Character that most frequently gets on your nerves!

[Blank] Gets on my nerves

• Total voters
Jamie really gets on my nerves. I mean, he's just there! Jamie doesn't do much on the show and it was easy for me to forget that he still existed. He's like a silent off-spring. Everyone on the show had a purpose for being on the show. Jamie didn't. He hardly had a role at all, he was just a character who's there for no good reason. What do they call characters like Jamie?...Oh, i remember; they're call background characters.

Last edited:

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I chose "other". The character that REALLY gets on my nerves is Lavernia. Couldn't stand that character! But, that just goes to show you how good the actress was (who played her, by the way?).
If I HAD to pick one of the main characters, it would be...Malcolm, sorry to say. He whines a little too much for my taste. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
By some of your posts, I can see you don't really care for Malcolm too much, October Wilkerson.
If you really don't like Malcolm, what do you watch the show for? The rest of the family? :)

I watch the show because it's funny to see an annoying teenager and his family now and then. And I do care for Malcolm...it's just that I'm so opinionated that it's annoying and I just can't quit. So to answer your question, i watch the show for both Malcolm and his family.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol, I was just wondering. :)
And I don't think Ive welcomed you to the forums...partly because I haven't been around for a while. So, welcome!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Lavernia was a b**ch. And the way she ran the place was appalling. Recycling the fat from the grill being one example... EWWWWW :eek:

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Daphney also got on my nerves quite a bit. I mean, I don't dislike his character, it's just he is a little like Malcolm...whiny, etc.
In fact, ALL the Krelboynes, with the exception of Stevie, are whiny and kind of annoying! :D

Alle

I could not say which character annoys me, because in saying that might be missing the whole point of their gimmick. Malcolm, I realize, is supposed to come across as arrogant, since being constantly labled as a genius can go to anyones head. But there is a scene in "Grandma Sues" where they're all in their room discussing with dread the outcome of Lois' fifth child. There was something that Malcolm said in that scene that I found perversely infuriating. I believe he chided everyone for speaking selfishly, only to state that he was the one out of all of them with all the potential. Again, I know that its part of his gimmick to be abrasive, arrogant and hypocritical, but if I was one of his brothers at that moment, I would have given him such a slap. The nerve of that kid, did he really think he had it worse than everyone else? I've known people like that in my time. And I'm never reluctant to put them in their place.

Last edited:

MalcolmFun

That is exactly the reason people think he is an arrogant, whiny brat. What is interesting is that unlike someone who is simply arrogant and doesnt care if they offend people, Malcolm is clueless that it might be offensive. He is trying to apply almost a mathmatical formula in calculating who it is that has the most to lose. As I mentioned in some other thread, he is kind of oblivious that social comments or situations cant be calculated like a math or science problem.

Alle

Socially clueless he may be, but even you might be offended if someone spoke to like he did. I know I would. I wonder if all the characters involved in that scene believed what he said was true, or perhaps they were so distracted about Jamies impending birth, that Malcolm's words passed over them. I do believe Malcolm's concerns for his self and his own future blind him to the potential of others, especially those of his own family. Like I said before, if he said those things to me, I would have sent him crashing to planet reality in an instant.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You raise a good point. Sometimes the characters that get on our nerves are supposed to get on our nerves and their doing so is what makes the show.

BTW, welcome October! I haven't had a chance to do that yet! :) I'm an admin here so feel free to PM myself or of course tjpeople if you ever need anything. Have fun!