Malcolm in the Middle HD Episodes?

FTMalT

Sorry for bump guys! Is season 7 the only one that has been uploaded in HD so far? That's the only one I've come across when looking around, it's in 720p so I'm guessing it's the one that is mentioned a few posts above.

rivalxstorm

It's really unbelievable what quality some old series could have when you consider that they were filmed on film.

So far we have S07 in HD 16:9 (Englisch+French) and S01-S03 in 380p 16:9 (german DVD RIPs, but no english language). S04-S06 seem to be available in 380p 16:9 in France, but nobody has ripped that yet and many can't order something from France.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Aren't French subtitles available in text files from some sites? And at some point I realized, that my American Amazon account could be easily transferred, without changing my details, to their British, French and German branches.

This means I can now pick and choose from four online stores, wherever something is available, or at the best bargain.

The differences in prices can be enourmous, for instance a CD or DVD can be half or one third of the price in another country, because it's a rare import in one, and readily available in another.

Of course, there can be language issues to deal with, both when using the site, and when checking the DVD soundtrack options, but you can, in my experience, always use English to contact the customer service or associated vendors.

Rich

Widescreen

It's really unbelievable what quality some old series could have when you consider that they were filmed on film.

So far we have S07 in HD 16:9 (Englisch+French) and S01-S03 in 380p 16:9 (german DVD RIPs, but no english language). S04-S06 seem to be available in 380p 16:9 in France, but nobody has ripped that yet and many can't order something from France.

i have dvd rips for all eps English 720x480 16:9

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi,

I'm a little bit confused here. So, are you in Germany or France?

On Amazon.fr it says for the Malcolm DVDs:

Voulez-vous le recevoir en Allemagne (continentale)

And if you get it from associated sellers or resellers for second-hand items, you should look at the tag:

Tarifs d'expédition internationaux et nationaux

to see if they ship internationally.

Similarly, for the German site:

Lieferung nach Frankreich (Festland)

and for third party sellers:

Internationale und Inlandsversandkosten

So, I don't see a problem here, that is, if you can work out all these terms!

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
i have dvd rips for all eps English 720x480 16:9

Please support the companies who have invested a lot of effort, time and money into releasing the DVDs, if you can!

All of them are true devotees of cult series and niche products, and their attempts aren't exactly helped when people immediately start ripping the DVDs and sharing them for free.

In the case of the French DVDs, they were even ripped before their official release dates, which I believe is a shame. We know from our British, French and German partners how hard it is to even sell enough DVDs or Blu-rays to break even, let alone make enough money to work on new releases.

The more stuff is ripped and shared online for free, the less the original producers and international distributors will be inclined to put out high-quality releases with worthwhile extras, like dubbed dialogue, subtitles for the hearing-impaired and in other languages, commentary tracks, interviews and making ofs.

The format is largely irrelevant here. I know physical media like DVDs appear to be on the way out, but a fully restored official HD download with a number of audio and subtitle options also requires quite a lot of effort.

Best,

Rich

Widescreen

Please support the companies who have invested a lot of effort, time and money into releasing the DVDs, if you can!

All of them are true devotees of cult series and niche products, and their attempts aren't exactly helped when people immediately start ripping the DVDs and sharing them for free.

In the case of the French DVDs, they were even ripped before their official release dates, which I believe is a shame. We know from our British, French and German partners how hard it is to even sell enough DVDs or Blu-rays to break even, let alone make enough money to work on new releases.

The more stuff is ripped and shared online for free, the less the original producers and international distributors will be inclined to put out high-quality releases with worthwhile extras, like dubbed dialogue, subtitles for the hearing-impaired and in other languages, commentary tracks, interviews and making ofs.

The format is largely irrelevant here. I know physical media like DVDs appear to be on the way out, but a fully restored official HD download with a number of audio and subtitle options also requires quite a lot of effort.

Best,

Rich

i have seasons 2-5 on dvd i brought them box set but some of season 1 and 6/7 were scratched bad still worked tho so i downloaded them as backups in case the dvds stop working

Richiepiep

Administrator
i have seasons 2-5 on dvd i brought them box set but some of season 1 and 6/7 were scratched bad still worked tho so i downloaded them as backups in case the dvds stop working

OK, that's why I said "please" and "if you can".

Actually, I downloaded all of Malcolm in the Middle myself years ago, because there wasn't any channel in the Netherlands or Great Britain (that I could get on cable) which showed all seasons. Later, when they appeared in syndication on networks like Comedy Central, programming was extremely erratic. Airtimes would be changed at will, and episodes could be shown in the wrong order. That's why I didn't have any reservations about it. But I did get the American S1 DVD set when it came out, and ordered the British DVD set as soon as it was announced.

I just wanted to point out what the mentality of "all media should be freely available" can lead to, also because we have commercial associates who read and use this site. This doesn't mean we're not independent. We are, but, while we as staff can be quite critical of commercial distributors, we do appreciate their efforts.

And we always keep in mind that, somehow, somewhere down the line, people need to get paid to ensure we get high-quality products we can all enjoy.

Rich

Widescreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS0jNP_ldks

So Malcolm in the Middle HD is coming to Comedy Central UK. Would it be possible for someone to record all the eps in HD, still longing for a Malcolm HD Collection!

hope there real hd and not upscaled

my internet speed would not be fast enough but i can get an iptv streaming link for comedy central uk HD that will be the same format and quality as broadcast in the uk if anybody likes and can rec the eps

Widescreen

Sadly I don't believe it's that easy to rip content from netflix at full quality. At least I can't find a simple option.

there is a way to download them and save in the same quality but you have to have the video playing while its download so each ep would take like 21mins to download

rivalxstorm

Sadly I don't believe it's that easy to rip content from netflix at full quality. At least I can't find a simple option.

It's not easy, but the TVS group is starting this project. S01E01 is already up both in 720p and in 1080p. Rest of the episodes will be done later.

rivalxstorm

I won't give you a link, but the release name is Malcolm.Mittendrin.S01E01.Malcolm.der.Held.German.DD20.Dubbed.DL.1080p.NetflixHD.x264-TVS. :cool:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I won't give you a link, but the release name is Malcolm.Mittendrin.S01E01.Malcolm.der.Held.German.DD20.Dubbed.DL.1080p.NetflixHD.x264-TVS. :cool:

Thanks! It's great to see a group getting onto it, but its seems like TVS are a german group focusing on the dubbed version, so we still need somebody to pick up the english version.

I'm not sure on the audio quality of netflix? If the audio is not improved over DVD then I guess it would be possible to combine them - however that is a lot of effort.

Widescreen

Thanks! It's great to see a group getting onto it, but its seems like TVS are a german group focusing on the dubbed version, so we still need somebody to pick up the english version.

I'm not sure on the audio quality of netflix? If the audio is not improved over DVD then I guess it would be possible to combine them - however that is a lot of effort.

it has an English audio track too 5.1 ac3 640

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?6925-Malcolm-In-The-Middle-S01E01-1080p

i just removed the German audio track

Last edited: