Turkey and Muckfish

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Just watched Thanksgiving...

Anyone get inspired enough to try putting their turkey in a muckfish after seeing that episode? Is that an actual cooking tip or was that made up purely for the purpose of amusement for that episode?

daniel1985

I can't see how that would actually taste good. Don't try it mate, you might seriously damage your holiday!

PS: It's a Monkfish

Wemboy

John Madden, off the NFL commentary, has a Turducken for thanksgiving. Thats a turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken. And one guy on TV in the UK made a ten bird roast, with a turkey as the outside stuffed with all kinds of other things. So the idea isn't new, but i don't think the combination of fish and turkey would work, best leave that recipe well alone.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I'm not much of a fish person. I'll go out and go fishing on a boat, I'll catch one, just not eat it.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, you do live near the ocean, Justin. When you go fishing, is it as boring as Malcolm and Hal in Houseboat?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Yeah, I live about 30 mins. from the ocean. It's my uncle's boat (only about 20 feet long, aprox 6 meters, right?) Well, there i a lot of patience required to fish. Normally I drive the boat, so it's un to get out in the bay by the dock or to the ocean. He let's me drive it at 40 knots. That is a lot, like 50mph. The bow of the boat is so far in the air for a while I can't see so I have to bend to the left, just to see whats in front of me. Sometimes we go out to see the Atlantic City (AC) Airshow, on Auguast 28, 30, and 31. That's really awesome. The fishing itself is a little boring. But on average we catch 10-25 fish, normally 2-5 keepers. But the lengh is so hard, Flounder have to be 18 inches to keep, thats hard to find!!!! And were only allowed to keep 2 per person on Strippers. We catch foot long sharks, a Flounders, strippers, sometime we catch bass, pufferfish,lots of seaweed, a crab on a fishing line sometime, spidercrabs (those are like rocks with long legs, it's creepy, talk agout ugly!) We caught skates and what i think are called Robinfish. So it is not as boring as Houseboat. Fishing is really fun.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, interesting. It must be cool living right next to the ocean. I have a river and the Bay of Green Bay and Lake Michigan near me, but it's not quite the same thing.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
It's neat, it's just annoying when the salt water vapor hits my glasses and they get all salty.:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Interesing, I didn't picture you with glasses. Odd, because you've conveyed yourself as smart and the stereotypical smart person has glasses. I pictured you with no glasses, red hair, and a lot of freckles. Come to think of it, a lot like Chad.

D

Deleted member 1693

Lol.

Hm... this has inspired me to make another thread...

D

Deleted member 1693

I loved Malcolm's drunk blabberings when he got home. And I felt so bad for Reese.

Ryebeach

I loved Malcolm's drunk blabberings when he got home. And I felt so bad for Reese.

When it first aired, I don't think I appreciated this episode as much as I do now. I think, at the time, I was quite shocked at Malcolm's drinking at the party to pay much attention to anything else. On subsequent viewings, I got past that and picked up on all the great details of the episode between Francis and his mother, and all the excellent scenes with Reese cooking the meal and dealing with Hal, Piama and Dewey.

D

Deleted member 1693

Yes. Same here. My favorite parts were definitely the parts in which Reese pushed everyone around only because he was so dedicated to his only appreciable talent.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I agree, Thanksgiving is definitely an episode you have to watch multiple times in order to appreciate because it's very shocking and sort of, in my opinion, the start of Malcolm's transformation into Father Pessimism.