heard about your winnings, I checked our records and it seems you have failed to pay back taxes since 1996. You have been fined ever since, and the fines and the taxes equal up to 9,900$.
Lois: That's ridiculous!!
Agent Downer: Im very sorry. Now, I need the money right now. Where is it?
Hal is slowly inching out of the kitchen to the front door. He has his hand firlmy gripped in his pocket. Agent Downer sees him and knows he has the money.
Agent Downer: Mr.Wilkerson, don't do anything stupid.
Hal: YOU'LL NEVER GET IT! I WON IT! IT'S ALLL MIEEEENNNNNNNNNN!!!!
Hal runs out the front door toward the car.
Agent Downer: Dammit, got a runner!
Agent Downer runs to his car. Hal is already speeding down the street. Agent Downer starts pursuing him. Lois gets in the van and follows.
MEANWHILE, at the high school...
Tanya is in math class when there is a knock at the door. A guy says he needs her downstairs.
Teacher: Um, Ms.Tanya, go downstairs but hurry.
Tanya follows the man downstairs to a door. There is a truck there with a big bouquet of flowers for her.
Tanya: Wow! Who sent these?
Guy: Some guy named Malcolm, I think. Anyway, you need to sign this paper for em.
She signs and gets them. The guy gets in the truck and leaves. When Tanya turns around, Malcolm is standing there.
Tanya: you got these for me?
Malcolm: Yep. Thought you would like them.
Tanya: Well, I do...but...
Malcolm(a little worried): But what?
Tanya: I love roses. These aren't roses. But I still like them.
Malcolm: Uh...good...that's good.
Tanya: Ive got to get back to class.
Malcolm: Sure. Me too.
She leaves. Malcolm is standing there.
Malcolm: Dammit!
He starts heading back to class. On his way, he bumps into Reese, who had gone to the bathroom.
Reese: I saw the stupid flower delivery truck. I bet she hated them.
Malcolm: No she....(decides to lie)...She LOVED em! Said they were the best gift she ever got!
Malcolm struts back to class. Reese is standing there.
Reese: Dammit! I HAVE to think of somethin....
Reese gets and idea and smiles.
MEANWHILE, on the streets....
Hal is still speeding down the road with the IRS agent in pursuit. Hal is going in the direction of Craig's apartment. He finally reaches it. Hal jumps out and heads up into the building. He goes to Craig's door and knocks alot. Craig opens it and Hal runs inside and locks the door.
Craig: What's going on?!
Hal: IRS! They want to take my winnings from America's Funniest home videos!
Craig: Those bastards!
They hear sirens and look out the window. There is now a police car outside with the IRS agent. The cop gets on a loudspeaker.
Cop: Alright, Mr.Wilkerson, there's no way to escape. Come out and pay your fine to the IRS, now!
Hal: What should I do?!
Craig: You can't give in!
Hal:...You know what, your right!
Hal puts the window up and sticks his head out.
Hal: Hey, IRS, you know what you can do? You can eat my shi...
MEANWHILE, at the middle school...
Dewey and the rest of the band is loading the bus. They are heading 200 miles away to a BIG tournament. Bobby and Jaques are already frustrated at having to arrange motel rooms for everyone.
Bobby: You lardasses get on the bus now! We only have three hours to get there before they cancel our hotel reservations!
Everyone gets on the bus and Bobby and Jaques climb on too. The doors close and Bobby stands up front.
Bobby: Alright, we are going to the biggest tournament of the year..NO, the biggest tournament of our lives!
Everyone sighs because they know he is doing one of his odd speeches.
Bobby: And whilst you may go on to greater things, just remember, that THIS will be your crowning moment, and you will always remember you....
Dewey: We are wasting time. Let's get on the road.
Bobby: But...oh forget it! Driver, take us there!
The bus starts off.
BACK at the house...
The school day is over and Reese has rushed to the house before Malcolm can get there. He goes in.
Reese: Mom? Dad?
He sees they arent' home and he smiles. He runs to a closet and grabs a camera and a tripod. He runs to their room and closes the door....
....................................................................................................
END of chapter 9. Hope everyone liked it! Like I said, everything is going to start rapping up to the end. And I hope everyone thinks what I have Reese do is funny(wait to next chapter to see!). Anyway, please leave a reply!
Oh, and J, does the band leader always give some crappy,long,drawn out speech when leaving for a tournament?:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Keep In Step! Part 9

It seemed a bit surreal, even for an MITM plot, but I really enjoyed Hal's bump with the law--that's totally him. :D

reese35

Re: Keep In Step! Part 9

A smiling Reese with a camera and a tripod... Lord knows what'll happen next. Or better yet, YOU! lol ;) Good story so far...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Keep In Step! Part 10

NOTE* The big 1 0 is here! I hope everyone has liked it! The next part(11) is the final part of the story, which I will try to have up before I go on vacation Friday. Anyways, please enjoy!............................................
.......................................................................................................

It is Friday evening, and people from the whole neighborhood had decended upon Craig's apartment, where Hal was still having a standoff with the IRS and now some police officers(see last chapter). Lois was waiting with the IRS/police on the street.

Lois: Will he ever come out from there?!
Officer: I don't know. We are wai..wait! Look!
The window opens and Hal sticks his head out.
Lois: Hal! Get out here now!
Hal: I can't do that, Lois.
IRS agent: Sir, you have to pay that money now!
Hal: But it's MINE!
IRS agent: Wrong sir. It's the government's.
Hal: Oh yeah?! Want to know what I think about the government?! This!
He pulls his pants down and moons the officers and IRS agents. Lois covers her face in embarrasment. Hal pulls his pants up and sticks his head out the window again.
Hal: ok, ok, Ill come out on ONE condition!
IRS agent: What?
Hal: IF you guys can meet my demands!
IRS agent: What?!
Hal gets a piece of paper he has written on.
Hal: For starters, I want a inflatible pool float that looks like the Lochness monster, I want a original 1964 GI Joe, a great 8 track player, a....
MEANWHILE, a few streets away...
Reese is sneaking to Tanya's house. He has a envelope with him. Taped to the outside of it is a red rose. Reees hides in a bush while the mail truck drops off mail. Reese then runs and puts the envelope in the mailbox. He hides and sees Tanya come get the mail.
Reese: Oh yeah! I got this in the bag!
In the house, Tanya gives all the mail to her host dad while she goes into her room with the envelope. She takes off the rose, and then looks at the front of the envelope, which says,"To Tanya" in Reese's handwriting. She opens it up, and there is a single photograph inside. She looks at it and her eyes get kinda big and she raises her eyebrows. The picture was of Reese that he took himself(see last chapter). He is laying naked on the bed with the sheet covering his crotch:)D ). He wrote"To you,Tanya" on the picture.
MEANWHILE, miles and miles away...
The band has FINALLY made it to the hotel. They are going into the different rooms. Dewey is getting all his stuff when Bobby yells out,"Will all you sunsabitches hurry up and go change so we can get to the competition?! Were almost late!
Dewey: Jeez, calm down!
Everyone gets changed and they get BACK on the bus and head for the competition. They get there and head to the back locker rooms.
Bobby: Now everyone, we are up first, so let's go blow their asses away! Everyone knows the routine, Im hoping.
Everyone nods. Bobby smiles but then sees Dewey, who instead of wearing his regular band hat is wearing that ball cap with the camera inside it(the one Malcolm used to film Reese!).
Bobby: WHAT are you doing?!
Dewey remembers his hat.
Dewey(in head): Oh crap!
Bobby: Get that damn thing off and...
Announcer: And will our first team PLEASE come out!
Bobby: Dammit! We're up! Dewey, get into a band ha..
Announcer: Will our first team PLEASE come out, now!
Dewey changes into a band hat and every runs out to the field. They are met with a torrent of boos from the crowd.
Bobby: Don't listen to these pieces of crap. Everyone, line up and we'll..
Bandmember: Wait....Lenny isn't here! Who will take the main drum?!
Dewey: I will.
Bobby:....ok, but don't screw this up!
Dewey gets the drum.
Announcer: Well, now that you all decided to join us, you may start.
Bobby leads and they start. The whole band is GREAT. They are doing marching moves they had practiced over and over and everyone was playing like they were in a professional band. It then came to a part where Dewey gets a quick drum solo. He does it great:)) ). They finish and the whole crowd is shocked in silence. Then one guy starts clapping and everyone claps. Even the announcer.
Dewey: I think we got this in the bag.
Bobby: Yeah!
They all head to the back lockers again.
Bobby: Well, guys, I think we have this won. Everyone just sit here through the other performances. Jaques and I have some...things....to do.
Jaques and Bobby leave the locker. Dewey grabs the ball cap and replaces his band had with the cap. He follows them silently. He sees them go into a locker room and they start grabbing stuff. They then take it to a loading door. They open it and there is a truck there, with a open back and everything. A mexican guy is standing there.
Mexican: Buenos! So, everything go ok?
Bobby: Everything is fine. Just load this crap onto your truck.
They start loading stuff. Dewey is watching from afar and recording everything with the hat. But then, he accidently farts.
Bobby: The world was that?!
They turn and see Dewey, who's eyes are big.
Dewey: Oh man.
Bobby and Jaques run and grab him.
Bobby: I knew you suspected something. Youre too smart not to. Too bad.
Mexican: What do we do with him?
Bobby: We have to go on the bridge,right?
Mexican: Yeah.
Bobby: We'll throw Dewey over the bridge, then.
Dewey: What?!
Bobby: Sorry, but for all we know, you might...
They hear sirens. Three police cars pull up outside. A officer gets out.
Officer: Alright, get your hands up NOW!
Mexican: Who alerted them?!
Officer: We had a report that something like this was going on. Everyone, hands up!
Bobby and Jaques throw Dewey in the back of the truck and then jump in themselves. The mexican guy gets in the driver seat and starts up the truck. They speed out of the loading bay to the street.
Officer: Dammit! Let's go get em!
They speed after the truck....
....................................................................................................
END of part 10. The story ends in the next part(11). I hope everyone has liked it thus far! Anyways, please read AND reply! Till next time, peace!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Keep In Step! Part 10

This really has gotten a little surreal and weird, hasn't it? I saw the episode actually ending about five parts ago :)D) but it was entertaining nonetheless. Lookiing forward to see how you wind this up. :)

reese35

Kidnapped Dewey - a cliffhanger if I ever saw one! Then again, that was the original plan to cap off series 1. :p;) Anyway, keep it up!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

They have such nasty announcers in California(presumbly, of course).

You know what else I find amusing? They got to use lockers. We just change on the bus, as everyone else does. So, if it's evening/dark, and a school bus is out, unless you want to take a chance and see some band people changing, don't look. :D They'd just flip you off anyway if you did. :D

apart from my comical comments, which you know not to take seriously, I think it's going very well. And at least you're nice enough to let us have the final part before you leave. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

@Yardgames-When I originally came up with the idea for this, Dewey had the main plot, which is his band thing, so I just thought of "Keep in step". But as the story has gone on, everyone has gotten about equal time for their plots, so the title doesn't make alot of sense anymore.:D