MITM Mistakes / Goofs / Errors / Contradictions

tedwilder

"Originally Posted by Seosamh
At the end of Lois vs. Evil (Season 1 Episode 9) Malcolm speaks to camera with several children moving in the background. One boy doesn't know where or when to move and he tries to speak to someone off camera. In the end he gives up, shrugs his shoulders and walks off.
"
Well it's more than that. that boy looks like he has a gemini ( of course not) : If you see right after the "error" malcolm talks to the girl : the kid holding the book is behind him, malcolm left : the same boy is at the opposite side of the table in the sun holding the same red book, then again he is behind him in final shot !

in episode 3 S 1, "home alone" as already said we can see the fake studio ceiling of the living room at 11:48 and at severals others time ( that was already reported ) but also at 14:15 when they run for the car to go to the hospital we can see the whole crew, steady cam operator etc, in the reflection of the window.. we can also see the inside of the house when they open the door : it's not at all like we see the house from the inside. we can see a wall and a white sofa in front of it where in the show it's the kitchen. also they are cardboards on floor. It detroys the magic :(
I suggest you use Videolan.org player so you can Zoom any part of video while playing in slow motion).

Last edited:

tedwilder

Episode 15 - season3

at 16:14 , piana( or whatever) talks to lois . She is wearing a bracelet : it's on her arm, next shot it's on her hand.
by the way I just watched " breaking bad" season 1 and 2 as the main character is played by " Hal " ( dont remember his real name). He 's such a good actor . I advise you to watch this serie.

Richiepiep

Administrator
at 16:14 , piana( or whatever) talks to lois . She is wearing a bracelet : it's on her arm, next shot it's on her hand.
by the way I just watched " breaking bad" season 1 and 2 as the main character is played by " Hal " ( dont remember his real name). He 's such a good actor . I advise you to watch this serie.

Her character is called 'Piama'. And you mean Bryan Cranston! Yes, he's a very good, versatile actor. He won an Emmy Award for 'Breaking Bad' last year! Look at the home page of this site for a Question and Answer session with him, for the most part on 'Breaking Bad'.

Rich

Lparsons7981

Woo hoo another BB fan. It's my number 2 show right after MITM :D

I don't know if this was said, but in the Monkey episode, Lois seems out of character when she gets scared when the burglar breaks in. I know often people would get scared, but she seems like the type to confront the burglar.
Also, in the "If Boys Were Girls" episode, Malcolm punches Reese hard in the face. In many of the past episodes Malcolm really didn't beat people up other than a 7-year-old(correct me if I'm wrong). Plus Reese is supposed to be the bully, so wouldn't he just hit back rather than get scared of Malcolm?

Lparsons7981

I don't know if this was said, but in the Monkey episode, Lois seems out of character when she gets scared when the burglar breaks in. I know often people would get scared, but she seems like the type to confront the burglar.
Also, in the "If Boys Were Girls" episode, Malcolm punches Reese hard in the face. In many of the past episodes Malcolm really didn't beat people up other than a 7-year-old(correct me if I'm wrong). Plus Reese is supposed to be the bully, so wouldn't he just hit back rather than get scared of Malcolm?

I don't remember the burglar reaction (except Hal's :D) I'll have to look out for that next time I see it. And yes, I certainly wouldn't want to find Lois in a house I was breaking into :D

In If boys were girls, if I remember correctly Malcolm really got him good, Reese was more hit with a bruised ego iirc. He couldn't live down that Malcolm knocked him on his behind. (Until he wanted to fight the old lady, one of my favorite MITM moments ever :)

tedwilder

susson / suçon on Reese

Hello I found out that Reese has a suçon on his neck in episode jessica stays over : s7 e05 at 03:46 .
( sorry I dont know the english word for "suçon" : it's the bruise mark you get when somone give you a kiss on the neck and suck it very hard)

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hello I found out that Reese has a suçon on his neck in episode jessica stays over : s7 e05 at 03:46 .
( sorry I dont know the english word for "suçon" : it's the bruise mark you get when somone give you a kiss on the neck and suck it very hard)

Now, that's very interesting find ;). Thanks for the detective work! Now, who would be the perpetrator?! :p

By the way, it's called a 'hickey' in English, or less idiomatically, 'love bite'. The origin of the word 'hickey' is unknown, alas.

I like 'suçon' too. That's from 'sucer', 'to suck', right?

