Farewell to the Cast and Crew of MITM Discussion - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to the Cast and Crew of MITM Discussion

Default Re: Farewell to the Cast and Crew of Malcolm in the Middle

If we are doing a card, consider this your first entry.

It’s been nice to have the pleasure to have you guys in our homes for these 6 years. I’d expect an extra season, but c’est la vie. I’d like to give a special shout out to each cast member. To you, Jane, for making Lois such a bad-ass hard-ass; to you, Bryan, for not just creating a silly, yet caring father, but directing great episodes of this series; to you Chris, for turning a bad troublemaker into a man more responsible than we expected; to you, Justin, for bunching a neat bully, a GD jackass, and a caring soul into one package; to you, Erik, for taking Dewey from the curiosities of childhood into the wonders of manipulation (!) and girls; to you, Frankie, for making Malcolm the on-camera driving force, talking to us, making us feel like your best friend; to the entire crew for creating these situations and covering them with a certain level of tolerance and comedy; and especially, to Linwood Boomer, without whom, we wouldn’t have enjoyed these last seven seasons. I hope you will achieve in your future endeavors. I’m sure the entire team at the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community will join me in saying, thanks for 7 glorious seasons of humor, dysfunction, and pure entertainment. God be with you all.

Kindest regards, Mike P. (reese35
    Orlando, FL, USA

P.S. News Corp, if you’re reading this, the minute Malcolm gets on FX, I want it all uncut! You hear me? Un-flipping-cut!

I know neither FX nor News Corp will read this, but I just wanna make myself heard.

Nice, Mike!

I have an idea. Since people are probably going to write their messages a little longer than they were on Justin's card, how about making it a booklet rathar than a card? We could take several pieces of poster board and cut them in pieces (about the size of a standard photo album) and make each piece a separate page. It could be the MITM memory album compiled by members of the MITMVC.

On the front we would have a nice design, then on the inside we would include all of our sigs/messages. In addition, we could put some of our favorite memories from MITM. These would be things like a few favorite quote and pictures from each season (like 1 quote and pic per page, then put people's sigs/messages around them--think in terms of a scrapbook.) Everyone could submit some of their fav quotes/pic, then we could vote on which ones to actually include. We might also want to include artwork from members of the forum to decorate the pages--maybe forum sigs people have made themselves (or some other type of MITM related artword that members made) since we have so many creative people here.

By making it a booklet, we could use as many pages as we need to fit all this stuff in, then just bind them together in some way. That doesn't mean that people should write 3-4 page messages--I'm not paying to ship a novel! But something like what Mike wrote (No more than a paragraph--depending on the size of your writing.) What do you all think?

Well, if we’re gonna do a booklet, allow me to submit a possible cover.

That's a very good idea Christina. Allow me to put in my two pence: what if we made it 8.5 x 11 rather than photo album size? Then you could put it together in Word or Publisher or something, and just print it out on normal size paper and it put it in a normal manilla envelope. And when I say "you," I mean you because you're shipping it this time, right?

We could let people decorate their own pages, since people here are so artsy.

@Mike I still like your checkerboard better because that has pictures of when the boys were young'uns all the way up to right this year. That was, what, a season 2 pic? And it doesn't even include Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    That doesn't mean that people should write 3-4 page messages--I'm not paying to ship a novel!
    Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    And when I say "you," I mean you because you're shipping it this time, right?
    Not paying attention again, Sam. And yes, I just quoted myself.

That's a good idea too. It would certainly be a lot easier and probably less costly to ship. We could just let everybody submit 1 standard sized sheet of paper and they could put whatever they want on it. Then I'll put them all together and ship them. Probably the easiest way, but it wouldn't be as flashy. It doesn't matter to me so lets see what everybody else has to say.

@Mike--I like the one in the news and announcements section the best (the last one with the season one photos.) I think that one would make a good cover. Are you missing one of the seasons though? There's only 6 rows.

OK. I'll make the checkerboard cover bigger, add the 'childhood stopping point' byline and eliminate my name.

Okay, I've got it now! We'll let everyone create their own page--1 page per person. They can put whatever they want on it (within good judgement, of course.) People who don't want to create an entire page can just submit their sig (or whatever) and I'll put those on page(s) together. Then I'll glue the pages to pieces of posterboard (maybe a few different colors for variety) that are cut slightly larger than the printed pages to give it the appearance that each page has a frame around it. This will also make it sturdier and more book-like, rather than just having flimsy sheets of paper bound together. How does that sound? If you all like this idea, I will start a thread tomorrow with all the details and specifics so people can start working on and uploading their pages/sigs ASAP.

We need to decide on a date to send this. If they will only be there for six more weeks or so, I guess around mid-February?

@Mike--I think it would make a nice cover, but it's a little premature to say that we're definetly going to use it just yet since this thread was only started today. To be fair to everyone, we're going to wait to see if anyone else comes up with designs before making the final decision.
    Also, I'm not sure about the byline "Is this where childhood ends, or did we pass that long ago?" I like the reference to Malcolm's line in the pilot, but then again, to me it almost sounds like we're saying the show should've ended a couple years ago (I know that's not what you meant though.) Maybe just say "This is the point where childhood ends." instead? Just a suggestion.

I'm just warning you, I'm not very good with artsy-crafty stuff. I can march a stright line, curve a line, and pinwheel, but I can't glue and color.

Ha! I bet you can't explain 'pinwheel' to me. It's a mystery...

Ok, I've stopped gloating to finish this post. But I'll try art and crafts.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

@Wildcat I'm glad you're so on top of everything. You make it all perfect--from now on you should be the mod in charge of all contests, events, and publicity.

Sorry, I get all excited when it comes to artsy/craftsy projects. So shall I make a new thread with all the info about what we're doing, or wait to see if anyone else comes up with something better? We should decide on a tentative date to send so people know how much time they have.