Character that most frequently gets on your nerves!

[Blank] Gets on my nerves

• Total voters

admin

Retired Administrator
I would have to say, that despite being one of my favourite characters, Malcolm is the one that gets on my nerves the most

Any thoughts?

dizzy

For me it's Malcolm. In season 1 and 2 i thought he was the funniest character on the show now he's just annoying.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Hal and Lois are the two that most frequently get on my nerves. Their horrible parenting, their whole love thing is WAY over the top, and I'm SO glad we haven't had to see any more of the Hal naked/body shaving scenes which were totally feral.

Malcolm, he doesn't get on my nerves, but last season I found his storylines started getting boring. The diving board subplot in the most recent episode was so tedious I was glad I was watching the downloaded version not the TV version so I could skip those parts.

Jamie, there's nothing annoying about Jamie apart from all his appearances being way too brief, that is if they even have him in the episode at all, I reckon they should use him more.

Dewey, the same, I reckon they should show more of him and the Busey class, because that is a great subplot. He on his own has funny moments too, like how he started singing the Meow Mix song in whichever episode that was, can't remember now. I don't find him annoying.

Francis, I'll leave him out because we hardly ever see him any more, mind you I found a lot of his storylines over the last 2 seasons boring as well.

And Reese, what annoys me about him is his 'dumbness'. While he can be funny, at the same time he can be annoying - or EXTREMELY annoying as he was in the Experiment episode.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
well i love malcolm, but its gunna be him also who is the most anoying at times.

Wemboy

No one in the family gets on my nerves, Malcolm's pessimism is something i can relate to, miserable sod (can i say that?) that i am:mad: . I guess Lois would be absolutely hell to live with, but she is a fantastic character, and Hal is just a God among men. Once again, have to say i haven't seen much of the "new" Dewey, tied to the Beeb as i am, but i've always found him funny, and Reese cracks me up. I just wrote a long post about how the individual Krelboyne characters irritated me, and they do, but the only episode i can think of where that significantly comes up is in Hal's Friend, which i didn't like. Most of the time the characters are written in as a group, where they work together well. If anyone can think of another example maybe my point still stands? Oh screw it, i'm gonna say it, Cynthia irritates me, i know it's an obvious choice but it's true. Also, i thought that Otto and Gretchen were pretty one dimensional to be honest, i mean the whole joke with Gretchen seemed to revolve around the fact that she talked with a funny accent, hilarious no? There was a bit more to Otto but still.

daniel1985

Francis. In military school he was great, in Alaska he was ok, at the ranch he was ok. Now he has no real storylines and no need to be in the show at all. Its a shame but his character has run its course.

ha03367

I really don't like Lois much. her voice just annoys me.
Her principles are just irritating.

Jamie too doesn't really fit into the family.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Jamie. He came too late to effect the future of MITM and it's a bit annoying how the plots about him are, well, bad.:(

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I like Jamie's plots and I think that the writers are doing a much better job of keeping Jamie involved than, say, when Emma appeared on Friends. We actually see Hal and Lois acknowledge him in many episodes, which shows the attention to the detail and the continuation of the storyline.

allison

ha03367 said:
Jamie too doesn't really fit into the family.
That´s what I think. I don´t like the Jamie plots because I don´t think they really fit into the Malcolm in the middle concept. I don´t see a reason why they brought Jamie into the family.
Dewey sometimes annoyed me, but since he isn´t a weirdo anymore he´s quite ok (though I also liked him as a weirdo).:D
Nicki really got on my nerves, but thank god she broke up with Malcolm so I don´t have to see her anymore.
And Hal sometimes annoys me when he gets REALLY crazy.
I think that´s it.^^

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Craig gets on my nerves, but I think that's sort of the point.

Malcolm gets on my nerves. Even though he is the title character, he is probably my least favorite. I think he is the only character that hasn't changed at all; that we haven't seen another side of.

I usually don't have a problem with Reese, but I can't watch the Garage Sale episode because he is SOOOOO annoying in it.

Emrysgirl

Craig. I'm not objecting: the actor does a good job and the character is well written. He's supposed to be irritating and that's what he is.:D

Malcoholic

I adored Dewey the first season, but lately he's become too cerebral and introspective for my taste. The wonder is that after six seasons I haven't gotten fed up with any of the others, considering they all have so many irritating traits; they're all such wonderful actors, I enjoy watching what they do even when they're being stupid or horrible.

robert

Lucky Reese, Hal and Francis Only one Persone Thinks They are annoing
I don't See how Jamie gets on your nerves :confused:

AbnormalButSane

Well, if I had to choose, I'd say Malcolm. He complains just a little too much sometimes. And while that can be really funny at times, it can also get a little irksome.:) But that's just my opinion.