Official Competition: Forum Moderator Signatures

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I've realized that you all have excellent signatures, and it seems we have quite a few people here who are, uh, artistically inclined. I'm not one of them. :D In fact, it seems that with the exception of Wildcat, none of the moderation staff is as talented in a photo-editing application as you all are.

That said, our newest official competition at the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community stresses your creativity. Your task is to create a moderator signature. The signature should include the word "Moderator" (you may submit variations for general members or one for David with Administrator, if you choose). It should also make some reference or identification of the MITMVC. Other than that, the contest really is all about your own creativity. This is your chance to let your creative juices run wild.

Since this is an official competition, we will give out official prizes. In this case, rep points. (oh, and the pride that the highest-ranking people on the forums are using your artwork. :D) David, myself, Justin, and Christina will vote on one winning design. Additionally, each of us will choose one runner-up design that we like the best (assuming this contest garners enough entries). That means that five entries will win.

Some rules and regulations to keep in mind:
If you submit variations of the same design (e.g. moderator/administrator/member version) it still counts as just one entry, and if you win, all three will be considered the "one" winning entry.
You may submit as many entries as you please.
Entries must meet the upload requirements for these forums. They should not require scrolling on an 800x600 resolution display. (in other words, maximum 600 pixels wide.)
The tentative deadline for this competition is February 12, 2006, one month from now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You may submit your entries in this thread. Good luck!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
yardgames said:
800x600 resolution display.
you and your small screen! :D

I may try that out, but i hope it wont fall apart after the last time i was asked to make a banner (member of the month/week) that never happened!

Edit: btw like my new signiture version?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah it doesn't require me to scroll. :D

I actually have a high resolution LCD monitor, but I like to keep my programs opened as windows rather than full-screen, and I keep them open at 800x600 windows and I swear to god your signature is the only place I've ever had a problem with that. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Certainly, I would like to know which software you guys use for this stuff.

Yes, Mike, a forum sig, not a card sig. :D Like your pic of "Berfy."

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, that is a unique idea. :D But that means I have to look at myself all the time. :) I do like it though.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Cool idea Sam! I agree, the forum has absolutely exploded with interesting sigs! It seems everyone has gotten really creative in the last few days! I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. BTW, I swear by photoshop. It's awesome! :)

@TheBlindDevil--Nice idea! Very creative and well done! I'm like Sam though, I don't know about looking at myself every time I post. :D Too bad Davey Boy didn't upload his pic, you could have put him on there too.

samboo1

Yeah i have just got Corel Paint shop, and i think ill have a try on this as soon as i get the hang of it more :D

@BlindDevil- Nice idea! :)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Dang, I like that guy in the uniform! It's a shame you don't get to see the "magic" white pants, the honor braid on my sholder, the trumpet, the bucket hat and plume, or the yellow sash.... School photo coming soon though... :D

So far, that one wins in my book. :D (Because it was the only one posted, duh! Not because I like looking at myself and my trumpet, and my uniform, and my hat, and.....)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I just received permission from David that the grand prize winner can also receive a @malcolminthemiddle.co.uk email forwarder, so that's exciting. :)

A quick overview/wrap for those of you who are confused: -Your job is to submit a forum moderator signature that in some way represents the Voting Community.

-There will be five winners: one grand prize winner, voted on by the entire administration team, which will receive 500 rep points and the @malcolminthemiddle.co.uk email forwarder.

Furthermore, the winning submission will be used as my forum signature (and perhaps J, Wildcat, and David if it's that good :D). The other four winners will be picked directly by each member of the moderation team. Those winners will receive 250 rep points and their sig will be used by the moderator who chooses it. -You may submit as many designs as you want, but they must be able to be uploaded to the forum.

-Your design should both represent the Voting Community and make clear it is a moderator signature (although you may submit a variation for Administrator and general members, if you wish.) Vincent's is an excellent creative example of what we're looking for.

Good luck!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Sorry, but what's an email forwarder? Would that be an email address with malcolminthemiddle.co.uk as the domain?

admin

Retired Administrator
Its simply an email address that forwards to another one, it doesn't have its own account.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That is creative, Samboo. Very nice. I really thought Vincent's was creative, but I'll be honest: I would prefer to see Frankie rather than myself every time I make a post. :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hey david, dont i have a @malcolminthemiddle.co.uk address allready, u set one up for me ages ago, is it still working? be nice if it is ;)

I think most emails programs allow you to set a different 'reply' email adress.