MITMVC: Season 2 DVD Cover Box Art Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Retired Administrator
Re: MITMVC: Season 2 Box Art Contest

Wildcat said:
I was bored so I thought I'd give it a shot :)

I am very impresssed those are superb! :D This contest is really turning quite intesting now, I can tell that its going to be a close one!

I know I don't tend to publicely mention rep points, but I strongly encourage you guys to repute these designers as you see fit! :D Some of them have put a lot of effort into some amazing pieces of work and I feel that they should all be rewarded accordingly. Remember though whichever members you give reputation to is still a private issue. Do not mention it here, as it may upset other members.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Those are amense! i need to get my designing hat on if im gunna win! :D

Im after the font used in the 1 of the mitm logo's not funky2 but the other 1, anyone know what its called? and where i can get it?

thanks

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Here my first attempt, would appricate feedback, its good to be critical :D

Im not sure bout the season two font, if any1 knows of a better font id be grateful.

samboo1

Wow TJ thats so cool! I think the season 2 font looks fine. Thats a good first attempt!

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

I agree, TJ you really did a great job. And I really love the two covers Wildcat did.

admin

Retired Administrator

tjpeople said:
Here my first attempt, would appricate feedback, its good to be critical :D

Im not sure bout the season two font, if any1 knows of a better font id be grateful.

A fantastic cover, the Season 2 font looks fine. I look forward to seeing the final version(s) :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

admin said:
A fantastic cover, the Season 2 font looks fine. I look forward to seeing the final version(s) :D

well its as final as i think it needs 2 be unless people have suggestions. I could do variations, or somethin compeletly different tho.

admin

Retired Administrator

tjpeople said:
well its as final as i think it needs 2 be unless people have suggestions. I could do variations, or somethin compeletly different tho.

Some variations would be cool, its a great design idea. Come up with as many as you can, they more you enter the more times you can win! :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

That's really good, TJ. It's simple, like the season 1 cover. I like it, because it really makes MITM stick out. Very nice job. Although you're right, I'm not so fond of the season two font used. Maybe Funky2 would work, otherwise you're right the other season 1 font would be perfect there.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Great job TJ! I think the season 2 font looks good too. I can't wait to see what else you have planned!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

samboo1 said:
I cant see Wildcat's covers:(

That's strange. I tried to upload them again, but it won't let me.

Thanks for your compliments everyone :D Though I have to admit that I took an art elective last year where I learned to use adobe photoshop. Does that give me an unfair advantage? If you guys think so I won't enter them officially. If anyone needs any help with photoshop let me know!

admin

Retired Administrator

Wildcat said:

Thanks for your compliments everyone :D Though I have to admit that I took an art elective last year where I learned to use adobe photoshop. Does that give me an unfair advantage? If you guys think so I won't enter them officially. If anyone needs any help with photoshop let me know!

It does not matter if you have experience or not, you have created some excelelnt entries which throughly deserve to be entered into the contest. I look forward to anymore you may make in the future as well! The more times you enter the more chance you will have of winning! :D

samboo1

Wildcat said:
Its fine. Theres been a problem with me and this thread. I cant see half of the posts. Lol.:cool:

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

admin said:
It does not matter if you have experience or not, you have created some excelelnt entries which throughly deserve to be entered into the contest. I look forward to anymore you may make in the future as well!

Thanks admin. I might play around with it and see what else I can come up with. :)

samboo1

I thought i would make another but im lost for ideas! And im pathetic with photoshop programs. Anyway im still thinking.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Thanks guys, im glad you liked my design. ill do more sumtime.

Its a shame there arnt more official mitm s2 images, that would help.

reese35

4 new ones just in! The first 3, the MITM logo takes a side turn. The 2nd one - the top photos are gray, leaving Malcolm fully colored. The 3rd one - same variation, but with Malcolm truly 'in the middle.' The 4th one - a family photo - plain and simple, with the byline "There's more to the Wilkersons than meets the eye." I'll try backgrounds next.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Nice i like em, i like the grey style ones cuase i means to many photos dont stand out and crowd it. My only concern is with the 4th one where you say 'wilkersons' i dont think that really works as it never been there 'official' name, and few people (excluding us hardcore fans) associate it with them. maybe Malcolm and Family would be better :S

Status
Not open for further replies.