Malcolm a looser?!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I read in my new Entertainment Weekly about all the ratings and such. They had rating winners and loosers. And lo and behold, on the section on Fox, I looked on the loosers list and there was Malcolm! I just started to think...how could a show this good be such a ratings looser?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, let's be honest, Malcolm's ratings aren't waht they used to be. It scored a 2.4/4 average rating with Bernie Mac for Blackout; in other words, Fox was behind UPN for that hour, and that, quite frankly, is rather sad. Since season five, the critics have pretty much hated MITM and loved Arrested Development. Six months ago, all we heard about was how angry all the critics were that Fox had ordered a new season of MITM but waited until the last minute to do so for AD. It doesn't really mean that much because it's an arbitrary decision and Fox has to show season seven in its entirety, so we'll see it sooner or later. But I wouldn't keep my hopes up too high for a season eight.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
like all good things, no one really understands/misses it until it's not here anymore. MITM will be missed after this season, and AD will be hated because it's not really a good show in my opinion. MITM Spin-offish if you ask me. My, ahem our, opinion is all that matters in my book, and I think that MITM is the best dang show on the air now (with Mythbusters coming on as second) Therfore, I am right and FOX can go... do something... to themselves... like die... or something else like that... or not...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Fox will suck without Malcolm. All they have other than MITM that I like is Family Guy. Hey, we need a member who is technically able to erect a wallpaper/avatar thing that says "FOX SUCKS" and make it with the Fox logo being pooped on or something. Get the user who made the pic of Malcolm and the family playing pool (who is that member?)

reese35

Speaking of criticism, I started a thread a few months after I joined, when TV Guide was still digest-sized. http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278&highlight=Guide

Anyhoo, it's like J. said - you never really understand a show until it's not there anymore. And seeing as this may be MitM's final season, maybe it'll finally get the recognition it deserves after demise. Speaking of Arrested Development, good news (to those of you that hate it, I mean) - Fox has recently reduced this season's episode order from 22 to 13.

reese35

Hey! I love the O.C.! Been watching it since it first premiered, the same year when I started watching/recording MitM on a regular basis.

AlexTheMartian

reese35 said:
Hey! I love the O.C.! Been watching it since it first premiered, the same year when I started watching/recording MitM on a regular basis.
The OC has too much drama for me, and if I ever watch a drama, there needs to be either action or suspense in most of it. for example Samllville has drama and action. I am not saying The OC sucks, just that I do not like it much. The only ep. I saw was when the band Rooney played, becuase i like a couple of their songs.

and the reason i dont like arrested development is becuase i just dont find it funny at all, and the camera shakes too much. That one I can not understand why people like it. I know critics love the show.. but do viewers? im guessing not, but correct me if i'm wrong

AlexTheMartian

reese35 said:
Speaking of criticism, I started a thread a few months after I joined, when TV Guide was still digest-sized. http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278&highlight=Guide

Anyhoo, it's like J. said - you never really understand a show until it's not there anymore. And seeing as this may be MitM's final season, maybe it'll finally get the recognition it deserves after demise. Speaking of Arrested Development, good news (to those of you that hate it, I mean) - Fox has recently reduced this season's episode order from 22 to 13.
i miss digest-sized tv guide... i never read the front magazine-type pages of it anyways, I always used it just to find out what is on and when, now over 3/4 of it is like Entertainment Weekly or magazines like that. I am a guy, what good is it if it is like any other entertainment magazine? also, now how can I find out what is on at 2am? .. it only has grids

I think malcolm is a loser most of the time as he's miserable and moody. He is at the age where people get moody but he is really bad!! He does although have a nice side to him as he's sometimes nice to girls but he leaves his friends out when he's with them!!

Malcolm

What friends?:Angry:

Besides, this is my last oportunity to get some girls! Im not sure about afterlife!:confused:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, that's true. It does seem like you have double personalities sometimes. :D But that doesn't mean we don't like you.

We haven't seen you here for awhile, where have you been? Anything new with Bryan?

Malcolm

Where have I been? I've been working, so I barely have time to do anything else.
Nothing new with Bryan, excepting of course the cooming eps of MitM.

PD- Double personality... why do you think that? :confused:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, because, as Samboo said, sometimes you act like Malcolm and sometimes you, uh, don't. Did that make sense?