Martial Arts

DustinJolley

Does anybody here do any type of martial arts such as Karate, Tae Kwon Do, or Tang Soo Do? I ask because I've wanted do one or all three of those for years, and I want some advice about how to go about signing up for lessons. I live in a suburab of Tacoma, Washington called University Place. Also, does it matter that I have ADD, OCD, And Asperger's Syndrome?

D

Deleted member 1693

I do karate and I've only earned a yellow belt (going on orange). Unfortunately, it's not really for me and I can't put in enough time and effort to continue. It takes a lot of dedication. My mom is forcing me to go until March though.

Anyway, we just went to the place and picked up a form to sign up. Not sure about the places around you though.

I'm sure they'll still let you participate! My dojo has pretty much no restrictions (unless you're an infant, you have no legs, or both). :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryebeach

I took Karate for a brief time about a million years ago. Well, not a million, but it sure seems like a lifetime ago. Wasn't really my thing so didn't stick with it. My youngest brother took it for a number of years and he enjoyed it. He got up to, I think, a green belt (could be mistaken on that though).

It does require quite a time commitment though, as Lucky mentioned.

D

Deleted member 1693

Sorry, I don't have any pictures and I don't want to take any. D:

Last edited by a moderator: