MITM Mistakes / Goofs / Errors / Contradictions - Page 16
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MITM Mistakes / Goofs / Errors / Contradictions

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    Yes in the early seasons things like this happen now and again, at the time it was broadcast 4:3 so the hand would be cut off, also I think the monitors they where using where 4:3 even though the film was 16:9 widescreen.
    Sounds like a perfectly sound explanation! They should have monitored the monitors. On the other hand, it may be a surprise cameo by Thing from The Addams Family!

Rich

All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

In 4th season when Hal and Lois find out that Lois is pregnant, they talk about ways to save money. Hal says that it wouldn't kill anybody if they stopped wearing label clothes. Lois answered, that they are not wearing any. Not exactly right because almost whole family is wearing Puma shoes. Take a look:

(Click to zoom)

Now, take a look at these: http://www.google.pl/images?client=f...uma+s&gs_rfai=

As You can see, almost every model has the specific wave on the side, just like those from MITM.

If You pay attention You will notice that every character is almost aways wearing puma. It really looks like MITM had some agreement with Puma.

edit:

I found another one. In episode 18 of 4th season, Lois is in the last month of her pregnancy. This didn't seem to bother her and Hal. They had sex in the hotel. MITM crew obviously didn't know that pregnant women can only have sex before 4th month of pregnancy.

And another one. In episode 21 of 4th season, when Lois is giving a birth, once the baby is delivered, it's totally clean as You can see:

Just born children are always covered with blood all over them. Maybe they couldn't show it like that so it isn't too drastic or something but even though showing it perfectly clean is a goof.
    Last edited by Yasashii; Sep 5, 2010 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks a lot for your contribution, Yasashii! Yes, it's extremely likely that there was a product placement deal between Regency Television (who originally produced MITM), to promote as many Puma products as they could during the run of Malcolm in the Middle:

http://www.crownlimited.com/Assets/F...e_1_050303.pdf (from the 2003 annual report)

New Regency

Television and movie production company New Regency experienced strong growth off the back of improvement in the quality and depth of its film library, including the recent release of “Daredevil”, the ongoing success of its television joint venture with Fox, particularly with “Malcolm in the Middle”, and the increased value of its approximately 37% stake in PUMA.
    And it's not just "you've got to know it's Puma", because a few times it quite blatant, as in episode Rollerskates:

It does stretch the "we're a poor family" routine a bit, just as when I just found out that the shirt Lois wears for S5 is a Ralph Lauren creation!

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...php?photo=9433

See thread:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...highlight=puma

P.S. I'm not qualified to comment on having sex during pregnancy. I guess it depends on how you define 'sex'.
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Sep 10, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Quote Originally Posted by Yasashii View Post
    I found another one. In episode 18 of 4th season, Lois is in the last month of her pregnancy. This didn't seem to bother her and Hal. They had sex in the hotel. MITM crew obviously didn't know that pregnant women can only have sex before 4th month of pregnancy.
    I don't want to take this thread in a weird direction, but it is perfectly healthy for a pregnant woman to engage in sex all throughout her pregnancy as long as their are no pregnancy complications.

it is perfectly healthy for a pregnant woman to engage in sex all throughout her pregnancy as long as their are no pregnancy complications.
    And you know that basing on what exactly?

I've been pregnant and had conversations with my doctor about it.

Oh...

From the final of Season 2:

There are tons of these 16x9 'goofs'

I was watching the Pilot episode and this caught my eye. There's an apron that says Lloyd's with the same button "The L Stands For Value". Was Lois originally going to work for Lloyd's instead of the Lucky Aide?

Quote Originally Posted by PBUNDY View Post
    I was watching the Pilot episode and this caught my eye. There's an apron that says Lloyd's with the same button "The L Stands For Value". Was Lois originally going to work for Lloyd's instead of the Lucky Aide?
    Awesome find! First I've heard of it. But would make sense.
    Need help? Email Me Here