Family Tree

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
This is a thread from when i had a little break, so first time ive read it - all i can say is that its truely amazing and you sure have a nack for familty tree (career in mind?).

Its a very usefull additon to the site, what other shows have you done tree's for?

Yes that would be a great idea. I've done a family tree on Word. I put lines to connect together but they haven't appeared!!

Parents unknown Victor and Ida

Hal Wilkerson m. Lois Wilkerson Unknown family from A ranch!

Reese, Malcolm, Dewey and Jamie Wilkerson, Francis Wilkerson m. Piama (?),

How old is Dewey? In one episode they said something 'like just before Dewey was born' and 'oh about 10-11 years ago' so i reckon he's 10!!

Randee15

Family Tree, part 2 (SPOILERS GALORE!)

I don't know if long-dead posts are allowed to be replied to or not on here, so to be on the safe side I'm posting these in a new, separate post. If this should've gone into the original thread, I apologise in advance and won't mind if this is merged.

*Ahem* Anyway, I missed the series finale. Fortunately, I don't mind be spoiled, so I've been doing research about it for the tree. You have been warned, again! ;)

This time around I decided to split the tree up into four smaller trees for clarity. They are:
1. Hal's Line
2. Ida's Line (because Lois's wasn't inclusive enough)
3. Victor & Mr. Li's Lines (aka Ida's In-Laws)
4. Piama's Line

As a bonus, my original, all-encompasing (and inaccurate, as it turns out) tree is here.

I refer you to my previous posts on this subject for my basic various notes/ramblings/suppositions. But I also come bearing gifts of All-New Notes!

1. I was lazy and used abbreviations for most of the relationship discriptions this time around; but I'm sure all you smart people can figure them out! :p I was also more charitable this time, and made most of the relationships marriages, unless 1. proven otherwise or 2. I was really uncertain.

2. Reese's two marriages clearly ended, but I'm unsure how. His marriage to Raduca could've been dissolved by divorce or annulment, either way the cause would've probably been cited as fraud on Raduca's part.

The end of Reese's marriage to the Mullah is a little clearer, for homosexuality is strictly forbidden in Afghanistan, and the "marriage" would've never been valid in the first place. (Thus neatly absolving him of potential bigamy with Raduca, incidentally!) But I left the notation as simply "ended", because I'm not sure just how far Reese went with his charade...

3. Piama has a sister, mentioned in a seventh-season episode with a title that escapes me at the moment. (It was the one with Dewey visiting a despondent Francis, who had grown a rather scary beard while left all by his jobless self.) Piama had left Francis to either 1. bail her sister out of jail or 2. attend her sister's wedding to someone in jail. Alas, Francis couldn't remember the difference, so the poor sister's marital status is questionable. :D

I dithered about this sister's exact relationship with Piama: she could've been full, half, or even step. I eventually decided that, given Piama's mother's efforts to get out of having custody of Piama, it was more likely the sister was one of the latter two possibilities. Then I thought of how Enoch was portrayed as a philandering drunk, and so that clinched the "half-sister" possibility in my mind.

4. I still think Mula (or whatever her name is) was mentioned very briefly in "Victor's Other Family". However, I've since repeatedly watched the ep with CC on, and the line I swear she's mentioned in hasn't been repeated. Therefore, I've taken Mula out for now, until I can re-confirm her existence.

5. I, obviously, misheard Lois's biological father's name. I thought it was Vlado Something, but upon re-watching "Victor's Other Family" with the CC on I discovered it's actually Radu Gogorsky--though, in keeping with the rest of the tree, I didn't put down his last name. (And, yes, that's probably Radu as in Raduca. Radu's a popular Romanian name, having been borne by a brother of Vlad the Impaler among others. But I haven't yet found a Real Life Raduca, Romanian or otherwise.) I'm blaming my screw-up to Ida's accent!

I think that's it. You'll have to forgive me any incoherence: it's almost 3:30 am here, and I really should be asleep!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Family Tree, part 2 (SPOILERS GALORE!)

Wow, you really do know what you're talking about there. :) Another excellent job.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Jetcombo15

jetcombo15 said:
I'm sure even the producers don't know that much about their own show.

I agree! Sometimes we read into deep with things! There is no way they write in some of the stuff we read into it!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
But that's part of the fun of it: completing the pieces of the puzzle to make the family seem completely real.

D

Deleted member 1693

Wooooooooooooooooooah. This is just plain amazing...