Malcolm in the Middle with Harry Potter

han_keep_smilin

i wish thet fox would do a special episone were they went to stay in a castle like hogwarts(harry potter) and they had to fight and cope with living thee it would be so funny seeing what they got up to and haw tay would cope i can imagen them like this

lois-bossing everyone around and being the new snape

hal-scared of everything and being as wierd as usual

reese-always getting himself into trouble and trying to make friends but gets given dirty looks

malcolm-picking on dewey and acting as a big swot

dewey- actin very innocen and angelic to the teachers and then getting up to mischeif

francis- he is hagrid the groundskeeper and gets a facination for insects and creatures

jamie- always getting himself traped in places and just haveing to sit and wait for someone to come and get him

samboo1

Re: malcolm in the middle with harry potter

Interesting. Im speechless. Francis as Hagrid. Very interesting. :D

admin

Retired Administrator
They did a Simpsons episode micky take of Harry Potter, I am not sure that it would work so well with Malcolm in the Middle though :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
MITM and HArry Potter , absolutely not! sorry, that idea make me shiver.......

Wemboy

I have to say that i think MITM is the complete antithesis of Harry Potter. HP is all cosy middle class britishness, he goes to boarding school, he never goes short of anything and his life is completely rooted in a made up magical world. It's popular because it doesn't really make any particularly challenging points about today's society and culture, it's "safe" if you like, for both adults and kids. MITM is about real life problems and situations; relationships, growing up, financial pressures, all stuff we actually have to deal with (as opposed to Dementors!). The closest thing Harry Potter has to MITM is the Weasleys, but they're still poles apart because they live a magical life. Basically, HP is pure escapism and fun, which is good as far as it goes; whereas MITM is the exact opposite, focused on real life, which is why it's so funny, and why it has so much appeal.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. Its fine to like 2 different shows/films but there's no need to stick em together! :D

Malcolm

A MitM movie... that would be cool. But, what would it be about? It would be like seeing an expanded episode of MitM. :(

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, we all know my view on this story: If you want to see an MITM movie, go watch Reese Joins the Army and Reese Comes Home, all combined. :)

Squeaky Yugi

Can anyone else imagine Lois barging in on Francis (as Hagris) and discovering his pet dragon? Imgine her going "DRAGON?!? YOU'VE BEEN HIDING A DRAGON?"

samboo1

Saw it yesterday...the new Harry Potter movie...still cant imagine it. Not like i was so sad to think of MITM all the way through;) ...the person i went with reminded me of this post so then i was thinking of it:D