LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi & Transgender) MITM Fans

Wemboy

Hello all, I used to post on here a couple of years ago, but ain't been back for a while, no real reason why! Anyhow, this thread caught my eye:thumbup1:good one tjpeople!

Couple of things: Frankie Muniz was actually the first celebrity I had a "crush" on (back in the day), and I still think he's hot. Also, these forums were one of the first places I came out, maybe the first. Guess it's the whole anonymity or whatever.

All my friends and family know now though, and if anyone is worried about coming out and that, well I don't know anyone who had an issue with it so I wouldn't worry. And some of my mates are not exactly what you would call forward thinking, much as I love them! I wouldn't guess that there are more LGBT fans of MITM than other shows. Probably proportionally more LGBT fans watch MITM than Ross Kemp on Gangs, but less than Will and Grace:)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hello all, I used to post on here a couple of years ago, but ain't been back for a while, no real reason why! Anyhow, this thread caught my eye:thumbup1:good one tjpeople!

Couple of things: Frankie Muniz was actually the first celebrity I had a "crush" on (back in the day), and I still think he's hot. Also, these forums were one of the first places I came out, maybe the first. Guess it's the whole anonymity or whatever.

All my friends and family know now though, and if anyone is worried about coming out and that, well I don't know anyone who had an issue with it so I wouldn't worry. And some of my mates are not exactly what you would call forward thinking, much as I love them! I wouldn't guess that there are more LGBT fans of MITM than other shows. Probably proportionally more LGBT fans watch MITM than Ross Kemp on Gangs, but less than Will and Grace:)

Welcome back! Great to see you. I'm sure you have noticed quite a few changes since 2006.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Bisexual is fine, when I was young girls turned me on, well pretty much anything did.

You don't have to decide guys or girls. You'll meet someone you like, and then it doesn't matter.

Gouki

I'm gay, and happy in a long term relationship. I'm even engaged. I've been totally 'out' for two years, and said I was bi before that, because I really couldn't handle it at first with some of my other interests/turn-ons. I was afraid of what would happen to me even though i knew it was gay, it was easier to say I was bi, which still took me ages to tell people.

I'm ashamed I was so afraid, but then thats a huge problem with society when people feel like they can't be open.

Also, 100th post, woo!

Richiepiep

Administrator
I never even realized a threat like this existed, and I wouldn't have guessed from the title (Lifeguard Basic Training?, Low-Grade BitTorrent?, Laser-Guided BlueTooth?, Life's Good, Ban Taxes?) - yep, I know what it means now!

Yet I find this really interesting and I need some more time to digest all of this.

Rich

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I never even realized a threat like this existed, and I wouldn't have guessed from the title (Lifeguard Basic Training?, Low-Grade BitTorrent?, Laser-Guided BlueTooth?, Life's Good, Ban Taxes?) - yep, I know what it means now!

Yet I find this really interesting and I need some more time to digest all of this.

Rich

I'll adjust the title as not everybody understands LGBT.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I was only half joking, I've seen the term before, but not often enough so that it rings a bell, so thanks!

(being Dutch doesn't always help to identify all abbrevs)

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
I'm a lesbian. In fact I have a crush on Jane Kaczmarek. She is ultra gorgeous and she seems to be such a sweet person in real life based on what I have read about her and seen in interviews. She gives me butterflies.:wub: She is like the main reason why I even watch Malcolm In The Middle, but I do LOVE the rest of the people in the show and the show itself.

Hi Emily,

I guess the episode 'Army Buddy' must have felt very special then? ;) I didn't get the gist of it at first, but I guess the telltale signals were there all along!

I think you might like this signature picture (which you can attach to your posts), created especially for us by member Marcos Archer, which I have attached for convenience.

Rich

MITM_Fan

Oh, I'm kinda shocked by reading that tjpeople is gay, sorta makes me "ew", but it's fine it's people's choice. And in Emily not cuz she's lesbian but because she finds the character Louise attractive, ok she was on the early seasons but after she lost some prettyness.

Lparsons7981

Oh, I'm kinda shocked by reading that tjpeople is gay, sorta makes me "ew", but it's fine it's people's choice. And in Emily not cuz she's lesbian but because she finds the character Louise attractive, ok she was on the early seasons but after she lost some prettyness.

