Reese vs. Stevie Reaction and Analysis
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reese vs. Stevie Reaction and Analysis

Default Re: Spoilers: 703 Reese vs. Stevie

Halarious Reese vs. RoboStevie!!! I choked laughing. Excellent close! Great episode.

alleyboy
    Reese: You just gotta calm down, turn off your brain.
    Malcolm: You cant just turn off your brain. Reese: Sure you can, I do it all the time, just watch. Malcolm: You can't just turn off your...Reese?...Reese?

Reese: oh man, how long was I out?

hmmmmmmmm. I dont know. I didnt feel it was brilliant. It's called Reese vs Stevie but i personally thought it was more about Dewey and Hal. Good fight in the end though. Hilarious Reese numbing his legs!
    But sadly...still no Francis
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

Yeah! I personally think it deserves a spot in the top 20 in my case! But yeah, I thought the exact same thing. It never really showed the Reese/Stevie thing until the end. And we never got to see the fight! I personally don't really care when Francis will come back because he disspaeared off the face of the earth and nobody ahs no idea what he's doing now. Did he get fired from the Grotto? So many questions! And yet not related to this thread! . So, anyway. I do like Francis(along with this episode! )and thought the ending was funny. And the Hal/Dewey plotline was brilliant! And the surprise to me was that Jamie's first words were:"Shut up!". And guess what I noticed? In Clip Show 2 Hal said that Francis's first words were "You shut up!". . Anyway, I don't think this episode deserves much criticizm. Give it some good rating, Admin, please!
    --CJman327

@Samboo1 - Thats exactly what i thought. hmmmm is my exact remark after the episode ended. I kind of have mixed feelings about it, but in my opinion, it is probably the best episode of the season so far.

Full review coming soon.

More follows.....

I really enjoyed the randomness of this episode. Everything seemed so scatterbrain-ish, it was funny. I found myself unable to stop laughing during the scene where Hal and Dewey were playing catch in their pajamas in the middle of the night. It was so random that it was funny. Dewey drinking coffee while Hal smoked was hilarious also!

There were a couple of items that I wasn't so happy about, though. First, Hal's reaction to Dewey smoking seemed, while funny, sort of awkward and unnatural. Did anyone else get the feeling that Cranston didn't act surprised enough there? As far as Reese facing off against Stevie, the beginning seemed rather rushed, just like Burning Man. Like the writers tried to get past the explanation quickly so we had more time for the rest of the plot. It's not that that's bad, just that I'm going to have to get used to this new style of writing, because I'm not used to things happening so quickly. In the past, the ep would be half done before it starting having anything to do with the title. I guess it's more or less your personal preference.

I didn't understand Malcolm's explanation of Reese near the end; I think he said "Reese isn't allowed out of bed until he stops eating four of everything." Did I hear that right? What in the world does that mean??

Default Re: Reese vs. Stevie Reaction and Analysis

eating four of everything
    Ha ha! I'm not making fun of what you wrote. It's just funny! . No, YG, he said SEEing four of everything. And yeah, the episode was kind of random. But the promo really gave away the Robo-Stevie thing.

I wondered that as well! Im sure he said that.
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

Quote Originally Posted by CJman327
    Ha ha! I'm not making fun of what you wrote. It's just funny! . No, YG, he said SEEing four of everything. And yeah, the episode was kind of random. But the promo really gave away the Robo-Stevie thing.
    Ok, so it's physically impossible for Reese to get out of bed? Is it because he sat in ice for an hour?

I guess he would be able to walk again as soon as his legs warmed up again, unless he got frostbite in his legs/feet--Ouch!

This was definitely my fav. episode so far this season, but I agree it was more about Dewey and Hal than Reese and Stevie. I loved the little brotherly exchange between Malcolm and Reese at the end. It was sweet and it showed us that real reason Reese wanted to fight Stevie was because he was jealous about all the time Malcolm spends with Stevie instead of him. I have to give Reese credit for trying to make it a fair fight though.

For someone so smart, Malcolm is an idiot when it comes to social grace. That was so rude how he told Stevie that he would be a cripple for ever and his dad's attempts for him to walk were a waste of time!

I'm kinda surprised that they did an episode that focused on Reese being a bully/thug again. It seems like they've kind of gotten away from that role for him in the past two seasons or so. I don't think he beat up anybody in season 6. I guess he hasn't changed much, even though we haven't actually seen it. Anyway, great episode! I do hope Francis shows up soon though.

Malcolm is a social wreck! . And during the fight, YG, Reese couldn't run away from Stevie and yelled, "This isn't fair! I can't walk! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". And then Stevie started pounding him to death so basically he had numb legs and a completely beaten up head, leaving Malcolm to say, "He's not allowed to get out of bed until he stops seeing four or everything."