Submit Your Signature to Wish Justin Berfield a Happy Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
So many questions....which to answer first??

Did you make images for the front of the card? LOL it's 14 pages long; I don't remember. :D That's fine, we can use that then. And actually, I thought of the envelope situation driving home today. :D I don't know what I'll put it in yet. Maybe a big flat box or something. We'll see. And I can put whatever you want on the envelope as well.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Man Sam, you really are stressed form studying aren't you? :D It's the image in the very first post (that you made) in this thread. Originally we were going to put it on the inside, but that was when were were buying a premade card. So since you're making the card now, I guess you could put it on the front and put all the sigs inside with some kind of nice verse (unless someone has a better idea?) Then we were going to put the MITMVC logo on the envelope. Speaking of the envelope, we discussed that we probably shouldn't use a box because celebs might be hesitant to open something in a box, remember? They probably have large envelopes at the post office (the kind with the bubble stuff inside of them.) I'm not trying to tell you what to do; I'm just refreshing your memory on all this stuff. :D

I'll make it easy for you. :D Here's everything that's ready to print so far. I just need two more sigs and the 2nd sig page will be ready too.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Thank you Christina. LOL yes I'm a bit stressed. MITM and the Voting Community has been my safety valve. There's the best sandwich shop just a few blocks from school--I mean the best--so I'm going there on Thursday next week. We get released early for the day in time for lunch and we don't have school the following Friday, so I'm just working towards that sandwich after all the damn tests are done. :D

I'm not sending it through USPS, but I'll see if they have envelopes at the shipping place; otherwise, I'll see what they recommend for something of that shape. :)

Should I send it to Justin's fan mail address or should I send it to the Malcolm in the Middle set?

Oh, and your forum sig has disappeared.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I think probably the MITM set would be better than his fan mail. Probably more of a chance of being seen. What does everybody else think?

I know you'll be glad when finals are over. Don't get too stressed out from studying. You'll do well, I'm sure. After all, you're a genius, aren't you? ;) Is my sig showing an X or something? I can still see it. :confused:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
yardgames said:
and of course I'm a genius. :D

That's news to me. :D

I think you should stick the MITMVC logo to the package (or whatever it is) to get noticed, and the actual Happy B-day message to the outside cover, and then the sigs with some forum statistics. Like: "as of *date*: 12,004 posts, 859 threads, 1,096 members." and then the site url again.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah, as a genius, like Malcolm says, "you have twice as much homework as everyone else and you have to take all these college prep classes..." :D Anyway, we can do Justin's idea, if you like. In my opinion, some sort of cheesy verse would be better than forum statistics, but what do you all think?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I think the verse would be nice too. I think Justin would probably find it more interesting. You could possibly fit the statistics on there somewhere too if there's room. All right, I know there's gotta be someone here who's good with poetry--get busy on that verse! ;)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Seriously, Christina, you're on here like 24/7; don't you have anything more worthwhile to do? :D Someone just go to Hallmark since apparently they're so widespread in places other than Green bay and find a nice verse on one of the cards; I can find a cool font and print it on our card.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
What are you talking about? I'm on here for like 5 mins. in the morning because I like to drink my coffee at the computer. Then, I'm here on and off in the afternoon/evening depending on my schedule for that day and what else I have to do. Oh and sometimes late at night when I can't sleep (which is more often than not.) On the weekends, it just depends on my plans and the amount of work I have to do--since you're keeping tabs on me. ;) I could say the same thing about you just because it seems like we happen to be on here at the same time a lot. :D

I'll take a look at some verses if go anywhere that sells cards this weekend. Not sure that I will, so everyone else keep it in mind too.

theblinddevil

Wildcat said:
......I'll make it easy for you. :D Here's everything that's ready to print so far. I just need two more sigs and the 2nd sig page will be ready too.
I will try and get mine uploaded today. The sofware to upload images from my dads camera isn't installed and i'm not sure where it is. If i cant do that i will have to scan it and hope for good quality. I hope i get it uploaded in time.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
My guess is scanning would produce better quality from something like this anyhow, unless you have a real crappy scanner. :D If you have Windows XP, it recognizes most digital cameras if you just plug it in; if not, just go to your manufacturer's web site and you can probably find them there.

theblinddevil

yardgames said:
My guess is scanning would produce better quality from something like this anyhow, unless you have a real crappy scanner. :D If you have Windows XP, it recognizes most digital cameras if you just plug it in; if not, just go to your manufacturer's web site and you can probably find them there.

