MITMVC: Season 2 DVD Cover Box Art Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Retired Administrator
This is our second official contest to date, this one is for the more artistic of you, but anyone can give it a go!

We want to produce a box art contest for Season 2, that is to say we want you to design the front cover of the season 2 box.

There are a few parameters for entering this contest.

Firstly the "DVD Video" logo must appear on you box
Secondly the words "Malcolm in the Middle"
Thirdly the words "Season 2"
You can put any other pictures/text you want on, even an age certificate.

The final picture should be a jpeg or png, up to 150KB in size. You may enter the contest as many times as you like.

The dimensions of the image should be around 328 x 475 roughly the shape of a DVD box.

I have attached the Season 1 boxset art to give an example. It doesn't have to be complex or anything, just simple and effective.

All entrance will go to a public vote on the 1st of January, so you have a lot of time to get an entry made, simply upload it in this thread.

The winner will recieve 500 reputation points, the stakes will be increased dependant on the number of entrances.

Good Luck! :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Re: MITMVC: Season 2 Box Art Contest

Sounds good, i think i will have a go. does fox have any official images for season 2? does anybody know?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

thanks :D they pretty good ill see what i can do with them.

i wanna get my hands on season 2 and i'm gonna design the cover too but all i wanna know is how do i get it to you?

admin

Retired Administrator

You can get it to me by uploading it within the forums, by clicking "Manage Attachments" when creating a new post, if this is not possible send it to the webmaster @ malcolminthemiddle . co . uk email address.

The more entries the better! Feel free to do hundres if you like! :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

I couldn't wait to be creative so i just created 3 dvd covers after reading this thread (actually it's always the same layout but a different background). I didn't really think about them a lot before doing, so they are not that good :D , I think.
Maybe I'll create one or two more some time later.

CJman327

Wow! The second one is GREAT!!!!!! Mine doesn't stand a CHANCE against that!:D How did you do it?! The first and second are my favorites. The third isn't as good but I do love it, I just think the 2nd one looked WAY mroe complex!!!!!:)

admin

Retired Administrator

Dabney said:
I couldn't wait to be creative so i just created 3 dvd covers after reading this thread (actually it's always the same layout but a different background). I didn't really think about them a lot before doing, so they are not that good :D , I think.
Maybe I'll create one or two more some time later.

Absolutely fantastic Dabney! :D Really are good. I look forward to seeing other peoples entry or entries!

I tried to send my idea to you but i'm not sure if it worked!! I don't think it did, by the way i definately can't get the picture on here!!

Dabney, yours are all amazing!!

samboo1

Heres a something to start me off. Its rubbish this one though:rolleyes: . I think the title is the worst bit b/c they dont use funky2 on the actual case so...you can also see wear i have faded it because it went wonky on Malcolm.Well i am gonna edit it and make it better but for now...

admin

Retired Administrator

samboo1 said:
Heres a something to start me off. Its rubbish this one though:rolleyes: . I think the title is the worst bit b/c they dont use funky2 on the actual case so...you can also see wear i have faded it because it went wonky on Malcolm.Well i am gonna edit it and make it better but for now...

Its pretty good for a starter, look forward to seeing the finshed results :D

admin

Retired Administrator

MalcolmReeseDewey said:
I tried to send my idea to you but i'm not sure if it worked!! I don't think it did, by the way i definately can't get the picture on here!!

Dabney, yours are all amazing!!
The email address deliberatly had spaces inbetween the @ and dots make sure you removed them before emailling it.

I did though!! All i wanna know is how do you get the picture under attached thumbnails on the screen!!? I have to find out soon. Also the e-mail didn't work for some reason. Please tell me as i need to know!!

Hendrix

This is one I don't really like but I'll start on something way better next.

Hendrix

This is in the vein of the S1 box but with Francis(S3 would have Reese, S4 would have Lois, S5 would have Hale, S6 would have Dewey, S7 would have Malcolm again)

P.S. I have to put the DVD Logo on still. I'll do that later.

admin

Retired Administrator

A pretty good start Hendrix, they look very promising, and I'm sure that if made with slightly better graphics software they would look superb! I especially like your idea of an indivdual character per season - reminds me of Friends.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

I like your first one better, Hendrix, but I miss Dewey on it. But the second one is also good, nice idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.