If you could be one of the main characters...
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could be one of the main characters...

Default If you could be one of the main characters...

Who would you choose and why?

I think I would probably choose Reese, the reason being I have a similar life to Malcolm (except the depressing parts!) and it would be interesting to see what things are like without lots of pressure on you or people expecting high things.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: If you could be one of the main 5 characters...

Erm...would it be weird to pick a guy? Theres basically no females to pick, apart from Lois, and i dont really want to be her.
    Well anyway,i too, would pick Reese.
    Because i like (how we saw on stupid girl) how he never worries about things and is a laid back guy with no pressure on himself. Malcolm is too obsessed with people liking him.
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

I'm a girl too--you're right, we're pretty limited. Anyway, I would pick Reese too. He may not be the brightest, but he seems to be the happiest out of all the boys cause he doesn't let stuff bother him. He knows how to have fun, but he can also be serious and thoughtful when he needs to as well. I guess in real life, I'm more like Malcolm because I obsess over stuff. So it would be nice to be more like Reese and not worry about everything for a change.

I would pick Reese also because Reese is tuff and talented. He can cook. I cook, but never as great as him. I noticed the flaming deserts. MMMM. I also like more like Malcolm in all with the complaing...

I would pick Malcolm. Although he has more to stress about in the immediate, in the long run, he'll do fine. I don't think I could say that for Reese.

Also, in the more recent eps, I don't think Reese is completely without worries or problems. He may not have definite/numerical concerns such as grades or test scores. But, he has a pretty depressing lifestyle - no friends, a family that doesn't respect him, no clear future.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

I would argue that Reese doesn't have those problems. From a third person point of view, it appears that he does, but he doesn't care; he doesn't see them as problems, and so even if they are problems, they aren't going to get solved because Reese doesn't see them as problems and it's encessary for him to see them as problems since they are, after all, his problems.

But, he has a pretty depressing lifestyle - no friends, a family that doesn't respect him, no clear future.
    Reese has a future. He's going to be a famous chef one day with his own program on the food channel and everything! Well, that's my theory anyway--can't speak for the show's writers who actually control these things. I think chefs make a lot of money too so maybe he'll be ok after all.

I would pick dewey. Actually i wanted to be Malcolm, but if I was Malcolm, I could not meet the real Malcolm which was kind of sad. So I had to be someone else of the wilkersons (because i like that family a lot ). I wouldn't want to be Reese, because in my opinion he is just that brainless bully (Reese fans, forgive me ). Futhermore I wouldn't want to be Lois (too much trouble with my kids) or Hal (crazy. okay, i'm crazy, too, but if i had the luck to be in a tv show, why not have a nicer character?). Francis is not very often at home and Jamie is too young. So Dewey remains. And it would also be nice to have such a nice musical talent and stuff.

Personally i'd probably be Dewey because he's really cool, small and he gets away with anything. He's also the favourite which would be cool!! He hardly ever gets grounded and he's the good one that doesn't interfere with Reese and Malcolms pranks. I agree with Dabney that Reese is just a mindless bully. Malcolm is also smart to get into trouble. Dewey is young, cool and a great character to be!!
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!

I haven't posted on here in some time!

I think I'd be Malcolm. I've always wondered what it would be like to be a genius. Although he does have his fair share of problems, he seems to come through them okay. But to have a mind like his and to know people like the Krelboynes...I think it would be kind of fun.

Andy Gibb aged 12 (1970) and River Phoenix