What are you doing for halloween?

samboo1

What is everyone here doing for halloween? Im trick or treating, i think. If i can persuade my parents that 13 isnt too old! Its totally not!!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Well im going rounds a friedsn for a partay (any excuss) no trick or treating for me. never really been into it. 13 is ok, as long as you dont come to my house and do nasty thing! :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Um, something non-band related, no, something to to with band, yes. Halloween Parade, the Trumpet section are being Mexicans. (Do we have anyone from Mexico on the fourms, I don't think so.)

Otherwise, I think I'll give out candy to kids.

admin

Retired Administrator
I might go to the cinema or something - but thats only because I've got the day off school, not because its halloween.

We don't get trickle treaters round here, no one bothers coming up the road through the two fields, along the single track lane and up a hill into a dead end road.

Emrysgirl

College applications...what else?:D

Early decision deadline is Tuesday, so I suspect I'll be up all night Monday editing my essays etc. I was up till 4:30am writing the rough drafts yesterday (And then I had to wake up at 5:30), so I'm kinda terrified of how long the actual final drafts will take.

Reesefan639

I was trick or treating with my freind, mr malcom, but now my mum is taking me to a halloween p[arty, with him. I get the day of school though, and he doesn't!!!!!:Tongue::Tongue:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Halloween is a very Christian Holiday. It's the day before All Souls Day, and was orginally called 'All Hallow's Eve.' I's also the day Martin Luter nailed his 95 Thesis on the door of the church in Wittenburg, Germany.

Hey, if your not allowed, or your parents don't let you, that's fine and all, but accuatly, it's a more religious holiday then most people think.

packer-backer

Thats what I thought too. I think that is just and excuse she uses because she wants me to be safe. She lets me go to halloween partys and festivals and stuff like that.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Probably nothing. My road is too dark for trick or treaters. They all go to the neighborhoods where houses are close together. It'll just be a normal night unless I walk around with my 2yr old neice for trick or treating just to have something to do. I miss the good ole days when Halloween was exciting.

samboo1

I just got back from trick or treating:D I didnt get half as much candy as i did last year though! Still good:D

I went trick or treating for a bit. It was hilarious!! I dressed up as a domented clown and wore boxing gloves. There were these people who gave us gone off popcorn and others gave us raisins!! I liked the other sweets though. I got kit kats, random chocolates etcetera. I gotta say that i prefer carol singing!!!

samboo1

Yeah i love carol singing!!
I dressed up as a pumpkin but my mask was making me unable to breathe so i turned it round so i just looked like someone dressed in black with a balck veil thing over my face.
It annoys me when people get pumpkins and decorations and then they turn you away.:mad: I mean why decorate!!?
BTW american members...am i right in saying you called pumpkins, Jack o lanterns?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
samboo1 said:
BTW american members...am i right in saying you called pumpkins, Jack o lanterns?

We call them Jack O Lanterns after they have been carved out with a face (or whatever design you want to put on it). Otherwise, they're just plain old pumpkins. :D Do you guys carve faces on your pumpkins for halloween?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Welcome to the forums! We hope you have fun here. I have to ask you not to use txt speech, since some of our members are non-native English speakers, it can make it difficult to understand. Thank you for understanding. :)