If you could be one of the main characters...

admin

Retired Administrator
Who would you choose and why?

I think I would probably choose Reese, the reason being I have a similar life to Malcolm (except the depressing parts!) and it would be interesting to see what things are like without lots of pressure on you or people expecting high things.

Any thoughts?

samboo1

Re: If you could be one of the main 5 characters...

Erm...would it be weird to pick a guy? Theres basically no females to pick, apart from Lois, and i dont really want to be her.:D
Well anyway,i too, would pick Reese.
Because i like (how we saw on stupid girl) how he never worries about things and is a laid back guy with no pressure on himself. Malcolm is too obsessed with people liking him.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

I'm a girl too--you're right, we're pretty limited. Anyway, I would pick Reese too. He may not be the brightest, but he seems to be the happiest out of all the boys cause he doesn't let stuff bother him. He knows how to have fun, but he can also be serious and thoughtful when he needs to as well. I guess in real life, I'm more like Malcolm because I obsess over stuff. So it would be nice to be more like Reese and not worry about everything for a change. :)

p3simpson

I would pick Reese also because Reese is tuff and talented. He can cook. I cook, but never as great as him. I noticed the flaming deserts. MMMM. I also like more like Malcolm in all with the complaing...

Emrysgirl

I would pick Malcolm. Although he has more to stress about in the immediate, in the long run, he'll do fine. I don't think I could say that for Reese.

Also, in the more recent eps, I don't think Reese is completely without worries or problems. He may not have definite/numerical concerns such as grades or test scores. But, he has a pretty depressing lifestyle - no friends, a family that doesn't respect him, no clear future.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I would argue that Reese doesn't have those problems. From a third person point of view, it appears that he does, but he doesn't care; he doesn't see them as problems, and so even if they are problems, they aren't going to get solved because Reese doesn't see them as problems and it's encessary for him to see them as problems since they are, after all, his problems.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

But, he has a pretty depressing lifestyle - no friends, a family that doesn't respect him, no clear future.

Reese has a future. He's going to be a famous chef one day with his own program on the food channel and everything! :p Well, that's my theory anyway--can't speak for the show's writers who actually control these things. :D I think chefs make a lot of money too so maybe he'll be ok after all.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

I would pick dewey. Actually i wanted to be Malcolm, but if I was Malcolm, I could not meet the real Malcolm which was kind of sad. So I had to be someone else of the wilkersons (because i like that family a lot :D ). I wouldn't want to be Reese, because in my opinion he is just that brainless bully (Reese fans, forgive me:eek: ). Futhermore I wouldn't want to be Lois (too much trouble with my kids) or Hal (crazy. okay, i'm crazy, too, but if i had the luck to be in a tv show, why not have a nicer character?). Francis is not very often at home and Jamie is too young. So Dewey remains. And it would also be nice to have such a nice musical talent and stuff.

Personally i'd probably be Dewey because he's really cool, small and he gets away with anything. He's also the favourite which would be cool!! He hardly ever gets grounded and he's the good one that doesn't interfere with Reese and Malcolms pranks. I agree with Dabney that Reese is just a mindless bully. Malcolm is also smart to get into trouble. Dewey is young, cool and a great character to be!!

APK

I haven't posted on here in some time!

I think I'd be Malcolm. I've always wondered what it would be like to be a genius. Although he does have his fair share of problems, he seems to come through them okay. But to have a mind like his and to know people like the Krelboynes...I think it would be kind of fun.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Welcome back Doc Brown! We need a doctor in the house!

Hello Doc!! Nice to meet you here in the VC. Don't any of you think that Dewey is really cool and would be a great character to be?

APK

^ Yes, I agree, I think Dewey would be my second choice after Malcolm.

CJman327

Same here! I'd like to be a genius like Malcolm only it could be a pain in the butt sometimes. Only with Dewey, it would be good to be free-spirited and happy and young like Dewey. I think it would be cool to be him.....except for his brothers!:D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I'd have to be Reeese. He is laid back, smart in a "special" way, and couldn't care less about almost anything. I'd like to be like that. No stress, no worries, other then when you will run out of spray paint for vandalism. I'm in essence, Malcolm. smart, has a huge ego that needs self-satisfaction, always stressed, always complaining about someone/thing. (This also applys to my English teacher) It really is a horrible way to live. But my Band friends are helping me, I tied my hood around my head, so I couldn't get it off for about ten minutes, so i was running round the band room. I did it twice. And it felt so good to not worry about responsibility. I really want to be Reese now.

Malcoholic

I'd want to be Malcolm, because in about one year, when he's at M.I.T. or Cal Tech., he's going to discover that he was normal after all. Malcolm is miserable now because he's so much smarter than ordinary kids, and so can't socialize. But at M.I.T. or Cal Tech, he'll be "one of the boys."

My second choice would be Malcolm even though Reese is the best looking- Malcolm would get on better in life as he's a genius whilst Reese would go downhill because he's a bit of a dimwit in MitM!! I do get J's point in wanting to be Reese because i respect that view and in a way i agree but sorry....i gotta be Mlacolm for second and Dewey for 1st because he's number one!! The superstar is Dewey!!

han_keep_smilin

i would be reese because he is so laid back and lets everyone else do the work he is also funny.