Frankie Muniz is Buddy Holly in ‘Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story’ [Watch his Scene]

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

frankie.jpg

Frankie mentions in this video that he is guest starring in 'The Dewey Cox Story' which was retitled 'Walk Hard'

However this is the first mention of it I've ever heard and I can't find anything that backs this up.

It is of course possible that he was cut from the film but the interview was only shot back in May, but then again he is out of the Hollywood loop currently (racing) so it's possible he made a mistake somehow.

'Walk Hard' is expected for a 14 December 2007 release.

We will keep you up to date with any further developments but if you have more information please comment.

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Frankie Muniz is Buddy Holly in ‘Walk Hard’!

UPDATE Front Page Post

frankie-muniz-walk-hard-mitmvc.jpg

As we exclusively reported previously Frankie Muniz will guest star in the film which has finally settled on the title Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. As it had not been reported elsewhere till now we thought he may have been cut. However he's not and can be seen in the trailer as Buddy Holly! He's a guest star so its not a major role, but the film looks great.

[See Front Page Post for Video]

Woo-ee-oo Frankie looks just like Buddy Holly... (see 'Buddy Holly' by Weezer)

Source: TrailerSpy.com

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Out of curiosity, how do we "exclusively" report these things? I mean, where do you get the info that no one else does anyway?

Ryebeach

Out of curiosity, how do we "exclusively" report these things? I mean, where do you get the info that no one else does anyway?

I'm not so sure "exclusive" applies in this case, as Frankie mentions it in an interview with an outside news source. If "we" were said news source, if the MITMVC was the interviewer, and Frankie confirmed in the interview his participation in the film, then it would be "exclusive" news.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's what I figured; in which case that would be really cool but otherwise we'll just pretend it's exclusive. :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Gawd your picky.

Yes the video was not ours, however we are the first to actually write anything about it and make a deal of it. So yes its not exactly exclusive but pretty close.

Nico21

Here's a screenshot of "him":

whosthisvy5.jpg

I don't know the answer though, he really looks like Frankie (with more hair than Malcolm!), but I've never heard about him playing in this movie neither.

[Edit] It's Frankie Muniz, he appears in this movie "Walk Hard" which has been released this year. More information here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34979 (they quote Frankie in the 4th paragraph before the end)

[2nd Edit] There's already a topic here about this movie: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1677

Last edited:

MalcolmFun

So Walk Hard is a satirical comedy with a lot of "in" jokes and Frankie Muniz cameos as Buddy Holly. Gary Busey played Buddy Holly in the 1978 drama The Buddy Holly Story. I think we all know the satirical take of Gary Busey in Malcolm in The Middle . There is some comic irony in Frankie Muniz in a satirical movie playing the same character as Garey Busey previously played in a serious drama! Extremely in, "in" joke, or total coincidence?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Watch Frankie Muniz as 'Buddy Holly' in 'Walk Hard'

UPDATE

Front Page Post

As we first brought to general attention Frankie Muniz cameoed as Buddy Holly in the 2007 mockumentry Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. We then posted the trailer which featured a short scene with Frankie. For those who haven't seen it we reccomend you go check out the film (I though it was underrated) its available on Amazon. However for those who just want to see Frankie's scene watch on the Front Page Post.

The Hollwood Reporter gave it a good review and liked Frankie's and others 'Wacky' cameos. Frankie attended the LA premiere December last year here are some red carpet photos.

More photos is our GALLERY.

Thanks Rye