Character that most frequently gets on your nerves!

[Blank] Gets on my nerves

• Total voters

DragonFan31

There are very few characters that I find to be annoying, at least outside the parameters of their character. I would of course find Malcolm's arrogance and pessimism and Lois' screaming annoying if I knew them, but as tv characters, they're great. When Malcolm's going on one of his long rants, I end up loving it because of how well I know his character. In other words, the characters are supposed to be the way they are written and it fits them.

On the other hand, some characters are just annoying in a different way. Jessica, for example, can be annoying. For me, this is mainly because she always "wins" whatever situation she is in. Because I'm so fond of the boys, it frustrates me how she always trumps them. And this goes for any character in any show that always comes out on top, unless of course it's done well. Whatever, I just don't like Jessica.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">raunaq and DragonFan31, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Jessica, for example, can be annoying. For me, this is mainly because she always "wins" whatever situation she is in. Because I'm so fond of the boys, it frustrates me how she always trumps them.

Same here, deep down I always want Malcolm to win out. Even though its often funnier if he doesn't.

tedwilder

personnaly I think Dewey is the most devilish kid hence the most annoying. Feel like I want to give him a good correction sometimes :) ex : hang up the phone, "kick when down" attitude etc.. reminds me of my little bro. too much lol

Richiepiep

Administrator
personnaly I think Dewey is the most devilish kid hence the most annoying. Feel like I want to give him a good correction sometimes :) ex : hang up the phone, "kick when down" attitude etc.. reminds me of my little bro. too much lol

Nooo! ;) Dewey is just extremely cunning. Because he doesn't have the physical strength to fight the abuse his brothers subject him to, he knows he has to be clever.

Rich

flipfreak4

I don't really find Malcolm that annoying... mostly his pessimism is funny, tho in Company Picnic I did want to punch him a couple of times. But then he started crying in the next scene so I felt bad. :)

Francis is probably the one who gets on my nerves the most ... Like someone else (i forget who) already said, he was great at Marlon Academy but in Alaska he was just lame. His stories just got more and more feeble. Now when I watch those episodes I just flick through his sub-story and go on to the next part. Francis works well at military school and when he's home with the family. Other than that he's not up to much.

tedwilder

well yes I agree I do also skip the francis stuffs. specially otto and stuffs. It's not worth watching that for the 23545468425454 times like the rest of the episode :)

Seal87

Craig. He's always after Lois. He knows she's married and has kids. Doesn't care.

"And this goes for any character in any show that always comes out on top, unless of course it's done well. Whatever, I just don't like Jessica."
DragonFan31

Yeah, that's why I end up not liking much of Loony toons. It's always so one sided I want the other character to win. Like Tom & Jerry. Sometimes Tom wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gouki

Jamie gets away with alot for actually being a TV baby that is adorable, rather than a TV baby that is ugly but the scripts keep telling me that it's adorable.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Jamie gets away with alot for actually being a TV baby that is adorable, rather than a TV baby that is ugly but the scripts keep telling me that it's adorable.

Great observation! ;)

I prefer someone like Malcolm being smart but also often a very inconsiderate social misfit, rather than those 'normal' kids on sitcoms who behave like miniature adults. Last example I hit on: Bobb'e Thompson (it looks like it's hard to give a child a normal name these days) in 'The Tracy Morgan Show', who I wasn't the only one by far mistaking for a midget! It's real creepy sometimes watching kids who appear to have been forced to study hours of Jim Carrey, Hilary Duff or Sammy Davis Jr. :w00t:

Rich

zachman93

I could agree with Malcolm easily being the most annoying sometimes. However, as a branded "nerd" and admitted "brainiac" at school myself (though nowhere near Malcolm's level), I can relate to the estrangement and exclusivism that you can feel through your teen years. I've always been able to fit in with most people and I can't say I know too many people I just don't like - but I can still totally relate to the overblown renditions of highschool angst in the show.

And to err on the side of not being all analytical about it, I still find that I always nod to myself in later episodes, especially in seasons five and six. Malcolm can come off as a total jerk, for sure, but very little of it is anything I haven't experienced in some incarnation myself, and he does always seem to display some degree of wisdom or practicality through some comment or act after blundering in these episodes.

EEL123

Malcolm, for sure. Whinge, whinge, whinge.

Ida and Herkabe deserve honourable mentions.

While their actual characters aren't so annoying, I find Francis and Jamie a bit unnecessary to advance the plots of the episodes.