Live and let live, let her like what she wants. It doesn't bother anyone else.

I am gay as well, glad to know there are other people here able to talk about it :)

Gouki

Dear MITM_Fan

GTFO

kaythnxbai

Richiepiep

Administrator
Dear all and especially MITM_Fan,

I really didn't want to comment on this thread, because I felt that it wasn't the reason I like MITM (though it's fascinating why, if true, gays and lesbians should flock to a program that centers on a Joe Blow family, not Ellen or Will & Grace), and it has nothing to do with why I like or dislike people over here. Also, discussions can easily get nasty, which I frankly can do without, having seen more than enough of that on Internet forums.

Actually, I'm gay too, so there you are :). As I've said, it wasn't a topic I felt like discussing here and it's not a way I judge people. I never watched MITM because I have a crush on certain characters, I love Jane and Bryan (Lois being my favourite character, and Jane my favourite actress), I'm really in awe of the interplay between all characters and the way they're all like versatile, expressive, committed actors. If I had to choose one person out of MITM I could imagine falling for, it would be Justin, but that's not a thought I entertain a lot. If I'd had any children, I'd love to have had someone like Dewey, but I'm not obsessed with that notion.

As I'm a bit older I guess than most on here, my main crushes have been on Daniel Day-Lewis, Ewan McGregor, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Rufus Wainwright. Growing up, I adored Fred Savage throughout The Wonder Years, but not in a sexual manner. Looking back, I can't classify myself as something other than gay, since I first felt attracted to boys when I was about four, though obviously I didn't interpret it that way back then. But then again, I think some women and girls are very attractive. Why should I think or say otherwise? An attractive person is an attractive person. Period.

I'm in favour of gay marriage, not as marriage per se, but, as TJ has said, there should be some valid contract that acknowledges long-term relationships when dealing with inheritance, properties that are shared and children that may have been born to one or more of the partners, or have been adopted. You can't just take away everything from one partner when the other dies or has to move to a nursing home.

MITM_Fan, you made some great and worthwhile contributions to these boards, but please don't get so abrasive and don't jump to conclusions so easily. You should realize that being gay just means sexual orientation, not a one-size-fits-all classification, let alone qualification of people. You have conservative and progressive gays, those who love to marry or hate the institution, religious gays and agnostics or atheists, those who would die to have kids and others who dislike them, effeminate pansies who adore musicals (sorry for that cliché) and muscular gay bikers who are into sports and hard rock (sorry for that cliché too), but mostly everyday people with everyday concerns who can be just as genial or off-putting, but mostly somewhere in-between as ... everyday people are!

Let's all try to get along, shall we!?

As Joe Jackson (the singer) has sung:

Take your mind back - I don't know when
Sometime when it always seemed
To be just us and them
Girls that wore pink
And boys that wore blue
Boys that always grew up better men
Than me and you

What's a man now - what's a man mean
Is he rough or is he rugged
Is he cultural and clean
Now it's all change - it's got to change more
'Cause we think it's getting better
But nobody's really sure

And so it goes - go round again
But now and then we wonder who the real men are

See the nice boys - dancing in pairs
Golden earring golden tan
Blow-wave in the hair
Sure they're all straight - straight as a line
All the gays are macho
Can't you see their leather shine

You don't want to sound dumb - don't want to offend
So don't call me a faggot
Not unless you are a friend
Then if you're tall and handsome and strong
You can wear the uniform and I could play along

Time to get scared - time to change plan
Don't know how to treat a lady
Don't know how to be a man
Time to admit - what you call defeat
'Cause there's women running past you now
And you just drag your feet

Man makes a gun - man goes to war
Man can kill and man can drink
And man can take a whore
Kill all the blacks - kill all the reds
And if there's war between the sexes
Then there'll be no people left

Rich ;)

Last edited:

Emily1714

Hi Emily,

I guess the episode 'Army Buddy' must have felt very special then? ;) I didn't get the gist of it at first, but I guess the telltale signals were there all along!

I think you might like this signature picture (which you can attach to your posts), created especially for us by member Marcos Archer, which I have attached for convenience.

Rich

Hi Rich. Thanks for attaching that signature pic. It's awesome. :D

MITM_Fan

Gouki, you didn't need to be rude. I was just suprised about what the users here are, if when I said "ew" made you sad then sorry.