Absolute worst movie ever released!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I don't know why I want to know:D but...what does everyone think the worst movie ever made is. Please post your thoughts.
I personally think the worst movie on earth is....well....it's a tie between two aweful movies.

1)Waterworld- The Kevin Costner box office bomb. This movie had a huge budget but made very, very, very, little at the box office. The movie is so incredibly boring it's kinda sad.

2)Manos:Hands of Fate- The other worst movie ever. This movie was made in 1968 by a fertilizer salesman who had a budget of(get ready!) $16,000! Still, I could crap something better than this debacle. Some of you may have seen this on "Mystery Science Theater:3000"(a awesome show, by the way). If you wonder what the movie is about, go to the IMDB and check on it(it is currently listed on there as the worst movie ever.)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You sure have a lot of hate threads. Is there anything you like? :D

Personally, I hated the movie Solaris and it's become the precedent by which all movies are now rated to be good or bad.

vinnymonster

The Worst movie ever? A movie so bad even Ed Wood would have denied all involvement?

Thats easy, Dungeons and Dragons! crummiest fantasy movie ever!

A No Star Cast and a plot that had more holes in it that a trawler's nets.
Oh yeah, and CGI dragons that were so bad they looked like plastic models without paint!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Drumline. Period. End-of-Story. No band has that many field percussionists, they wern't marching in step, their lines were HORRIBLE, and since in Marching Band, no one gets "sidelined" unless they are injured so bad you can't walk (personal experience, the only way you get to rest at a practice, unless they give us a short water break, is if you collapse on the field. So many Child-labor laws are broken evry day...) Unlike any other sport, everyone participates, no "bench warmers" no "second liners" just everyone participates, all the time. AND I don't see how a "snare off" can decide who wins a competition, especially since you are judged to the 100th place. (ie: 94.65) Actually, that is possible, two bands tied for 12th place at the championships last year...

Sorry about the rant about band...

Wemboy

Well i've seen a lot of terrible films on tv, but i don't really think you can neccessarily count them, because we'd be here all day. So i think the worst film that i've actually seen at the cinema, would have to be AI. It's ok for the first hour, but it just drags and drags, and the ending is so obviouly tacked on by Spielberg; it's just an awful film. Also The Phantom Menace, which would have been bad enough without JarJar Binks but with him...well i could go on but i have no real way of expressing my hatred for this character with swearing a lot.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Personally, I despised the Matrix sequels, but I don't know if they could be considered the worst movies ever because so many people liked them. I love the original Matrix, I have the DVD, but the sequels were horrible in my opinion. They were long, boring and confusing with very little plot. The third one (the part that I saw, I finally got bored and turned it off) was nothing but a lot fighting and explosions. That kind of action is fine for a while, but it gets old.

simon_4420

I've seen some spetacular crap films over the years, far to many to name. I personally thought that the Scream films where pretty bad, and since seeing Scary movie 1,2 & 3 (which weren't great) I can't take Scream seriously anymore, I just laugh out load when ever anyone gets killed, expecting then to say something funny as they are being killed. But if I had to name a worst film ever it would probably have to be Ginger Snaps! Me and a friend rented it out and thought that it would be really scary, which it kind of was, but the film sucked so much! It was a total waste of money renting it. I could of brought so much more for £3.75! lol

D

Deleted member 1693

Drumline. Period. End-of-Story. No band has that many field percussionists, they wern't marching in step, their lines were HORRIBLE, and since in Marching Band, no one gets "sidelined" unless they are injured so bad you can't walk (personal experience, the only way you get to rest at a practice, unless they give us a short water break, is if you collapse on the field. So many Child-labor laws are broken evry day...) Unlike any other sport, everyone participates, no "bench warmers" no "second liners" just everyone participates, all the time. AND I don't see how a "snare off" can decide who wins a competition, especially since you are judged to the 100th place. (ie: 94.65) Actually, that is possible, two bands tied for 12th place at the championships last year...

Sorry about the rant about band...

I am laughing my head off right now.

On this one cruise to Mexico, the only two movies they showed in the boat were Anastasia and Drumline. I ended up watching it upwards of five times.

You bring up ridiculously bad memories.

Nico21

This thread reminds me a movie I saw a few months ago with some friends, and I really thought it was the worst movie ever. It is called 'the bone snatcher', it is supposed to be a suspense and adventures movie... but we couldn't stop laughing while watching !

Basically the story happens in the desert, the background is only sand during 90% of the movie, and we only see 4 or 5 characters and 2 old trucks in 1 hour and a half. These characters have to fight killing ants (lol) which hide in the desert and eat people's flesh to survive. But these ants can move the bodies to scare people first...
The special effects of these ants moving bodies are made using a red filter on the camera (budget=$2, approximately), and when something interesting happens it is just told by the characters, we don't see it on screen (wow, they filled the ants cave with concrete, that's cool to hear...).
The french dubbing of the dialogs is also full of contradictions.I wonder if the original dialogs are better, but this was really funny.

With my friends we tried to guess the budget of such a movie, and we agreed on about $700: $100 for fullfiling the trucks gas tanks, $100 by actor (unknown), and the rest for the crew (about 2 persons in my opinion)...
Anyways I've seen boring movies, but this one is definately the winner ! I'm still laughing thinking about it !

D

Deleted member 1693

Sometimes bad movies are the most entertaining.

The main point of a movie is to SHOW a story. Lol.

Nico21

Sometimes bad movies are the most entertaining..
I totally agree! Even if this 'bone snatcher' is for me one of the worst movies ever, I advised some other friends to see it! Not because I don't like them:tongue: , but just because it is sooo bad and stupid that it becomes really funny to watch! I don't know who's the director of this movie, but he totally missed his goal!

I think the worst movie I've ever seen is "A Series Of Unfortunate Events". The whole movie was based on the first three books (the movie is based on a book series) and it was so horrible. Jim Carry did a poor job as the bad guy. He was too comical and the bad guy is suppose to be sinister.

D

Deleted member 1693

Oh, I remember seeing that one.

The whole cast was poorly chosen. It does no justice to the books.