Twentieth Century Fox Backs Blu-Ray

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Not true. The studios are split almost 50/50; well, 60/40 between HD-DVD and Blu-ray.
(and BTW, it's Blu-ray, not Blu-Ray--sorry, that was bothering me.)

And I agree wtih Deweyrules! that the change is too sudden. DVDs are certainly not the final frontier, but consumers may not be ready for the latest greatest thing, so let them release it, and if it doesn't work out, well, then we'll move on to even greater things.

Just one other note: Blu-ray has been out in Asia, albeit in a slightly different form that it will make when it premieres in America later this year, and it hasn't caught on much over there. And they're early adopters.

admin

Retired Administrator
Someone said earlier that Blu-ray will be on the new PS3, personally I think that if the PS3 is a success, which I think it will be, then Blu-ray will kind of piggy back on that success and people will start to buy Blu-ray DVDs, maybe not immediately, but as soon as they have HD televisions, which quite a few people already have.

Dewey

Minimalistic
What technology will the X-Box 360 have?

Not that I have time to play video games nor the money to buy one of these beauties - but I can still show an interest in these things. [smiles]

MITM18

Blu-ray comes out in the fall, I believe around November/December. So by the time PS3 comes out, Spring 2006, it will be ready for the mass public to be truly lift off.