Journals Info

Dewey

Minimalistic
Re: Journals - No Motorcycles

admin said:
For Reese, perhaps I can choose a crappy font - does everyone have somehting called Whimsy on their computer, I might use that for Reese
As with Andy b, I don't have the Whimsy font on my computer. But if you could upload that one too, I would very much appreciate it.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Dewey's Diary - Pilot

yardgames said:
Of course, maybe I'm still stuck with the season one Dewey in my head.
I think a diary entry for the young Dewey of season one would go something like this. Here’s my attempt at the episode ‘Pilot’:

It’s not fair! My oldest brother Francis has been sent to a new school in Alabama. It’s a really far away. My other brother Malcolm says its next to Florida so he probably goes to Disney World all the time. I wish I could go to Alabama.

Also, Malcolm has been put into a special class for smart kids. Its called the Krel something. I don’t know what it means but its making Malcolm unhappy. He says he wants to be normal.

Yesterday, a nice lady from Malcolm’s school came to my house. I don’t know what she said because me Malcolm and Reese were fighting, but she made my mom look angry.

ENDS – 114 words

I don’t know if you want to include this. After reading Yardgames’ superb extract from Malcolm, I’m not sure this is convincing enough. It probably needs further work.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Dewey's Diary - Pilot

I have a confession. I didn't prepare for my entry at all. I didn't rewatch the episode, or take notes, or really think about it. I've been reading Malcolm's journal since forever until they made it third person, so I just sort of thought about the episode, and then wrote it in a style that is similar to that of Malcolm in his journal, adding for course some elements that make him seem like the whiny genius he is.

Thanks for the compliments and the page looks great David. It did appear faded to me though, almost like I was viewing it through a white filter, is that supposed to happen or is it a problem on my end?

Dewey

Minimalistic

yardgames said:
I have a confession. I didn't prepare for my entry at all. I didn't rewatch the episode, or take notes, or really think about it. I've been reading Malcolm's journal since forever until they made it third person, so I just sort of thought about the episode, and then wrote it in a style that is similar to that of Malcolm in his journal, adding for course some elements that make him seem like the whiny genius he is.
You seem to have a natural talent for this.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Without sounding too personal, I have a journal I try to keep in the style of Malcolm.

Dewey

Minimalistic

Thats great. I like the backwards E's. Just when i think you've thought of everything, you go a step further.

Amigo22

Super Moderator

And that's just the right length for a 6 year old too. Great work! :)

allison

That´s cool. It´s kind of confusing ( it´s probably supposed to be) so it really seems like Reese. I especially like the last few sentences. Really funny!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

When I was writing it, I thought: What would Reese write, If he decided to ever write something down. Making a time machine is a kind of crazy idea only Reese would attempt. And at the end I put that wit of "my arm realy hurts, so i'm going to hurt it more by beating someone up, but i'm hurting them so it balences out".Reese wins because he "said" so.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I like it. It definitely seems like Reese saying it. It's confusing, and not everything's correct, but then again I think that's the way Reese would write. Maybe David should keep those e's backwards as well. Very authentic, nice job.

So we got all three boys covered for No Motorcycles. Does anyone want to do another point of view from that episode, or should we get started with Chad's Sleepover. That one would be interesting to see what we came up with.

dizzy

These things are so funny to read :D Yuo guys realy know the characters :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Why don't you try one Dizzy? How about someone for Chad's Sleepover? Which character are you most like?

Dewey

Minimalistic

J's extract from Reese is excellent. I kind of knew that perfecting this would be a real challenge. Writing for this character would need to go significantly beyond the rules of conventional writing. Sort of putting the basic principles on their head, and taking a backwards step.

From the short sentence and paragraph structure to the covering of various themes that do not appropriately link; this is something you have done very well.

It is naturalistic. Such words that seemingly make no sense could easily come from the mind of Reese.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

I really missed this thread it sorta came out of no where to me. amazing works guys! r we planning on putting them all together as an extention of www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk or we could have them on the front page like fox did.

Im wont be trying cuase im not much of a writter ill keep to images/video's for now :D

arach

J, appanah and yardgames, you 3 really did a good job. Most of it seems to be the character's own thoughts. You/We should do that for every one of the upcoming episodes.

And David, you already made it look like a professional web page. It would make a nice new feature on the MITMVC main page.

Great work, y'all. :)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

I wouldn't mind doing Reese again

Side Note: I only saw the episode once. I was doing i from memory, i had taped Arrested Development instead of MITM. So I did my best with what I had.

admin

Retired Administrator

This may sounds odd, but I think that if we are going to keep in with the writing style of these three characters, we really need the same three writers each time, or the same team of writers.

I no this means a lot of work, but if you don't mind doing it thats great, if you do a season, it means that if you are no longer enjoying it you can then pass the baton to the next person.

We've got as long as it takes to do it, so there is no rush to get it completed...

I will get your Reese on up ASAP J. as soon as I can get everything made.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

admin said:
if we are going to keep in with the writing style of these three characters, we really need the same three writers each time, or the same team of writers.
I'm up for it.

I think I've found my place in this fourm. I tried art, it didn't work, i tried to be a look only, never reply person, it didn't work. Now I feel like I belong.:)