Development of Jamie

admin

Retired Administrator
The recent season in my eyes is seeing Jamie really start to develop into one of the characters in the show. In previous seasons he was really a 2D character who was simply a prop, now he is having his own mini storylines and even his own episodes.

What are people's opinions on this newly developed character, have they developed him correctly, or should he have been made completely differently. Is he too similar in personality to the other boys or not close enough?

I look forward to seeing the Jamie storylines unfold when season seven finally hits the BBC in 2 years time! :D

Anyway thoughts, plus why is Jamie brandishing a saw in the "Blackout" episode! :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
To answer the question about the saw, Francis gave it to him as a "toy." The other question is too deep for me on a Sunday :D I'll get back to you. :)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I think Jamie is developing nicely. I like how they're using him more this season in a way that's actually important to the plot (e.g. Halloween, Blackout). He seems like he's going to be very similar to his brothers as far as his personality goes. We saw a good example of that in Lois battles Jamie. He also seems to be pretty smart for a kid his age. In Halloween, he found his way home all by himself. Plus, he's already figured out how to manipulate Reese (source: cold opener from Jessica Stays Over). Malcolm said himself that he was five before he figured out how dumb Reese was. Maybe he's another genius, but I guess we'll never know.