Favorite Movie to star a MITM Star

W

we_dye

This week, whilst Christmas shopping I saw DVDs starring Frankie Muniz in the "bargain basket" at my local Wilkinson (a discount hardware and general purpose retailer).

Everything in the bucket was under £1 - the movies Big Far Liar and Agent Cody Banks 1 and 2 were in there along with half price Timotei, broken dog biscuits a can of already opened ceiling paint and a book written by Katie Price. Big Far Liar had a 77 pence price sticker on it.

I was half-tempted to buy it for a laugh. But seeing it on sale here for so little tells me it is not a cinema masterpiece on the level of Citizen Kane or Scarface.

In fact 77 pence is so low that Wilkinson must be selling the movie at less than cost price. They probably have a cluttered warehouse full of these discs that they are trying to get rid of.

Last edited:

Ollie

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but I started watching Breaking Bad a couple of days ago, and have watched 4 episodes so far (there are 3 seasons), each episode an hour long. I heard of it because Bryan Cranston was in it, and I am really enjoying it. I would recommend anyone to watch it (well the first 4 episodes so far anyway), look it up to find out what it's about people :D .. anybody else watching/watched it as well? :)

PeterU

Super Moderator
This week, whilst Christmas shopping I saw DVDs starring Frankie Muniz in the "bargain basket" at my local Wilkinson (a discount hardware and general purpose retailer).

Everything in the bucket was under £1 - the movies Big Far Liar and Agent Cody Banks 1 and 2 were in there along with half price Timotei, broken dog biscuits a can of already opened ceiling paint and a book written by Katie Price. Big Far Liar had a 77 pence price sticker on it.

I was half-tempted to buy it for a laugh. But seeing it on sale here for so little tells me it is not a cinema masterpiece on the level of Citizen Kane or Scarface.

You're right that they are probably not cinema masterpieces, but I don't necessarily think the fact they are cheap now means that they aren't as good as when they came out! Let's remember that Big Fat Liar and Agent Cody Banks (although not so much its sequel) made respectable box office figures. So I'd say they served their purpose -- and to the right target audience can still be entertaining today!

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but I started watching Breaking Bad a couple of days ago, and have watched 4 episodes so far (there are 3 seasons), each episode an hour long. I heard of it because Bryan Cranston was in it, and I am really enjoying it. I would recommend anyone to watch it (well the first 4 episodes so far anyway), look it up to find out what it's about people :D .. anybody else watching/watched it as well? :)

I'm loving Breaking Bad. I am very, very behind where the series is currently, because I'm playing catchup when the DVD releases arrive -- I'm still watching through Season 2 (though you seem to be even further behind, Ollie! ;)). Bryan's performance is fantastic, as is Aaron Paul's as Jesse. I like the fact that because it demands a hour-long slot, it gets the opportunity to take its time, be a bit artistic at times and build suspense slowly. The contrast between some really hard-hitting action and suspense and the slower pace of Walt's home life, as we see his relationships there crumble and rebuild, underlines a sense of 'double life'.

Ollie

Bryan's performance is fantastic, as is Aaron Paul's as Jesse. I like the fact that because it demands a hour-long slot, it gets the opportunity to take its time, be a bit artistic at times and build suspense slowly. The contrast between some really hard-hitting action and suspense and the slower pace of Walt's home life, as we see his relationships there crumble and rebuild, underlines a sense of 'double life'.

Wow you must have got A*s in English haha, I couldn't have said it better myself, I know what you mean, I love the plot so far and all of the acting, especially Walt's. I would say a lot more, but I'm going to go and watch it now, which says more than if I were to write a whole essay on it lol :).

Dew_Fan

Mo

One of the best movies I have seen that stared a MITM character would have to be the movie Mo, it stars Erik Per Sullivan, it is about a kid that has a lot of medical problems growing up and has to go to the hospital a lot (I can kinda relate to that). but when he has the chance to live his life to the fullest.