Dewey's Teaser - Oct 21

Dewey

Minimalistic
A word quiz for today:

Mix the 1st & 12th letters of the alphabet with the letters of a certain European country to make the name of a non-European country.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I got it, but I'll wait awhile to post my answer so someone else has a chance since it hasn't been up that long. :)

Dewey

Minimalistic
Correct. :)

I shall still post another one tomorrow, but here is a quickie for tonight:

If rocks live in a rockery and worms live in a wormery, what lives in an apiary?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
The logical answer is apes, but it's actually bees that live in an apiary. Ok, I admit, I had to google it. :)

Emrysgirl

Dewey said:
Mix the 1st & 12th letters of the alphabet with the letters of a certain European country to make the name of a non-European country.

Oh wow...totally misread that one:eek::eek::D. The last time I read it, I missed the "of the alphabet with the letters" part. So, I thought we were looking for a European country whoose 1st and 12th letters mixed together gave the name of another country (I was looking for initials - like US). So much easier than what I thought it was!

CJman327

Can I come up with one? Here it goes WARNING! This is incredibly hard!:) :

1 book had 67 pages. One book 93 pages. One book had all it's pages ripped out. The 4th book had 176 pages. The 5th book had 245 pages. The 6th book had 152 pages. And the 7th book had 39 pages. What answer would you have if you added the entire book(including the cover of the book and the back)together? Here are the two ones:

The one with no pages.
The 1st and 4th book.

What answer do you have? Now do these things:

Get rid of the 1 in 176 on the 4th book and reverse the 76.
Take the one book with no pages and take 2 pages away from the first book.

What do they have in common now? What do they ALL have in common? Can you figure this teaser out?

This teaser will teach you that sometimes you shoudn't stick to your first instinct. That stupid teasers like this one aren't really filling your brain with useless knowledge.:D
--CJman327

W

we_dye

Can I come up with one? Here it goes WARNING! This is incredibly hard!:) :

1 book had 67 pages. One book 93 pages. One book had all it's pages ripped out. The 4th book had 176 pages. The 5th book had 245 pages. The 6th book had 152 pages. And the 7th book had 39 pages. What answer would you have if you added the entire book(including the cover of the book and the back)together? Here are the two ones:

The one with no pages.
The 1st and 4th book.

What answer do you have? Now do these things:

Get rid of the 1 in 176 on the 4th book and reverse the 76.
Take the one book with no pages and take 2 pages away from the first book.

What do they have in common now? What do they ALL have in common? Can you figure this teaser out?

This teaser will teach you that sometimes you shoudn't stick to your first instinct. That stupid teasers like this one aren't really filling your brain with useless knowledge.:D
--CJman327
Wow, that is really difficult. I am having a hard time getting my brain around the question, so I have next to no chance figuring out the answer. :)

Has anybody else been able to figure this one out?

Last edited: