MITMVC: Season 2 DVD Cover Box Art Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Re: MITMVC: Season 2 Box Art Contest

@reese35 yea, that better! :D dw bout it, its just me being picky.

yardgames said:
How come Stevie is in a family portrait? (@Mike)
Its an official photo, i surpose they just wanted him in it as he is in the other pics for season2. werid tho.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

TJ--would you mind telling me where you found the MITM font that you used on your cover? I can't find it anywhere!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Which font are you on about? There the logo which is just an image cant find that font anywhere, and there's the font i wrote 'SEason Two' in. is that the one your after?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

No, I was looking for the font that "Malcolm in the Middle" is written in. It's the same font that's on the season 1 dvd cover, which you were looking for earlier. I thought you'd found it, but I guess not. I tried searching google, but the only thing I can find is funky2. :cool:

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I believe TJ used the actual image, not a font, for his design, but you would have to ask him to confirm.

reese35

For my first background check, using PowerPoint and Paint, this was the best I could do.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Nice job Reese35. I really like your layout. The abstract look is nice for something different, but I think I would be even better just to leave him normal. :)

@David--what's the font that you used on this week's episode banner? (the one that says "Secret Boyfriend" at the top)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

yardgames said:
I believe TJ used the actual image, not a font, for his design, but you would have to ask him to confirm.

Yes its an image, i was looking for that font and have not found it :(

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Here's another one. I couldn't find the right font, but this one's fairly close. :D

samboo1

Thats really good! Yeah the font is close to the one you were looking for. Well done:D

admin

Retired Administrator

Wildcat said:
Here's another one. I couldn't find the right font, but this one's fairly close. :D

Very impressive, once again! :D

There are so many entries to this competition now, when I started it I thought we'd be lucky to get 1 entrant let alone over 20! :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :D You're right David, the contest is doing really good. There will probably be a lot more entries before January. I really like seeing how creative everyone is!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

I likes it, however if i may make a constructive comment, i feel the red is a like bloodish and slightly sinister :S maybe a more muted red on less of a contrast with the black would be better.

admin

Retired Administrator

tjpeople said:
I likes it, however if i may make a constructive comment, i feel the red is a like bloodish and slightly sinister :S maybe a more muted red on less of a contrast with the black would be better.
Lol there is some truth in that, looking at it again it looks a bit Halloweeny! But its still great don't get me wrong :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Thanks for the tip TJ and David. It's funny because I was mad at someone and in a bad mood when I was working on it. Maybe that's why it turned out sinister looking. :D I will try some other colors, or a different red like you suggested and see how it looks.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

No, they're wrong. Dont' listen to them. It's good just the way you have it.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

yardgames said:
No, they're wrong. Dont' listen to them. It's good just the way you have it.

Thanks yardgames! :D I went ahead and tried some other colors too--a darker red and blue for a little variety. I think TJ's right, the darker red does look better. It matches Malcolm's shirt. :) I'm reposting the first one too because I had to edit something minor that was really bugging me (I'm just picky like that.) See which one you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.