After Season 7 will the FOX MITM Forums Close

admin

Retired Administrator
After Season 7 will the FOX MITM Forums Close?

Does anybody no if FOX close the forums, mini sites for their series after the show gets cancelled?

I was wondering whether this is the case, because if it is, then we should start concetrating more on encouraging as many of the good MITM fans who still use the MITM Official forums to migrate over here...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
i did say that with the 'recruiting forum members thread' but people took little interest. i have emailled 1 person on the the offical forum about coming here but since no reply/joining.

admin

Retired Administrator
tjpeople said:
i did say that with the 'recruiting forum members thread' but people took little interest. i have emailled 1 person on the the offical forum about coming here but since no reply/joining.
Yeah I did see that thread, I hope we can continue asking people to come, I think adverts on the official forums are probably more effective, our banning systems can filter out any scum that gets into the forums :D

I was only asking, because sometimes these companies just close down their mini sites, as they no longer want to pay to run them anymore

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It's amazing the crap Fox still has on their website. They just add new content, instead of modifying or removing the old. Every page looks different, since Fox has gone through so many different graphics pages, but never updated the site for each graphics change. They don't ever delete any shows, their lsit just keeps getting longer and longer. The crap that still exists is amazing. I don't know how long they'll wnat to keep paying the bill to Prospero (the forums are hosted on Prospero's servers) but my guess is that they don't even realize they're doing it, and those forums will be around for people to post crap in for a long, long time.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I don't think they will close the Fox MITM fourm, they talk about just about everything but MITM on the offical fourms.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I agree, I really like the vBulletin software. I've never used it much before this forum, but it seems to be the best, much better than Prospero. The frames bother me and make it load very slowly.

Hendrix

admin said:
After Season 7 will the FOX MITM Forums Close?

Does anybody no if FOX close the forums, mini sites for their series after the show gets cancelled?

I was wondering whether this is the case, because if it is, then we should start concetrating more on encouraging as many of the good MITM fans who still use the MITM Official forums to migrate over here...
They delete all Cancelled Show Forums except for X-Files since, that was FOX's golden child. Remember, FOX pays for these forums so, why do they want to keep a forum for a show that doesn't air anymore?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Why do they waste their money paying for Prospero forums anyway? They could host their own PHPBB for free.