Otto is Hitler's brother!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I was looking around the internet earlier and stumbled upon Hitler's family tree. I looked at the bottom and sure enough, Otto's name was there! I started thinking: Otto's a little old(old enough to be Hitler's brother,) he's German, he has enourmous German pride....make your own conclusion!(was this a joke on part of the MITM writers?) :confused:
Hitanc5.JPG

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Are you kiddin' me? Do you seriously think that there was only one guy ever in Germany called Otto? Otto is just a totally typical German name, and this fact supports the stereotypical presentation of Otto and Grete. That has nothing to do with hitler. And that he has German pride doesn't matter at all.
But, okay, he's German, he surely has something to do with Hitler, I understand :rolleyes:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
If i was german i think id be pretty anoyed about people allways associating germany with hitler. i feel 4 u dabney. :)

admin

Retired Administrator
Dabney said:
Are you kiddin' me? Do you seriously think that there was only one guy ever in Germany called Otto? Otto is just a totally typical German name, and this fact supports the stereotypical presentation of Otto and Grete. That has nothing to do with hitler. And that he has German pride doesn't matter at all.
But, okay, he's German, he surely has something to do with Hitler, I understand :rolleyes:

I kind of have to side with Dabney here, its like suggesting Ida is also related to Hitler since they are on the same diagram, and that George Bush is related to George Washington cos they share the same first name :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
tjpeople said:
If i was german i think id be pretty anoyed about people allways associating germany with hitler.

This was worse when i went to france, though :D

But thanks for your compassion (also to admin)

simon_4420

One slight problem with your theory. Otto Hitler died the same year as he was born according to that family tree (if i read it right).

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
simon_4420 said:
One slight problem with your theory. Otto Hitler died the same year as he was born according to that family tree (if i read it right).

Good observation Simon. You're right. Otto Hitler died as a baby.

I don't think the writers used the name Otto or Ida as any kind of reference to Hitler's siblings. Those are just common names in that part of the world and it's a coincidence. Although, I can see where Ida could possibly be related to him. :D

simon_4420

I think that Ida is closer to being related to Stalin, since she is from Russia or some former country of the Soviet Union :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I think it is all a big joke on behalf of the MITM writters! Two characters of the show are Otto and Ida, and Hitler coincidentaly had a bro and sis named Otto and Ida! I think one of the writers knew this and decided to write it in.
And if you ask me, Ida is very much like Hitler.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I think what Tony means (please correct me if I"m wrong) Is that Ida is not a very nice person and she likes to boss people around. I can sort of see that as well.

I still don't think there's a correlation between the the writer's choice of names and Hitler's family though. However, I could be wrong. Only the writers know for sure.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Wildcat is right on what he said(she is not nice and bosses people around) but Ida is also a racist against anyone other than white people(remember when Hal's black friends scared her off?) Hitler was the exact same way.
Also, I DO believe the MITM writters knew this info when they chose Ida's name and Otto's name. It's just to similar.

simon_4420

Sorry Tony have to disagree with you. I seriously doubt for one moment that the writers used Hitlers family tree for characters names, as it would be rather in-senseless of them.
(also Ida isn't German in MITM, so wouldn't really make much sense):confused:

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im not saying that they deliberatly looked at Hitler's family tree for names. I personally think that one of the writers maybe had alot of knowledge of Hitler and his family(maybe studied him in collage) and thought it would be funny to name a couple of characters after them, like Otto(who is German and such) and Ida(who is a total asswipe and racist, like Hitler). Thats just my opinion, though. To end the whole question, one of the mods should send a letter or email or something to the writers and ask them wether they got the names from Hitler's family. It would be funny if they say yes.

ajpp16

i dont think they mean to be like hitler....mayb theyre just coincidences. im not sure but i would have thought otto would be quite a common german name or htey thought of their ranch name (the grotto) and were tryin to find german names that went together to make that hence otto and gretchen (sp?)

Status
Not open for further replies.