Teachers, Classes, and Learning About the British Empire
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teachers, Classes, and Learning About the British Empire

Default Teachers, Classes, and Learning About the British Empire

I have a teacher at school called Mr X. and everywere i go me is there it freeks me out. he is really strange.

Does anyone else have a teacher like this? if you do tell me about it i hope i am not the only one with a teacher who is stalking me.

Reese: Well today my mom lost her mind

Default Re: Teachers

Please don't mention individual names.

LOL you edited the post. At first when I read it I thought that the teacher's name was actually Mr. X. You know, like Malcolm X. I was gonna say, yeah, that is a reason to be freaked out!

Good to see you back again David.

I thought the teacher's name was Mr.X as well, until i actually realised the teacher she is talking about.
    Just for infomation...Mr.X doesnt stalk her, he is just coincidently everywhere Han is.
    Since this thread is called teachers and we are only talking about a certain one maybe we can turn it into a proper discussion about teachers.
    What do you think makes a good teacher? There's the teachers that are really strict and make you copy out of a book all lesson, there's the teachers who let you do whatever you want in the lesson and there's the ones who arent strict but still want you to listen and learn, and they make lesson's fun somehow...
    I think the last kind are the best. My maths teacher is like that, and i think she is a good teacher.
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

You call them lessons in England? Interesting, they're called classes here in America.

ARHHH! Why does the world allways think of the UK as England, i know you could be in referance to England specifically but im guessing you meant UK when you said England.

Genurally we use lessons, like 'what lessons to you have' but we also use quite often 'im in this class now' both really but i surpose lessons is used more.

No, I actually meant England. Look in Samboo's profile--it says she's from England. And maybe if the same place didn't have three names, it wouldn't be so freaking difficult!

LOL, I thought his name was Mr X as well - slightly off at a tangent, I used to work with a guy who knew someone who changed their middle name by depol to "Danger", just so they could say "Danger's my middle name." Sad.

When I was at school I always respected the teachers who respected me, and made their lessons (or 'classes') interesting. There was a teacher at my school (let's call him Mr B) who I had for statatory RS (religious studies); he made us watch the same film twice because he "thought there were some good points in it". He didn't know who I was and on my report card ticked all the middle boxes. He was supposed to cover our pottery class when our teacher was absent but sat outside the room doing his own thing until the head of the art department came in to tell us off for having a clay fight.

The guy's an idiot and I hope he isn't teaching any more.

Conversely my geography teacher (Mr P) was one of the strictest teachers in the school, but always made his lessons fun. He once gave half the class a detention for not doing homework (or whatever you call it in the US); instead of just writing out lines we actually learned interesting stuff about geography.

@TJPeople
    To be fair, when I talk about how things are done 'over here' I am referring to England, because I know certain things are done slightly differently in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

@Yardgames
    'Great Britain' consists of all the countries joined by land (England, Wales and Scotland).
    'The United Kingdom' consists of England, Wales, Scotland and Northen Ireland.
    'The British Empire' (which has severely diminished over the years) contained all the countries which recognised the British monarch as it's sovereign, and previously included Hong Kong and India (and possibly Australia and New Zealand but I'm not too sure about those)

You could call that a history lesson, to fit in with the title of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    You call them lessons in England? Interesting, they're called classes here in America.
    Actually i call them classes...i dunno why i put lesson. I guess i do say that often as well, but i mostly say class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Junior
    'Great Britain' consists of all the countries joined by land (England, Wales and Scotland).
    'The United Kingdom' consists of England, Wales, Scotland and Northen Ireland.
    'The British Empire' (which has severely diminished over the years) contained all the countries which recognised the British monarch as it's sovereign, and previously included Hong Kong and India (and possibly Australia and New Zealand but I'm not too sure about those)
    That's interesting...i never knew pratically all of that!
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)