Company Picnic
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Company Picnic

Default Company Picnic

I watched the episode "Company Picnic" a while back, but I was confused? What was wrong with Hal's new boss, and why did he decide to "fire" him?

Default Re: Company Picnic

That was quite an ingenious plot. See, Hal's boss thought that Hal was his boss. Hal didn't want to admit he was actually his subordinate, so he decided to fire his own boss instead. Only MITM could pull something like that off.

I'm going to have to watch the episode again. I just taped it from the syndication run. I guess I wasn't paying very much attention to WHY Hal was freaked out about meeting his boss.
    PecanSandies

Hal Wilkerson Fangirl

i watched this episode 1 month ago.yardgames is right..first he saw boss and talked him.then the boss though hal was his boss.
    CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM................

The episode is actually a two-parter (or was it an hour episode split for syndication?), so I was wondering why UPN 35 was repeating the same episode twice when I looked at the discription for this afternoon's episodes on the DirecTV guide.
    I don't believe that Hal actually talked to his boss in part 1, or maybe I might have missed it.
    PecanSandies

Hal Wilkerson Fangirl

Actually it´s kind of confusing since you don´t know the family´s surname (at least it has never been mentioned on the show). So the first time Hal´s boss calls him Mr. Landon it´s actually not obvious that he mixed up the names. But I´m not sure, I haven´t seen this episode for a long time.

I like how Hal turned "Mr. Landon" into his alias, so the boss never actually met THE Hal.

I wonder if in the final season we'll finally figure out the name of the company Hal works for.
    It seems like we know everything about Lois (She works at Lucky Aid, ect), but things about Hal remain secret, such as the name of his workplace, his (And the family's) last name.

I still use Wilkerson as the default last name like everyone else, but I know it could turn out to be something else.
    PecanSandies

Hal Wilkerson Fangirl

That´s interesting. You´re right, it seems like we know a lot more about Lois than about Hal. We know both of her parents (we´ve only seen Hal´s father once), we know where she works, we know that Victor had another family and we can even guess her age since she turned 38 in Lois´birthday.
    It seems like Hal´s work is supposed to remain a secret. Not even Bryan Cranston knows what Hal does for his living. (I read an interview where he said it would be good if they made an episode about Hal´s work and where you can see what he´s doing all day long). The only thing we know is that he can´t stand his work.
    I think I missed some important things. How did Lois get her job back after she got fired in "Reese joins the army"?

I don't recall how Lois got her job back. Craig maybe? We don't know what Hal's job is, but it's important to remember that it changed early in season six. DId we learn about it then, I really don't remember.

I recall at some point that he went from the office to working at a store similar to Circuit City and Best Buy where his co-workers were total slackers.
    PecanSandies

Hal Wilkerson Fangirl