Journals Info

Dewey

Minimalistic
Re: Journals - No Motorcycles

Hey Admin, I'm up for that too.
I'd love to write on behalf of Dewey. It would be my pleasure!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Re: Dewey's Diary - No Motorcycles

FRANCIS'S JOURNAL FOR LOIS BATTLES JAMIE

I went home for a few days because Mom needed my help. She wanted me to think back to my earliest memories. My childhood was a nightmare. I have spent the rest of my life trying to board up that haunted house. But Mom told me I was the only one who could help her, so I had to do it. I remember we had an apartment, and it was really colourful. Mom was trying to feed me and I was refusing everything she offered. Dad came into the room freaking out because I’d broken his favourite record album and used his new razor to shave a hole in the carpet. He told Mom that what I needed was “a little discipline”. Then he left the room, and Mom gave me a Hershey bar. I had a vague feeling of Mom actually being a good mother! But how can that be, she has NEVER been a good mother! I pleaded Mom to let me stop. I didn’t want to do this to myself. They’d already made me sit there for five hours, without even telling me why I was doing this. So I had to carry on. I kind of remember the Frisbee game we used to play. I threw my lunch, bowl and all, at Mom. She ducked, and I watched the food splash like paint all over the wall and the glass bowl smash into tiny pieces on the floor. Then Dad came in freaking out again, this time because I’d broken his camera. Toys are made for breaking. Well, their toys are, anyway. While they weren’t looking, I escaped from my highchair and went to my room to get my favourite teddy bear, and we had a lighter-fluid tea party in the living room. I found the matches and tried to light a fire, just like she and Dad do when they drink hot chocolate in the evenings. When Mom found out, she lit the big fireplace and threw my teddy into it. It burned to ashes. Then she told me she loved me! She’s such a liar. It brought me to tears just thinking about that horrible moment. Mom didn’t care. She was happy that she’d finally figured out who she was. So that’s what this was all about. So she could finally figure out that she is the most horrible mother in the universe!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

david you can really do those flash files well and really quick too. especially the details of the sticky tape on reese one :) I would love to get envolved in some way in this journal side of things but im really not interested in writing (cause i cant really) but if there are otherways just give me a shout :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Hey, since is one popular thread! Since I've been here last, a lot has changed. If I haven't said it looks great to you already, it looks great. And I can use that collectively, because everything is absolutely fantastic.

I will continue to write from Malcolm's POV and I look forward to seeing more Reese, Francis, and Dewey entries, as well. And welcome to your spot J.

admin

Retired Administrator

Its good to see everythings kicking off.

I now have templates for the 4 boys, if you plan on doing anyone else, just give us a shout.

Once an entire episode has been done for at least 3 characters I shall put them on the main MITMVC

Some excellent works have come of this idea so far, I hope new ideas will continue to sprout and we can continue to be the best site network for malcolm in the middle.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I'll get a Malcolm one up for Butterflies after the ep today or early tomorrow depending on what time it is, and I've got a busy week ahead, but I intend to find time (or blow off something else) to write one for Chad's Sleepover and Ida Loses a Leg.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Malcolm - Chad's Sleepover

This day was horrible! It started out crappy and it ended crappy. My alarm clock didn't work and while I got to sleep an extra hour, it meant that I didn't get up until 7:30 and school starts at 8. Then on the way to school there was a big accident, and I ultimately didn't get there till 8:30. I ran into my first class, but there was no one there. Apparently I'm not cool enough to be told about Ditch Day. Cynthia could have at least alluded to it!

When Reese got home, he said he spent the day downtown, but when I asked who told him it was Ditch Day, he looked at me like I was crazy. LIKE I'M CRAZY! So neither of us are cool enough to have any friends that think we're cool enough to know about Ditch Day.

But Reese and I decided that maybe we're not unpopular; everyone else is actually just jealous. So Reese devised a plan. We decided to go "scare" people from school, who were staying overnight at a haunted, I mean abandoned, house. Why do I always listen to Reese's plan?

Needless to say, the night was a disaster, but we did figure out why everyone hates us so much. I guess all we have to do to be popular is change our personalities.

(222 words)

allison

Re: Journals

That´s really funny. I only doubt that Malcolm gets up at 6.30am if school doesn´t begin before 8.00 am, but never mind.:D
Again, you did a great job and I´m looking forward to read more of your journals.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

In America we get up early. An hour and a half is actually late for us. 6am would probably be closer to average. Europe is lazier than America, that's all.

allison

I just said that because I remember an episode where Malcolm said something like "Why does mom wake me up at 8 am? School doesn´t start before 8.15."
How come we´re lazier?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I thought of that, but I decided that was from season one and probably outdated by now. I mean, as a high school student, how could Malcolm possibly get up, take a shower, brush his teeth, eat breakfast, and get to school in fifteen minutes?

You're lazier because you're not obsessed with work. The first question we ask in the States is what someone's name is. The second is what we do for a living. In Europe, you have like a two hour lunch break just so you can take a nap after you're done eating!

allison

I guess it depends on your work how long your break is. I´m still a student and I usually have school from 8 to 2 or 3pm. We only have 3 breaks (15min, 15min and 30min).
But maybe you´re right, I haven´t met many people who are obsessed with their work (though some people from foreign countries consider germans as very accurate and diligent people, but I´m not sure if this is true):D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Are you going to link the files together at all? Like all of Dewey's entries can be accessed from any one of Dewey's other entries, or is that too difficult?

admin

Retired Administrator
Maybe, I haven't decided yet, depends on how many end up being done. creating a menu system would not be difficult...