Journals Info

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Thanks for the edit admin. I got Butterflies done earlier then I thought so I combined the message above with this one.

Butterflies:

The Trail Mix was good this time. I was glad it tasted good. That is when stuff went wrong, my spring break was horrible. Why can’t Malcolm do manual labor? I mean I will have to do it for all my life. I say Malcolm should work hard now, he’s gonna have a nice job, I should relax and have a good like until I get a real job. And those poisons were nasty. I don’t think I will be able to smell for a while. After I stumble out of his van he tells to take 1000 caterpillars and spread them over all the people’s lawns. 1000 caterpillars?! Do you know how many kids I could torture with 1000 caterpillars? Then he told me to drop his business card in everyone’s mailbox. I barely heard him, My ears told me he was really far away, but my eyes told me he was right in front of me. I must be a good employee, after that he told me not to sleep for a while, I guess he didn’t want me to pass out and die.

It didn’t work that way. I was stuck with the caterpillars. After I saw them, I liked them. Dad found me with the caterpillars. He asked me why I still had them, after Mom told me to get rid of them. I told them the truth, odd enough as it is, that I like the caterpillars. Dad went soft and gave in, he always does. I just had to hide them under a tarp and act like I hate Dad.

I brought them inside, cause it’s cold outside, that was the only humane thing to do. Dad wouldn’t let me in, so I ‘fought’ him for it, he came out, I went in.

When I woke up today Winston, Harv, and Julio were with me, not as caterpillars, but as butterflies. It was amazing, all of them were fluttering around me, I didn’t realize 1000 was that many. Then it was creepy, then it was scary. They just wouldn’t stop. It will take a while to make the fluttering sound go away.

358 words. I had to cut it down from 380.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Dewey: Butterflies

I really enjoyed my spring break. Malcolm was unhappy throughout the two weeks. I know he’s always complaining about something, but this time it was because he had to work the graveyard shift with mom at the Lucky Aide.

Malcolm’s shifts worked out excellent for me, as it meant that I had the whole bed to myself every night. I have to say that it was an amazing experience. There was no fighting for blankets, no elbows in my chest and no butt shoved into my face. It was all the space in the world. All this enabled me to have two weeks of perfect sleep.

Of course, like all cool things in my life, this had to come to an end. Having the bed to myself, I actually grew half an inch in one week. It made me realise that my childhood totally sucks. I mean, I’m twelve years old, and it’s not normal to be sharing a bed with my older brother.

I tried to express my concerns with dad, but he just told me that they could not afford to buy me my own bed to sleep in. I don’t ask for much, and it’s not like I’m asking for my own room. It’s really not fair, because I know that dad spends money on crap all the time. If he really wanted, I’m sure he could somehow afford another bed for me.

Anyway, it hasn’t all been bad, as I’ve been able to taunt Reese with the butterfly thing. It’s kind of a long story. It had something to do with his job as an exterminator. He was supposed to get rid of a thousand caterpillars, but he didn’t so we ended up with a thousand butterflies in my room. It was a wonderful sight. My trick is flapping a piece of paper behind his ears. I’ve already done it nine times today, and he still freaks out every time. It’s great because dad says I can do the joke for the rest of the week. It’s hilarious!

ENDS – 342 words

Amigo22

Super Moderator
FRANCIS'S JOURNAL FOR PILOT

I’ve been kicked out of the house plenty of times throughout my childhood, but this time is permanent. A few weeks ago Mom and Dad shipped me off to Marlin Academy, a Military School in Alabama. I don’t know why she couldn’t just ground me, like she usually does. I’d rather two months of no friends and no phone and no TV than being stuck here for who knows how long. But I have met some cool people here though. My new roommate Stanley showed me how to kill mice with a hammer. It was totally cool, I wish my brothers had been there to see. I really miss them. I spoke to Malcolm and Mom on the phone a few days ago. Mom was angry when she found out I was smoking, but so what, she and Dad used to. And she won’t even send me my full allowance any more. Not that I even got that much money anyway, since my family are so broke. My life sucks!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Malcolm - Tiki Lounge

Yesterday Dad basically grounded me--for no reason at all! He made me, Dewey, and Reese work on helping him build a lounge in the garage because he feels he doesn't get to spend enough time with Mom. I was actually getting pretty excited about it, until Reese got a hold of the nail gun, and I ended up with an earring hole in my ear. When we finished, we showed Mom everything, and she loved it. Then Dad told us to get out and stay out for "Tiki Time!" We helped build the place, but we definitely don't get to enjoy it. My life is one miserable escapade after another.

Speaking of miserable escapades, Herkabe made me--blackmailed me--into joining the Booster Club. These people are complete hypocrites! They spend hundreds of dollars on balloons, and end up with no money. I objected, but the club decided that they were necessary, and is buying just as many for future events. They're just using charity as an excuse to have parties.

The next item we discussed was Monty Carlo night. I was told that I was the auctioneer; I have to stand in front of the entire school and auction off crap.

I told Herkabe I was quitting, and he no longer cared; he got his paycheck and told me the Boosters hated me and were glad I could now quit. I didn't really care that these hypocrites hated me, but I knew I could do better! I couldn't find a single business that would sponsor the event, so I took it upon myself to find stuff that I could auction off and use to humiliate the damn club.

After I started auctioning off a photograph of Stephanie Rothkins' original nose, I actually started to enjoy the night. We raised over $500 in like two minutes, even if I do have to have my mouth covered with duct tape for a week. I finally got over some of the personal problems I've had for years, and I learned about the true spirit of charity. I mean, when you raise that much, doesn't the spirit cover taking a couple hundred for yourself?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Reese

Ida's Dance

Finding ways to hide my suspensions from mom is getting fun, but a bit of a challenge. At least Jamie is getting his daily recommended amount of fiber.