It recognized my camera and tried to get me to download an update which was unexistant. But anyway, i scanned it and i am amazed. I scanned something before and i could barely read what it scanned. This time, besides the first two attempts where it scanned it without turning the bulb on, it worked and came out pretty well. Sorry it is so late, just glad i could get it in before you send it. Sorry, my writing is pretty bad and it is a huge image but it's the best i could do. Hope it's ok :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Approved.

It will work, Wildcat can resize it if she has to, and believe me, your handwriting isn't worse then mine, or Sam's. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Looks good Vincent. (hah, I remembered your name! :D)

That's OK that it's big because I'm actually gonna make Christina do some more work and ask her if she can make the sigs bigger. Like 2 or 3 per page. Otherwise they're going to show up miniscule. The posterboard I got for the cards is HUGE.

Still trying to think of envelope ideas and verse ideas too, if anyone's feeling bright.

reese35

OK, now this is crucial. If you have a positive rep, steady post count, and want to wish ol' Berfy the best for his next 20 years but haven't, use the next almost 48 hours wisely. As YG clearly pointed out,
January 16 is now the permanent, for-sure, absolutely, gonna-happen, no exceptions deadline.

So get those sigs in, people!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Thanks, Mike.

The card looks like this: The happy 20th Birthday Justin picture on the cover, some sentiment inside, surrounded by all your signatures.

Here are your choices for sentiments: Vote for the one you like or tell us your own:

(1) On your birthday, the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community wishes you magic moments, loving memories, and all the happiness your heart can hold. Have a very special day.

(2) The Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community sends this greeting with one wish for you in mind: a day that's twice as nice as all the ones you've left behind. And whatever it will take to make a happy wish come true is truly everything we've ever wished for for you. Happy Birthday!

(3) The Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community wishes you a wonderful birthday and hopes all your dreams come true.

(4) A special birthday is headed your way, so here's to hoping you find happiness today and every day. Happy Birthday from the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community!

(5) Justin: You always make us laugh--every day of the year. The Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community wishes you lots of happiness on your special day and always.

samboo1

yardgames said:
Thanks, Mike.

The card looks like this: The happy 20th Birthday Justin picture on the cover, some sentiment inside, surrounded by all your signatures.

Here are your choices for sentiments: Vote for the one you like or tell us your own:

(1) On your birthday, the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community wishes you magic moments, loving memories, and all the happiness your heart can hold. Have a very special day.

(2) The Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community sends this greeting with one wish for you in mind: a day that's twice as nice as all the ones you've left behind. And whatever it will take to make a happy wish come true is truly everything we've ever wished for for you. Happy Birthday!

(3) The Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community wishes you a wonderful birthday and hopes all your dreams come true.

(4) A special birthday is headed your way, so here's to hoping you find happiness today and every day. Happy Birthday from the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community!

(5) Justin: You always make us laugh--every day of the year. The Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community wishes you lots of happiness on your special day and always.
Erm let me pick...
#1- Too cheesy. :)
#2- That's nice, it rhymes!:cool:
#3- Yeah, sweet and simple.
#4- My fav so far...
#5- There's something that puts me off that one..the 'you always make you laugh--every day of the year' ...

Im going for #4.:D

purple

HERE IS MY SIG. iT TOOK ME 5 ATTEMPTS COZ ALL OF THEM EXCEEDED THE LIMIT OF 194 KB.
ANYWAY IT'S HERE NOW. IT'S A BIT BORING THO.

Status
Not open for further replies.