Merci bien,

Rich

Love at first bite ;)

tedwilder

s6 e03

hello in episode 2 busey's run away , ( s 6 e 02 ) from 08:51 to 09:20 dewey is reading a book in his bed, his head lies on the pillow. But each time the other camera show the 2 brothers, we see the whole head of dewey which is impossible if he's lying..
(error in title it's episode 2 not 3 )

Last edited:

tedwilder

roast beef

Hello on Season 3 E 17 dewey's dog : the beef that was eating the dog is not the one that dewey eat at 09:45 .
the beef the dog is eating is smaller then the one that appears when Dewey jump on the table. ( luckly for the actor.. I wouldnt like to eat after a dog.. :) so I guess they take the shot in the opposite time line ).
Ps: do you have any idea what episode is that when Hal try to quit coffee drinking ?

Richiepiep

Administrator
Ps: do you have any idea what episode is that when Hal try to quit coffee drinking ?

Great sleuthing again, Ted! A worthy successor to Maigret or should I say Inspecteur Canardo? ;)

The episode is Reese vs. Stevie (7.3). What started it off, was that Hal caught Dewey smoking.

Rich

Last edited:

Seal87

anybody know about tvtome - i mean it cover loads of shows and get tons of details such as all the goofs etc - who runs it? they must spend all there time on it!

It's a collaboration, like any successful web site. They let a lot of fans of the show put details to them.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
It's a collaboration, like any successful web site. They let a lot of fans of the show put details to them.

Welcome Seal87, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Wow, thats an old post to dig up. TVTome's long gone.

flipfreak4

I noticed this one yesterday: in ''Block Party'' - I think it's 5x08 - when Malcolm is watching the Squaredy Cats perform, there are two shots for the scene - one taken from behind, the other from the front.

In the front shot, Malcolm is clearly in the middle of the crowd (ie. There are lots of people behind him) but in the other shot he's evidently right at the back, so there's no-one to push past when he goes to watch the kids fighting with the Silly Spray. They swap between angles at least twice so it's not like Malcolm could have moved offscreen.

Probably someone's already spotted this...I was just excited to have found one on my own!

Also, and I'm not really sure on this one, but in Dewey's Special Class, Dewey is watching the Krelboynes playing in a mini orchestra through the classroom window - and I think I can pick out Malcolm's group of Krelboyne friends (Lloyd, Dabney and Eraserhead) amongst the group of kids. Surely they should be at high school with Malcolm? I'm not saying it definitely is them and someone more observant than me will probably prove me wrong, but it seems like a strange coincidence. :)

Seal87

Welcome Seal87, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Wow, thats an old post to dig up. TVTome's long gone.

Well it's not called that anymore but when you try to go there it takes you to what it has become. Tv.com or something. Being a show collector, I often will consult it for episode lists. It still serves that purpose for me.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I noticed this one yesterday: in ''Block Party'' - I think it's 5x08 - when Malcolm is watching the Squaredy Cats perform, there are two shots for the scene - one taken from behind, the other from the front.

In the front shot, Malcolm is clearly in the middle of the crowd (ie. There are lots of people behind him) but in the other shot he's evidently right at the back, so there's no-one to push past when he goes to watch the kids fighting with the Silly Spray. They swap between angles at least twice so it's not like Malcolm could have moved offscreen.

Probably someone's already spotted this...I was just excited to have found one on my own!

Also, and I'm not really sure on this one, but in Dewey's Special Class, Dewey is watching the Krelboynes playing in a mini orchestra through the classroom window - and I think I can pick out Malcolm's group of Krelboyne friends (Lloyd, Dabney and Eraserhead) amongst the group of kids. Surely they should be at high school with Malcolm? I'm not saying it definitely is them and someone more observant than me will probably prove me wrong, but it seems like a strange coincidence. :)

Thanks, Filpfreak! I will get to this when I'm reviewing these episodes and posting production stills and making some screen captures for our Gallery.

Rich

flipfreak4

Found another one!

attachment.php

attachment.php

In the OTS shot Reese is holding a pink checked shirt which isn't visible in the front shot. (I'm hoping these screen shots are going to work)

The episode is 4x10 If Boys were Girls.

MITM_Fan

LOL! I didn't know Gameboy's could play roms. :p

I found this error in some episode of season 1.

Reese playing GameBoy without a cartidge.

301preu.jpg

I'm not sure but it's either a GameBoy Pocket or Colour (White version, obvious).