Malcolm told me that he decided to get an easy a in a music-thing class he got an F on a report, I told him how to change an F to a P, P for perfect, new grading system, he didn’t take the offer up, which means I have a back-up for that History paper I didn’t turn in a while back.

I rented a horror movie, I love those things, it was called Exhumed Maniac. When Dad started screaming I wondered why, what is so scary about a dead murder coming back to life, killing the undertaker, then strangling the pall bearers with the undertaker’s intestines. One of the bearers screamed, so the maniac stuffed his skin down his throat and he suffocated. Then the scene when the Exhumed Maniac gorges the eye balls out of a child and an adult with a rusty spoon. It was so fake, it as obvious that the stunt doubles had no eyes in the first place.

When I got “They Peeled My Face” dad was surprised to know that the director was arrested for using real corpses. Then after dad found out I was happy to share something that we both love together, you should have seen the smile on his face.

As I was at the video store I heard a loud noise, but I figured it was nothing and continued to look for movies. When I got home it looked as if dad was hiding something heavy, but it didn’t matter, I went to the rental store. I got this 72 inch TV with speakers and everything. When mom comes home I returned it and said it was defective.

Mom came home, but she didn’t talk about what happened, but what I was able to get was that she was dancing in a pie of some sorts, mmmm… pie. I love pie.

Dad and I were discussing our feelings about our past, like how I hated getting underwear for Christmas, that baseball game, but I am curious as to why he didn’t like the camping trip, I only killed 2 animals, a bird and that rat-thing.

384 words. It's a bit hard to get into the 350 word limit. maybe we should revise it.

Dewey

Minimalistic
You work fast! I'll get to work on my piece from Dewey soon. It will be interesting to read yardgames' Malcolm for contrast.

Once again, a great piece!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Yeah, thanks.

It will be interesting to hear yardgames' version. This was a big episode for Malcolm.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Ida's Dance (Malcolm)

I was feeling really stressed out when we scheduled for this semester's classes, so I opted to take Music Appreciation. It was supposed to be a fantastic class, just about appreciating music...an easy A.

Instead, I received an F on my first assignment. How is it my fault that that song made me feel happy! When I manage to feel happy, I like to cherish it. Afraid my grade point average would be sacrificed again, (3.978 after Herkabe's B on my midterm last year) I seeked help from the person who knows music better than anyone else I know: Dewey.

In order to make him help me, I had to humiliate myself, but he finally got around to trying to teach me. After a frustrating start on the piano, Dewey pushed me into Jamie's crib. He quit after I incorrectly guessed how the mobile song made me feel. In frustration, I turned up the volume really loud on the headphones Dewey had just put on. So loud, in fact, that he went deaf.

Luckily, Mom was helping Grandma with something, but I had to be at Dewey's constant beck and call if I didn't want her to find out when she returned home. I sat in a chair as instructed, and heard something about him being a better person before I went deaf too.

A few days later, I was relieved to finally have the damn birds wake me up in the morning. Apparently my grandkids are grounded, though, because Dewey and I let the TV fall on Dad while we were deaf.

(263 words)

David, don't publish this one yet. I don't know if I'm happy with it. I'd like to hear a bit of feedback first. I'm not sure it has that...that...that spark of perfection.

PecanSandies

Re: Dewey's Diary - No Motorcycles

yardgames said:
Wow, David, that is really fantastic. I especially like how it was always the size of the browser window. The title was in the handwritten font, but the actual entry was in Times New Roman, is that right? You may want to use Comic Sans MS instead, since that's a more universal font on Macs and Windows. It looks fantastic. I've been real busy today but I'll get to work on that Malcolm entry and get it uploaded here very soon.
I thought that the universal font on Macs was Chicago, or did they retire it a while ago?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Dewey's Diary - No Motorcycles

Before OS X, it was Chicago, I believe, but a couple of years ago it changed with Jaguar.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Dewey: Ida's Dance

Malcolm is the whining, loud mouth who prides himself on knowing more about everything than anyone. So imagine my surprise when he turned on me for help with his music studies. There was an element of satisfaction seeing my genius brother had been graded an F. But reading that Barber’s adagio for strings makes him happy, I wasn’t surprised. Malcolm clearly wouldn’t know the difference between Schubert and Vaughan Williams.

For $10 an hour and seeing Malcolm humiliate himself for my assistance, I was willing to help out.

That was until I realised that he really is a lost cause when it come to music. The problem is that he is unwilling to listen. I was truly going out of my way to help him out, and he yelled at me. Accused me of teaching him bad on purpose. I didn’t deserve that.

Imagine how annoyed I was when he told me that he had quit his music class and was bothering me because I could do something he couldn’t. Music is the only thing for me, and it makes Malcolm so jealous that he can’t be better than me at something. He is a control freak.

Then he did the worst thing ever. He made me deaf, by turning up the volume on my headphones to full blast. Not being able to hear was so unpleasant. I wish that mom had been around because she would have made Malcolm pay. With her gone, I tried to get even by making him deaf too using microphone, air horn and speakers. I just couldn’t go through with it though. I guess that is the real downside to being a better person than he is. Luckily, Jamie was there to make the decision for me.

Being deaf for a couple of days made me appreciate how good life can be. The sound of mom’s voice was just beautiful. After days of hearing nothing at all, it was as harmonious as a Delibes symphony. I’m certainly not going to take my hearing for granted anymore. My music will probably be more delightful than it ever was!

ENDS – 353 words

Your opinions please. After reading this to myself, I realise it probably needs further work.