The Perfect Climate and Anglo-American Traffic Diversities

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: The Perfect Climate

Lol I will have to do that. I actually have three roundabouts in my town, so I know what those are. :D But I must say, I have never heard of an on-ramp called a slip road.

AlexTheMartian

yardgames said:
Other than Amigo, is there anyone who doesn't have snow regularly on Christmas Day? It's the middle of winter here, so the standard issue is a few inches to a feet of snow and very cold. I hate winter. :( One year it was like 60 (F, something like 20 C) on Christmas and that was actually pretty weird. I mean, it was nice, but where I live anyway, you almost expect snow for Christmas.
I live in Los Angeles, CA... no snow, and the low is always 50F or above

I actually never saw snow fall in my life, only once did I snowboard on snow that was already on the ground in nearby maountains, but I never saw falling snow from the sky.

airbikecop

I'd rather live down south, but in a non-sandy or salty area. Only because I am a car buff and I don't like rusty cars, or the driving weather up in New York.

People say cars do not rust down there, but that is a urban legend. I saw a rotted Isuzu truck down in Virginia, and when I was in the outerbanks I saw an old Honda with rust, the frame was rusted and rotted and held together with duct tape.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Maybe it was driven down there though, and it didn't rust down there? Whatever the case, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your time here, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your thoughts.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
airbikecop said:
I'd rather live down south, but in a non-sandy or salty area. Only because I am a car buff and I don't like rusty cars, or the driving weather up in New York.

People say cars do not rust down there, but that is a urban legend. I saw a rotted Isuzu truck down in Virginia, and when I was in the outerbanks I saw an old Honda with rust, the frame was rusted and rotted and held together with duct tape.

I've never heard things don't rust here, but it's definitely an uban legend if that's what they say. Things rust very quickly here in the south because of all the moisture and salt in the air. It's worse near the coast (like you saw in the Outer Banks) but it still gets really humid everywhere here in the summer whether your on the coast or not. You need move somewhere like Arizona or Nevada where it's really dry if you want to slow down rust.

airbikecop

I didn't want to hijack the topic, but it is about climate, and an observation! That and I'm a _huge_ car nut.

Really, a lot of people go on ebaymotors or other auto places and buy cars from the south because they are "Rust Free". They may be a little less rusted, but still rusty. Maybe the outside may look fine, but the undercarriage is a mess, and I've seen it. It might happen slower due to no road salt, but I've seen it.

My northern car is ten years old, and there's not a lot of rust one it really. There's some on the front passengers door and the undercarriage is nearly perfect.