• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know (counted as 'Yes') :D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yardgames

Retired Administrator
A very good point indeed. Maybe we can do something fun with the MITMVC logo? This thread doesn't seem to be attracting much attention, maybe because it's mostly J and I bickering. Feel free to participate Christina; maybe it will jump start other people's ideas.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I promise to stop fighting with Sam (on this thread) until we get it over with.

Something like the upper right hand corner MITMVC logo and "wishes you a very happy birthday"

and then maybe the pic of the 'family' celebrating with the 100th episode cake.

Maybe our cheif editor:))) could edit the '100' and Justin Berfield out of the photo...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Well what a werid thread........:D

My view are, why Justin and not Frankie, i know its too late, but was just wondering.

I dont think have an artwork with him on it would be a problems it makes the card more personal. As long as its not just a standard boring pic of him.

Im v busy atm so i wouldnt really be up for much designing but i could do something once the idea is clearer.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
@TJ--Sam only came up with the idea this week so it was way too late to send anything in for Frankie. Too bad nobody thought of it sooner. Justin has the next birthday in February.

@Sam--I might see if I can come up with anything if I get a chance and we don't have much other response. Its just that I've been sensing a bad vibe from some people sense the contest. I do like J's idea with the 100th episode photo though so I'll take a look at it if you all are interested in doing that. It's a small pict and will only print to about a 3x5 so even if we use it, we will probably still want to include another design.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, no one said we had to either. If we don't want to, we don't need to do it. It was just an idea; a rather haphazard one so you won't hurt my feelings. :)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Who said we didn't want to? I, for one, think it was a great idea. We're going to make Justin the best darn birthday card he's ever received from his fans. :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
That's the way of thinking Christina! :D

But I admit that it does seem to be in it's infancy right now, but we do have until February to do it. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well then this can be the organization thread for the three of us who care enough to keep reading it :) and we can make a new thread when we've made all our decisions.

samboo1

Ive kept reading it....i just dunno what to say!:cool:
I think...nice ideas with the 100th episode pic...i think the mitmvc logo definatly should be on it....and the web address:) I dunno about other pics for the card yet though...i dont think a small Justin pic would be bad but a big one, or a lot, would kinda be weird...have you ever got a birthday card with your own pic on? It should have something birthday related and a Justin pic and the 100th episode pic thing.
As for the signatures, Sam, im not allowed a scanner for christmas, as 'appartently' ive already asked for too much (soo not true!). But i have a digital camera i could use to get it on the computer and then put it on the card.
So yeah...just a few thoughts from me. ;)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Yeah, I also keep on reading in the thread. I just don't know what to write, either. And I really don't have any idea for the design so I think I won't be able to do something in the next time.

allison

Same here, I keep reading and I would like to contribute something, but right now I don´t have any good ideas. Here´s a really silly one: :D We could think of 25 reasons why Reese is a cool character or something like that. Everyone could write one next to their signature. But maybe that´s a bit too "Reese centered" as the card should be about Justin himself and not the character he plays on the show.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Feel free to jump in and share your opinions, all of you. I'm glad the thread is being read after all. :) All interesting ideas indeed. Keep throwing them out there because before we can make any decisions we have to have as many ideas as possible.

Wemboy

Well for starters this is a really good idea, i think it would be a nice gesture. And maybe if we are able to organise this we could make it a more regular thing for the other cast members. I think my view is that if we're going to send a card we should just keep it simple. A straight forward happy birthday message, just wishing him good luck with his work etc. should do the trick, and then we can all "sign" it. I just think anything too complicated might mean that the actual birthday message gets a bit lost, if you know what i mean. I also agree we should probably try not to have any pictures of Justin on the actual card, or keep them fairly small.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I took J's suggestions and edited the 100th ep photo. It was quite a challenge with all the background stuff (not that don't love a good challenge. :D ) Unfortunetely, the original photo isn'that great so there wasn't much I could do to enhance the quality. Like I said, it only prints to a 3 1/2 x 4 x 1/2--anything bigger will make the quality worse--so I think we will definitely want to include another design if we decide to use it. I tried printing it and it came out pretty good (I was using normal quality--it would probably look better if I had used photo quality.)

I can easily remove the "happy birthday justin" from the frame if you don't like it.

samboo1

Wow, you have done a brilliant job there! I dont get how you do that. I have loads of photoshop programs but i havent got a clue how to do really good things on them unfortunatly. I think the Happy birthday Justin looks cool.:D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Its good but unuasable. too small unless there is a very good quailty version there there is no point continuing with it.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
@Sam--Thanks! It's really just a matter of zooming way in and working with individual pixels. You have to blend the colors together to make it look natural. It's not really hard, it just requires a lot of patience. :)

Yeah, I did a search for a bigger version, but that seems to be the only one out there. It's definitely too small to use as our main design, but if we don't have a lot of people send their sigs in we could always use it as filler material. That's something we can figure out later though. We still have plenty of time to come up with something else.

samboo1

This is a bigger image of the 100th episode pic if it helps. I could make it really big without losing that much quality but it would have gridlines on...erm, yeah. It's on this cd thing i have and it enlarges things really good but of course it would have the outlines on....of a cd/dvd. The one ive attached is the size of a dvd so it wouldnt show guidelines lol.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam. That one is larger, but unfortunetely the quality still isn't very good. I wish there was one somewhere that has higher resolution, but I don't think there is cause I spent awhile searching last night. I wonder if MITM18 could get us one...

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
The pics are nice, but your right, the quality isn't best. MITM18? please? Do that magic thing that you do to get us that photo (if your reading this)

And we need ideas, no matter how silly/stupid you think they are, they really may be very good idea!