Submit Your Signature to Wish Justin Berfield a Happy Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community is proud to be sending a birthday card to Justin Berfield on behalf of all of our members this year. Our generous moderator J. has volunteered to do the actual printing and sending of the card, but we encourage each member to participate as well.

You can join your fellow MITM fans in signing our card for Justin by uploading your signature to this thread. The best way to sign it is to use a scanner and sign in your signature. You can also use a digital camera or an image editing program like Paint. We will accept small pictures like those used in your forum signatures, but they must be just that--small. And we recommend using your name or alias instead of a picture, as Justin already knows he's part of the Malcolm in the Middle cast. :D Anyone is welcome to participate, but to conserve space we will only print signatures from people who are active posters and have a positive rep count. Other signatures may be edited for space.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here; otherwise, upload your signature before we send the card out!

The card looks like this:
attachment.php

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I would say to put a short (1 line) greeting if you want, your real name (probably first name only) and your forum username. It would also be cool to include your location so he can see that people from all over the world signed it. So, for example, I would put:

Have a great birthday, Justin! (or something like that)
Christina AKA Wildcat
Chesapeake, Virginia

I'll try to upload mine tomorrow. I also need to upload the design in actual size. That's just a small version.

Save your sigs in .jpg format. That's the easiest to work with if they need to be edited for size or anything.

@Sam, I thought we were going to buy a big card, then attach the design and sigs inside. Are we just printing it out now?

samboo1

Ive wrote out my greeting, im having trouble taking a good pic with my camera though. I think ill have to find a scanner.

Kratos

So it is a case of those with 50 posts or more defo get on the card, and if there is space left over people with less than 50 can join in too? I think that's a fair rule, or else isnt it a bit silly taking time to give you our siggys if there is no chance of being on the card anyway? :confused:

But its a cool idea, me likes. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
@Wildcat, I forgot about the big card. Is your design big enough for a big card? You said it would fit comfortably on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.

@Kratos you'll have 50 posts in a month; you just need 20 more. Do ten this week and ten next week. And you have plenty of positive rep anyhow. Basically, it's to discourage people to sign up for the soul purpose of getting their message sent to Justin.

@Samboo, you reminded me of the other point I forgot to make to people: if you don't have a camera or scanner, let us know because someone else in your country, province, or state who does have access to one of those items may be willing to help. You might also check your local library or university. Our primary goal in the uploading of the signatures is to avoid international postage.

theblinddevil

Sound like a great idea! I guess i would have to use a digital camera as my scanner is bad. How long do we have to send them in?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
@theblinddevil, we want to send it off by the end of january so you still have plenty of time.

Does anyone know where I can host a large image file? The orginal design is over 1mb because it's big and I made it high resolution so it would print out well. I need to upload it for J (or whoever puts this together), but none of the image hosting services that I know of accept files that large.

@Sam--the orginal design will fit on a normal sheet of paper because I figured that most people's printers will only accept that size. I can make it bigger if someone has the means to print it out on a larger sheet of paper. The left side of most cards is blank so I thought we could just put the design in the center with all the sigs all around it, or either put it at the bottom of the generic writing on the card (if there's room). Here, why don't I just draw you a picture?:D

card.jpg

If everyone writes normally and keeps their sig at a reasonable size, we should be able to fit A LOT of sigs on a giant card. :D Everyone with 50+ posts who wants to should send their sig in ASAP (or let us know that they will be sending it when they find a scanner or whatever). Then if there's room left, we could consider including those with 30 or 35+ posts and positive rep. That's something we'll have to play by ear I guess.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
3 little corrections:

1. That card design was Wildcat's.

2. The basic idea of sending the birthday card was mine.

3. Read This to get all the info on the matter.

:)

samboo1

Anyway, i held my piece of paper into my webcam and took the still of it. Looks ok to me. Just tell me if there's too much writing on it.
That type of thing is what you meant, right?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Thank you Sam. You're so kind. Unlike some people :cough: J :cough: :D ;) You'll have to post picts for us when you get it all put together. I uploaded the original design for you. I tried google base as you suggested, but I couldn't get it to show the file in actual size for some reason. It ended up being a smaller file than I expected after I converted to .jpg anyway so I was able to use image shack.

I also uploaded just the MITMVC logo in case you want to attach it to the outside of the envelope as a return address or something. Sort of an "eye catcher."

And finally, here's my sig. It will print out at 3 inches wide by 1.5 inches tall. That should be ok. If not, I can resize it.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Looks good Christina and Samboo. See, you don't need my advice you found a good place to upload it on your own. :)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I just noticed that I used a lower case m for Malcolm in the MITMVC logo. It wasn't that noticable, but being the obsessive-compulsive person that I am, I had to fix it. :) I've uploaded the edited design and logo for you.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Samboo and Wildcat, your handwriting is so nice, i'm kind of scared to upload my sig. But I'll do it anyways during the day.

allison

Yeah, your handwriting looks really cool. I know someone who has a digital camera and said I can use it, but he´s on vacation so I hope it´s ok if I send it in January.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.