Do you watch MITM repeats/reruns?

admin

Retired Administrator
I don't to be honest ever watch repeats, I can't stand doing things more than once, so I actually never watch anything twice or more.

Do any of you watch MITM repeats when they are on, or do you just find repeats unbearable to watch?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I watch repeats of the episodes that I like. If it's an episode that I didn't care for I probably won't watch it again. Some episodes I've seen 4-5 times and others I've only seen once. It just depends. After this season, all we'll have is repeats (probably). :(

reese35

Some of you guys know how I stand on today's MitM reruns. However, if it's an eppy I barely see, I'm for it (excepting Traffic Jam, Dewey's Dog, and Zoo). But from mid-season 5 onward, I stay away. I have the episodes on tape.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I love watching MITM repeats. Sometimes I forget the ingenius of an episode until I watch it again. As I once told the Three Scrooges, I actually have an Excel spreadsheet with every episode name listed. I use the random function to randomly list the ep's, and then I go down the lsit and essentially watch a random episode whenever I feel like MITM. Once I've found which ep I want to watch, I refer to my TV Tome printouts. I have one sheet for each season, save 7. Each sheet tells me whcih disc I can find any given episode on. So if my Excel spreadsheet says it's time to watch Family Reunion, I refer to my TV Tome printout for season 4, and find that Family Reunion is on Disc 4A (I've burned all my own DVDs :D)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's quite a cool system you have going there. I like the random episode picker idea. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which ep to watch cause I like all of them (for the most part.) How many DVDs did you use to burn all six seasons? I tried converting and burning some of the eps to DVD, but the quality came out pretty poor on the eps that weren't recorded in HDTV.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
yardgames said:
As I once told the Three Scrooges,

Stop talking about my relatives! :) Wait, do you mean stooge, or scrooge? Cause I was scrooge in "A Christmas Carol" play by Charles Dickens.

And my great aunt was married to a guy who is the cousin to the Three Stooges(Larry, Moe, Shemp[Curly took over when Shemp died, and was not a brother])

You've confused me Sam!

I will watch the ep if I haven't seen it lately, but otherwise, I'm just like- "let me play my trumpet now..."

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Whoops, sorry, yes. I mean the Three Stooges. Thinking a bit too much like Christmas at the time I wrote that.

@Christina, good question. On each of my sheets, I've also given each episode a quality rating of low or high. I have the season 1 DVD's, so the quality there is pretty good. I actually have two versions of season 2. The first is burned to true DVD, but the quality isn't too great because most of them are from the MITMVC when it offered the eps. But when I throw them on my crappy TV, they look fine. :D Basically, I was anxious and impatient to get the project done. So I have five discs for that season.

My second version is a BT file I obtained months ago. These are all encoded in DivX and thus far I've lacked the patience to convert them to MPEG and burn them to a DVD because it seems like as soon as I take the time to do that, the real thing will be released. :) So I have one data DVD with good quality S2's that were originally recorded of SkyOne. They aren't hi def obviously, but they're digital quality.

Season three is the worst quality because most of them I recorded off the local cable affiliate whose quality is subpar. Again, they look fine on TV but lousy on the computer. Five discs for that too.

Season 4 is a really mixed bag. It consists of three discs. The first five eps on teh first disc are very good quality. On disc 4B, I have like eight eppys (the most on one disc ever) and while teh video quality is good, I must have overwhelmed my program burning that many, because the audio/video synchronization is really bad. Disc three has all the rest of them in some weird file format that I can't even recognize. To play them, I downloaded a mega codec pack. :D It's obviously a data disc I also retrieved off BT. I actually tried converting these to MPEG but it fails every time I try, so I've given up.

Seasons five and six are five discs apiece with a single data backup disc. They are completely high definition and excellent quality as I recorded them off the air live, with the exception of one or two episodes when I had poor reception. The same holds true for season seven, but as of now, there's only one disc.

More information than you wanted to know? Sorry, I have a tendency to ramble.

BTW, if anyone's interested in my little random episode grid, let me know and I can upload it here. Basically, it's a list of every MITM episode ever, in random order.

AlexTheMartian

for me, when I flip thu the channels and it is on, I will watch it :cool:, but I never actually planned to watch a re-run, actually I dont even know what time they are on... I just channel surf.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I figured it would take about 25 disks to burn the first six seasons. So far I only have a few of my favorites burned in true DVD format, but the episodes from season 2-4 look terrible on the TV so I gave up on them. All of mine are BT because I lack the equipment to record them myself. I will most likely buy all of the seasons as they come out, but I was impatient to have the episodes on disk too. I can get about 5-6 episodes per disk in DVD format. Since most of the eps looked so bad in DVD format, I just burned them all to disk in .avi format so they weren't taking up space on my computer. I can fit an entire season on one DVD doing it that way. I have to watch them on the computer, but guess it will do until the real DVDs are released.

yardgames said:
Disc three has all the rest of them in some weird file format that I can't even recognize. To play them, I downloaded a mega codec pack. :D It's obviously a data disc I also retrieved off BT. I actually tried converting these to MPEG but it fails every time I try, so I've given up.

What program are you using? I use a program called VSO DivxtoDVD. It will convert just about any type of movie file to VOB format. The version I have is freeware, but they’ve started charging for the newer versions. The old versions are still out there to download though. Then I use DVD shrink to made the disk and create the ISO file.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Wildcat said:
I figured it would take about 25 disks to burn the first six seasons. So far I only have a few of my favorites burned in true DVD format, but the episodes from season 2-4 look terrible on the TV so I gave up on them.

I was going to burn the eps onto DVD too but if the quality is poor then it's not worth it.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I used to, but now I have most of the eps on either VHS or CD. If they repeated Seasons 1 and 4 here I would so I could tape the eps I don't have, but MITM is cancelled here - they're too rank to even put it on over the summer :mad:.

samboo1

I was gonna burn mine but i dont see the point really. I still have lots of space on my computer, and even if i burned them, my dvd player is the computer...we have a proper one downstairs but i my as well use the one on the computer.

And on the repeats/reruns point of view, i found out that i do watch reruns. I realised yesterday while watching it;) . It seems better watching them when they are broadcast on tv, coz then i dont skip the parts i dont like, and understand the plots more.

I always watch repeats or reruns usually on sky one or sky two!! bbc2 at the moment are doing season 5 or something so it's good to see newer episodes whilst waiting for season 7!! MitM reruns are usually on about 5-10 times a day (normally) so it's good to watch them when you want to!!

lala

Yes that is true MalcolmReeseDewey, it is on a lot on sky one because it's actually on now and in 30 minutes time. It's also true that bbc2 is showing the new stuff as well for non sky registered people!

simon_4420

MalcolmReeseDewey said:
I always watch repeats or reruns usually on sky one or sky two!! bbc2 at the moment are doing season 5 or something so it's good to see newer episodes whilst waiting for season 7!! MitM reruns are usually on about 5-10 times a day (normally) so it's good to watch them when you want to!!

yeah i have been watching season 5 on bbc two but this week they have moved the episode because of the snooker!!:mad:

As for repeats and reruns, i love watching them (providing i havnt seen them to recently) and like some1 just said, watching them on tv means you can't skip it foward so you see bits you didnt notice the first time.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
simon_4420 said:
As for repeats and reruns, i love watching them (providing i havnt seen them to recently) and like some1 just said, watching them on tv means you can't skip it foward so you see bits you didnt notice the first time.

I forgot to tell you about 'txt spk' That's just a little thing we don't do to help members who's native language isn't english. Sorry about that. But try not to use it, we would rather have 10 quality posts then 100 bad posts.