Favourite chill-out songs
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite chill-out songs

Default Favourite Music "of the moment"

I know this kind of question comes up, whats your favourite band etc. But those things always change, I used to like songs by Queit Riot and Nickelback but now they just irritate me!

Currently I enjoy listening to "Going Underground" by "The Jam" and "Baba O'Riley" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" by "The Who"

What are your current favourite bands and songs.

Default Re: Favourite Music "of the moment"

I like Green day ans Simple Plan. Also, since I am a christian I enjoy listening to worship songs and christian bands such as Switchfoot and Relient K.

I'm currently getting into my UK hip-hop/grime, as a chance to listen to something new. Acts like Kano, Dizzee Rascal, The Streets, Roll Deep, and the "Run the Road" compilation cds. It's the kind of stuff you can hear on Channel U if you have sky (which i don't). Also, on completely the opposite end of the scale, i've been listening to a bit of vintage Rolling Stones. I did this because the new White Stripes song (Doorbell) is heavily influenced by them in my opinion; so may as well listen to the original, as opposed to an immitation version.
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by packer-backer
    I like Green day ans Simple Plan.
    Simple Plan is one of my favorite artists. Green Day are good, and I also like the Black Eyed Peas.

My latest favorite songs are Voodoo Child by Rogue Traders and Don't Cha by the Pussycat Dolls.

I dont like a specific genre really. I just like a song, when it comes out. But one of my favourite bands are mcfly,a british band (I bet all those members who like rock or r&b are going to hate me now!), i went to see them last night in manchester.
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

Dont Cha is one of the worst songs ever, but we all can have our own opinions. A couple of my favorite songs from bands I didnt mention are, Sugar were going down by fall out boy, Ohio (come back to Texas) by Bowling for soup and Beverly Hills by Weezer.
    "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, make wise the simple." (psalm 19:7)
    Bible verse

"I only hate some people, the rest I tolerate." - mr. Barone.

Hmmm..... tough choice.... well, not really.

My favorite musician would be Key Poulan, he writes our MARCHING BAND MUSIC!

My favorite band, MINE, the Absegami Marching Braves(I guess The Cadets would be a close second)!

And the reason I'm so happy is because.............................We just won 1st place in our first compition. 82/100. We smoked the other by 5 points! To put that into comparison, normally Marching compitions are won by tenths of a point.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

Cool! Congratulations! You must be really good!
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

Default Favourite chill-out songs

What I wanted to ask everyone is, What are you favourite chill out songs? What song/s do you put on when you want to relax, I have quite afew ...But

These are my personal favourites:

Rescue Blues - Ryan Adams
    Superman - Five For Fighting
    Easy Tonight -Five For Fighting
    100 Years - Five For Fighting
    The Beautiful - Five For Fighting
    Road to Chicago - Thomas Newman
    You're Beautiful - James Blunt

(If you haven't heard any of Five For Fighting check out their Website, they have previews playing in the background)

I love anything by Thomas Newman. He has composed lots of soundtracks for films like "Road to Perdition" , "Shawshank Redempton" and "Cider House Rules" and many more. They are great songs to really chill out to. Often at night when I'm busy doing my homework and I need to think, and don't want anything heavy to listen, I'll be listen to something by Thomas Newman.

P.s. If there is a speacial reason you like the song/s and you fell like telling then please do .

Default Re: Favourite chill-out songs

You're a Five for Fighting fan, huh? I've heard some crazy things about James Blunt. Apparently he's pretty well known in England, but not exactly for the right reasons...

Anyway, it kind of depends on the time of day for me. During the evening, I just listen to the radio because I rather like the DJ who's on. Otherwise or if I'm sick of the commercials, I just turn on my playlist. I've got a few hundred songs from over the last five or ten years. Sometimes I hear a song on that that I haven't heard in years, and that's kind of fun. For example, I just happened to hear Echo by Trapt a couple days ago. A few years ago, that was like my favorite song, so when that happens sometimes you reminisce about what you did the first time you heard the song.