Remember the kid from Hal's "Jump Jump Dance Party" contest?

Richiepiep

Administrator
You must all remember the "Jump Jump Dance Party" contest Hal and Craig entered in the episode "Dewey's Special Class" (5x18). It was a parody of the Dance Dance Revolution game machine craze, and it won choreographer Fred Tallaksen an Emmy nomination.

Yesterday I was watching the episode again, and wondered what would have happened with the boy Hal ended up dancing with?

Dennis Bendersky, as he is called, was chiefly known as a young actor at the time, but his dancing certainly wasn't a happy accident!

As someone said on IMDB in 2005 (if s/he is to be believed): "He's a really good dancer - we went to the same studio. He's sooo good!".

It turns out he's an excellent tap dancer now, as can be seen in this dancing tribute with Melinda Sullivan to the silent movie homage The Artist (2011).

Enjoy!

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
video is privet
Yes, these things can happen. YouTube videos have a nasty habit of disappearing overnight, for a number of reasons, like copyright infringement (countless cases) or hateful comments or insinuations that can amount to slander, libel or death threats, which can force users to make their videos private or close their accounts altogether.

We sometimes download these videos to make sure they permanently feature on our own website, but we can't do this all the time. It's a good idea to keep in mind though, especially if it's a unique clip!

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
I found the same video at a different location, so I re-edited my original post. As long as it lasts, we can still enjoy it!

Thanks for alerting me!

Rich